The Dilemma

With you

 

The next day, I couldn't focus in class. Thousands of thoughts flooded my mind.

 

What was he doing now? Why can't class end soon? I wonder if he knows I'm here...

 

“YAH!! Oh Sehun! What is the answer for number 3?”

 

“ Huh? Ohh... Ermm, 56?” I answered, hoping it was correct.

 

Chanyeol burst out laughing, signaling to me 'It's science, not maths'

 

“WRONG! What have you been doing these few hours? Go to the washroom and wash your face. I'll give you 5 minutes.”

 

I sighed, turning away from the many laughing faces and walked towards the washroom down the hall.

 

I cupped my hands, the tap and soaked my face with water. Then, I saw him through the mirror.

 

“What are you doing here?” Luhan asked. I smiled and turned to face him.

 

“Nothing, just washing my face,” I replied, grinning like an idiot. He then slung his arm over my neck and we started talking.

 

“Hello? Oh Sehun?” A voice came from the door. It sounded familiar, like Chanyeol.

 

“Damn it,” Luhan said. He then proceeded to take his arm away from my neck and pushed me to the ground. It was so uncalled for that the back of my head hit against the floor with a big BANG. I stared at him, momentarily stunned. He lifted his leg, stomped on my stomach rapidly and exited the room.

 

What was that about? I really don't... Just then, I felt tears well up in my eyes while I tried holding them back. Why did he do that to me? Why me?

 

Chanyeol then squatted down on the floor, helping me up.

 

“You okay? Mr Kim wondered why you took so long,” He told me, rubbing the bruise behind my head.

 

“I-I'm okay,” I replied. I was so absorbed in sounding cool that I didn't realise a tear fall from my face. Chanyeol took out a tissue and wiped my tears away. That was when he came back. He looked at me with a concerned face. However, I glared at him and walked away, intentionally bumping him while exiting.

 

During lunch, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and I were in the closet... again. That's the only place where we could be ourselves. I had grown to like Baekhyun more. He was actually quite sweet, bringing flowers and chocolates to Chanyeol everyday. He even risked his reputation by holding hands with Chanyeol in the hallways. I wish Luhan would do that to me... However, I could never forgive him for what happened just now. If our relationship was going to be like that, I would never have gotten to know him in the first place. It was getting kinda inappropriate there so I took my leave and decided to go to the rooftop.

 

On my way there, I saw Luhan with Tao and Wufan, again. I continued in my path without even glancing at Luhan once. My heart ached and I knew that his did too. I heard him say to the couple 'I'll meet you in class later' and he started following me. At first I didn't know until one group of girls walked past him, shouting his name. I reached the rooftop and turned around, shouting at Luhan. He simply shrugged but I knew, at that moment, his heart sunk. I could see it in his eyes, it got much more watery. I ignored him and proceeded to the edge of the railings.

 

“What do you want?!” I yelled at him. He wrapped his arms around me, apologising many times. My body was telling me to forgive him, but my soul didn't. I struggled a little, trying to escape from his grasp, but he kept tightening his grip. Soon, we heard 2 female voices from the doorway.

 

“I swear!! I saw Luhan oppa come up here! If you don't believe me...” One said. Luhan then punched me in the face, making my heart break for the 2nd time today.

 

“Oh! Annyeonghaseyo” He smiled bashfully at the two girls. “Now don't make me see you again...” He threw me towards the ground, making his exit. My heart shattered into pieces and felt like it got smashed by another mallet by Luhan. I could hear the girls say 'He's so cool and charismatic'. I finally got a clear image of this school. It's wasn't like any other school. For this school, image was the most important. Even if you were failing, it was okay if you were like Luhan or Baekhyun. But for normal people, even if you don't fail, you will get looked down upon. Image was everything.

 

I was met with another dilemma. Should I continue playing his stupid games like my heart wants? Or should I just stop, at the risk of my heart breaking? Each time I see him, my heart skips a beat but it seemed like he'd rather have all the respect in the world than having someone who truly loved him. I picked up my cap on the floor and walked back to class calmly. Each second, a tear would be so close to falling that I had to literally blink it away. It seemed like Chanyeol and Baekhyun were the only ones who truly cared.