Chapter 3: New Friendship

Fight For Freedom

The brunette was slowly making his way to the young man when he suddenly stopped  in his tracks. OH! I almost forgot about it!" he half-screamed, startling the young man. Baek Hyun then spun around and made his way up to the living room. The young man slowly stood up, clearly stunned from the 180 degree change of the brunette's personality. "He must be bipolar." The young man then stared intently at the hatch where Baek Hyun climbed out a moment ago, hands still holding tight onto the random object. Glancing around to make sure the room is safe, he started exploring it, touching and staring in awe at the high-end equipment placed in an orderly fashion.

When the young man was nearing the hatch, it suddenly slammed opened, scaring him once again as he dropped the object he was clutching onto the floor with a loud clank and fell backwards, landing first. "Did I just scare you? Oops sorry! Are you okay?!" Baek Hyun yelled as he jumped down from the ladder, throwing the stuffs he was holding onto the table and hurried towards the young man. The man was scared, eyes almost bulging out of the sockets as Baek Hyun was getting closer.

“GET AWAY FROM ME.” The young man shouted, surprising Baek Hyun as he staggered a few steps backwards. “Dude I meant no harm okay. Do I look evil to you?” Baek Hyun continued walking towards the other male again but stoppped immediately after a few steps when the other pulled out a laser gun from the glass cabinet and pointed at him.

“Okay okay OKAY I AM NOT COMING ANY NEARER CAN YOU PUT THAT GUN DOWN IT CAN KILL." Baek Hyun panicked as he saw the young man pressing on the trigger. That laser is so strong that it can slice through human flesh in a millisecond. The brunette sighed in defeat as he sat down, hands raised up as a sign of surrendering. “You broke into my house and I was kind enough not to call the police to take you away and now you are trying to kill me. What did I do to deserve this?!”

The young man lowered the gun, but eyes still boring into Baek Hyun as he closed in the distance between the two of them.  Bending down, he looked into Baek Hyun’s brown orbs, who laughed after looking back into his black ones. “What’s so funny?” the young man asked, head tilting in confusion. “I saw myself in your eyes. It was hilarious.” The young man rolled his eyes at the answer and Baek Hyun pouted. “Alright I know I have low sense of humour but you don’t have to roll your eyes at me. Rude.”

The young man was caught off guard as Baek Hyun pulled him over, forcing him to sit next to him. He was about the punch the brunette in the guts in reflex with his other free hand, but stopped as he saw the other smiling widely at him with crescent eyes. The young man slowly relaxed and retreated his fist, sensing that the brunette really meant no harm. “Let’s be friends shall we? I shall introduce myself first. I am Byun Baek Hyun, 20 this year! Nice to meet you!"

The positive energy that Baek Hyun was emitting seemed to affect the other male as he finally smiled. “YOU SHOULD SMILE MORE YOU KNOW. YOU LOOK SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEE.” The brunette pinched his cheeks so hard he swore it'll leave red marks on him later.  ”So, what’s your name cutie?”

“I don’t have a name. I lost all my memories.” Baek Hyun gasped dramatically, and looked like he was about to bawl. The other male resisted the urge to roll his eyes again, this guy definitely has the potential to be a world class actor.

“IT’S OKAY. YOU HAVE ME NOW. YOU SHALL LIVE HERE WITH ME FROM TODAY ONWARDS. “ Baek Hyun yelled in the young man’s face, who wiped his face in disgust when a few drops of saliva landed on him. “You do know that.. I’m not fully human right?”

“Duh, what do you think? I was the one who was charging you. You are a hyrbid~” The young man mentally slapped himself for asking such a stupid question. “D.O!” the brunette yelled again, and the young man jolted in surprise. His eyes followed Baek Hyun as the brunette ran towards the table and picked up a box, pointing at the English word printed across it. “Donuts?” Baek Hyun grinned as his finger pointed at the first two alphabets. “Your name shall be D.O now! And you better like it cos Byun Baek Hyun thought of it.”  

D.O was about to get up when a donut was shove in his face. “Care for some donuts?“ the brunette winked at him, making him uneasy as goosebumps started forming on his skin. This guy is way too abnormal for his liking. Thanking him he took the glazed donut from the brunette, noticing that he has beautiful slender fingers. “I know I know, everyone tells me that my hands are pretty, so pretty that even women are jealous of them.”.  D.O snorted as he munched on his donut, “Narcissist.”

“EXCUSE ME BUT I CAN HEAR YOU.”