The Beginning

With you

 

I walked through the gates of the school, hoping to get a glance of a familiar face. It was the first day of school and I was not looking forward to it. I had been transferred to 5 different schools in the past year. Just when I was deep in my thoughts, a football came straight into my face.

 

“YAH!!” I screamed. “What did you do that for?”

 

“I wanted to,” A small faced big-eyed boy came into my way. “Next time, stay out of our game area.” He glared at me and walked back to the field.

 

Dammit... I hate this school.

 

RING!!RING!!!

 

When I was about to get seated, a boy with a creepy smile sat beside me and pat me on the shoulder.

 

“Hi! I'm Chanyeol,” He introduced, sounding really hyper.

 

“Ohh... I'm Sehun. Nice to meet you?” I replied, quite questionable about him. He wore thick-rimmed glasses and had curly, puffy hair, making him look untidily-fashionable. Whenever he smiled, he gave off this creepy aura which made me feel really uncomfortable, like when you meet a e in the middle of the road (of course he was much cuter).

 

“That's all class, tomorrow we will be learning more about algebra,” Mr Kim's voice pierced my thoughts. I grabbed my books and followed Chanyeol out of the class.

 

“Since it's your first day, let me show you around,” he grinned at me, walking down the corridor.

 

“UGH!” He yelled. Dusting off his jacket and staring at the boy who tripped him.

 

He seems familiar... I then proceeded to move closer to inspect every single corner of his face.

 

“What are you looking at?!” He screamed into my face. I remembered he was the one who threw the football in my face. I clenched my fist, ready to attack, but got held back by Chanyeol.

 

“Mianhae...” He softly muttered, bowing 90 degrees at the elder boy. The latter just smirked and wandered off into the crowd.

 

“Who was that? He didn't even deserve your respect!” I told Chanyeol once the boy was out of our sight.

 

“Ohh... That is Luhan. He goes around the school finding unpopular kids as his target and is one of the biggest bullies in the school besides Wufan, Tao and Jongin. But Jongin was transferred out of the school a few days ago due to his misconduct so now the others are in a pretty bad mood. Better not disturb them or you will be inviting more trouble.” He replied, “Luhan is part of the 'Flower Boy' group in our school, a club invented by the girls who only 'accepts' either popular or good-looking boys. They actually have a ranking for the boys here. Unfortunately, I am among the bottom due to my creepiness. Can you believe that?”

 

Yeah... I can tell.

 

“Why don't we go grab some lunch?” I asked Chanyeol. He nodded and led me to the cafeteria.

 

I set down my tray on a table, followed by Chanyeol and a dark-haired boy who seemed so much shorter than him.

 

“This is Baekhyun, my best friend. He has been with me ever since we first joined the school.”

 

“Nice to meet you,” He smiled and put out his hand. I shaked it and sat down, taking up my sandwich and ready to eat it. Just then, Luhan came in front of me, together with 2 other boys.

 

Not him again...

 

“What do you want?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Since when did you join the Creep Yeol club?” Wufan asked. It turned out that Baekhyun was actually part of the 'Flower Boys' club as he had quite a lot of suitors.

 

“Ohh... I'm just asking them about History. Later nerds,” He said to us and disappeared into the crowd.

 

Luhan kicked my chair then walked away.

 

“You call him your friend after he treated you like this?” I asked, furious at Baekhyun.

 

However, Chanyeol just smiled (like he always did) and waved away my question. “This school is like a vicious black hole that in your soul. You would do whatever it takes to be popular and survive. Many of our students actually suffer depressions cause of bullying. You see that boy there?” He pointed towards a chubby boy sitting at the back. “His name is Min Seok, has been suffering of depression since he joined the school. Luhan and Tao regularly of being fat and soon enough, he became anorexic.”

 

Chanyeol then got up and led me to a room behind the music studio. It was small and narrow, much like a closet, and had many instruments inside. He got his sandwich and started eating.

 

“What is this place?”

 

“Well... This is my hide-out. I have been meeting Baekhyun in here during every recess and lunch. Don't worry, no one can find out about this place. It used to be a supply closet but the principal decided to abandon it after a meeting with the parents about it being unsanitary and stuff like that since the things they mostly store in here are rotten leftovers.”

 

I picked up a guitar and started playing. Chanyeol laughed at me whenever I made a mistake but I didn't really care. Soon, a figure appeared at the door.

 

“BAEKHYUN!!” Chanyeol leaped from his place and wrapped his arms around the boy. The latter responded with a peck on the cheek and a slight laugh. I gasped in surprise, turns out that they were actually together but they couldn't express it in school. This made me hate Byun Baekhyun even more.

 

“I'll get going...” I said and left the room awkwardly.