Chapter 2: Revival

Fight For Freedom

 

Baek Hyun went over to the middle of the living room and pulled the dull yellow carpet off the floor, revealing a hatch. Piggybacking the lifeless body, he slowly descended down and locked the hatch above him. Gently placing the android on the long metal table in the middle of the huge pristine looking room they are in now, he made his way round the well-equipped room, grabbing some pliers and wires and started working on the android.

The brunette’s face scrunched up as he couldn’t any openings to unscrew the android’s body. How was he supposed to revive him then? He pulled the half- android up and piggybacked it to the other side of the room, placing him in the patient's table. Pressing on the red start button, the system roared into life as the body was brought into the scanner. Making himself comfortable on the white couch, Baek Hyun waited for the wall size computer screen in front of him to display the x-ray of the android so he could have a better understanding of his internal compartments.

A beep was heard before the big screen projected the image along with the results at the side. The brunette was surprised as he stood up from the couch, making his way nearer to the screen.

 

This young man actually has half a human’s heart?

 

Pressing on the remote, the screen zoomed in on the young man’s heart. Half of it was artificial and shiny, shaped exactly like a human’s heart. The other half was a legit human heart, alive and beating. There are thin wires attached to the human’s heart, which Baek Hyun assumed it was done to make the artificial heart “alive”.

Another beep was heard and Baek Hyun zoomed in on a flashing point at the back of the android’s neck. “Found it.” Bringing the android out the scanner, Baek Hyun placed the him back onto the metal table before reaching out for a charger hanging on his wall. Grinning as the plug fitted perfectly into the android’s neck, the brunette’s stomach growled and he laughed at himself. He was so immersed in reviving the android that he forgot that he had not ate his breakfast yet. Making sure that the android is in good condition, he left it alone to charge while he went back up to the living room.

Grabbing his box of donuts from the dining table, Baek Hyun went into the kitchen and took out a plate from his drawers. Walking over to the sink, he the tap and washed the plate, continue to sing the sunshine song he sung on the way here while doing so. He dried the plate with the kitchen towel and walked back to the dining table. After debating for a good ten minutes, Baek Hyun finally chose the chocolate coated donut out of the dozen. He was about to sit comfortably on the chair when suddenly a loud bang was heard from below. He was shocked and landed on the floor instead. "Oww, oh my god what was that?!". Slowly standing up while rubbing his now sore , Baek Hyun hurriedly climbed back down to the basement, only to see the his once perfect metal table now dented across the other end of the room , with a frantic body trying to pull the charger out of his neck , limbs tangling around his neck and the thick charger wire.

“Feisty aren’t you. Destroying my precious experiment room like it’s a piñata.” The android spun around and on instinct, grabbed the nearest object as a weapon. Chuckling, the brunette merely shook his head as he sauntered his way towards the terrified young man who was cowering at the corner of the room. 

A smirk appeared on the flawless brunette's face. "This is gonna be interesting."