Chapter 6: Wake Up.

Fight For Freedom

Zi Tao hummed to his favorite melody as he pranced around the mansion, strictly observing the maids and chefs who was preparing for their young master’s arrival. Balloons were hung up all over the mansion and the long dining table was filled with all the young master’s favourite food. Hearing the doorbell, Tao swiftly passed everyone a basket of confetti as they stood in two opposite lines in between the red velvet carpet facing each other.

“WELCOME BACK YOUNG MASTER!” everyone cheered and bowed deeply as the oak doors opened, revealing Baek Hyun in a white outfit as he stepped into the mansion. The brunette giggled as he sashayed down the red carpet, bowing and thanking everyone as they continuously showered him with confetti. Some of the maids cried (in happiness) and Baek Hyun gave all of them a warm hug.

Baek Hyun’s smile became wider as he neared the end of the carpet. Tao as usual, was decked in his favourite black suit; the one Baek Hyun gave it to him when he first came to the Byun household. The brunette stopped right of his personal butler and knocked softly on his head who was down. Looking up, Tao smiled at the practically glowing Baek Hyun and gestured him towards the dining table. The bubbly young master’s eyes sparkled when he smelled the aroma coming from the dining area and ran towards there, and Tao had to close his agape mouth to prevent him from drooling. Settling down in his seat, the starving brunette tucked in as he stuffed a piece of the kobe beef into his mouth, eyes closed as he savoured the juicy meat slowly. Eventually, everyone joined in the feast when Baek Hyun ordered them to eat with him, and fed every single of them to express his gratitude.

 

 “You must be tired young master. Have a good rest. Do call me if you need my assistance.” Tao brought the tired young master up to his large bedroom and closed the white door before heading downstairs to help out with the cleaning. He stopped midway on the stairs and looked back at the white door; he hoped that the one year rehabilitation his young master went through after that tragic incident is really working.

 

Tao will never forget how his lively young master turned into a living zombie not long after he woke up from his deep slumber. The brunette slept for two whole days due to extreme fatigue and hunger. He will never forget how badly his young master was trembling, begging him to let him see D.O. He tried to pin the struggling brunette down on his bed, only to make the other yell broken sentences at him. He did made out a few though, like, “I HAVEN’T TOLD HIM I LOVE HIM YET.”, “WHY AM I SO OBLIVIOUS.”, “TAO PLEASE I HAVE TO TELL HIM I LOVE HIM.”

He refused his younger master’s request even though all he wanted to do was oblige to it. The family doctor warned them that seeing D.O might worsen Baek Hyun’s mental condition even further. His young master’s health is far more important than anything else and he will do anything to protect him; even with the brunette hating him for the following week. For the next few weeks, the lifeless young master would not come out of his room Tao started to notice that the pale looking brunette would always wear long sleeves, even if the weather was scorching hot. The wretched butler  reported Baek Hyun’s condition to his parents after he integrated the frightened brunette, whose arms were filled with scars from self-harming. The heart broken couple decided to send their son to the villa they owned near Hae Un Dae beach to rehabilitate, and it took a full year before Baek Hyun managed to overcome the incident and depression.

 

Baek Hyun groaned as the warm rays shone on his scrunched up face. He was so exhausted he totally forgot to let down the curtains before he knockdown on his bed. Realizing that his whole bed is under the warm sunlight after rolling to the other end, he stumbled out of his fluffy blue covers and yawned. Finishing the delicious sunny side up already prepared for him, he headed towards the familiar hallway he used to walk so often; the hallway to his laboratory.

Tao informed him that they placed him in his laboratory’s secret room while he was away for rehabilitation when he was having his breakfast. The brunette’s pace became slower as he got closer to the heavily secured door. Should he go in to see him or should he just head back to his room?  His attention went to the metal accessory on his right hand when to glistened against the warm rays of the sun. Gliding his fingers on the metal surface softly, he smiled and hesitated for a moment before his delicate fingers pressed a few buttons on the password pad.

 

Stepping into the familiar room, Baek Hyun lips curled into a smile as he played around with the high end equipments placed all over the room. “So everything is still the same huh.” He bit on his lips, eyes darting towards an icy blue door at the other side of the room. He felt his footsteps getting heavier as he got nearer to the door; is he really prepared to see him after spending a year to overcome the incident? Is he sure that he won’t breakdown after seeing him? His head hurts and his heart was beating so fast he felt like it could burst any moment, for he really have no idea how he will react after seeing him.

Punching another set of password again, the icy blue door clicked and opened. Clutching onto the hem of his tee tightly, Baek Hyun slowly entered into the bright themed room, feet cold against the cool pastel tiles. This room was a total opposite of the metallic themed laboratory; the walls are splashed with various shades of pastel colours with animals drawn on it, and stuffs toys of all shapes and sizes are all over the place. He walked towards the bright green bed at the corner of the room, and stiffened when he saw him sleeping peacefully. Numerous wires and cables were all over his petite body, and the heartbeat monitor beside the bed showed a constant normal heartbeat rating.

 

Baek Hyun wiped his sweating palms against his pants before caressing his face gently, fingers delicately touching the long lashes and slowly slid them along his nose bridge and stopped on his plump soft lips. The brunette tried to fight back his tears and the ache in his heart as his fingers continued to dance on his face; how he wished his could look at his doe like eyes again, how he wished he could see him flaring his nostrils after he teased him, how he wished he could see his lips move to mouth his name, and how he wished he could hear his husky voice calling out for him. Two drops of tears landed on the metal accessory on Baek Hyun’s hand and they slid down onto his flawless face.

D.O ah..”