Chapter 5: Never Let You Go

Fight For Freedom

A loud gunshot reverberated the silent woods, and flocks of birds from the nearby trees flew away in surprise. Baek Hyun let out a groan when a force pushed him backwards, forearms scraped against the pebbles and stones and back slammed against the hard ground. Squinting his eyes opened, the brunette gasped when he saw D.O smiling faintly at him, with his arms wrapped tightly around his waist. Feeling no signs of pain Baek Hyun sighed in relief, they had managed to escape the gunshot. He turned back to D.O, only to see the younger male spitting red liquid from his mouth, trails of blood flowing down his plum lower lip.

“Wait… Oh god no..” Baek Hyun panicked as D.O’s body went limp and pressed against his, sending both of them onto the ground again. Baek Hyun cupped and shook the lifeless boy’s face, only with the other staring back at him lifelessly; his once glistening black orbs now gone forever. “Yah… wake up D.O ah.. yah.. YAH WAKE UP!!.” Tears rolled down the brunette’s cheeks as he shook D.O even harder, too shocked to comprehend what had just happened.

 

“LET ME GO YOU BASTARDS.” The bawling brunette screamed as the two men forcefully tore them apart, with the taller one dragging him away while the shorter man strolled towards D.O’s cadaver. Casting a smirk at Baek Hyun, the shorter man ripped the android’s flannel button-up shirt apart and proceeded to rip the motherboard out from his body. “NO STOP IT. PLEASE… I BEG YOU.. STOP…” Baek Hyun can only helplessly plead the man, already knowing what he was trying to do. The sobbing brunette closed his eyes and lowered his head, not bearing to watch but taller male pulled his head back up and forced him to look at the whole process, obviously trying to torture him.

Smirking as he held the motherboard in his hand, the shorter man let it go and the piece landed on the ground with a thud. Bringing his foot up, he stomped hard on the motherboard for a couple of times, eventually breaking it into pieces. Baek Hyun legs gave way and fell onto the floor when the taller man let him go, eyes dazed as they slowly fixated on D.O’s bloodied and now hollow chest.

“This is what happens when you disobey us. Hah. You can have his body to mourn if you want little boy.” The shorter male laughed as the two figures retreated to a motorbike parked in the tall bushes and sped off.

The skies seem to sympathise their plight as Baek Hyun felt something wet hit his head. Looking up, he saw the grey sky with endless droplets of rain falling on both of them. The trees rustled against the strong winds, as if to cry along with the heart broken male.

Baek Hyun crawled towards D.O body, not caring about the pain he felt every time the still fresh cuts on his forearm scraped against the rough ground, new set of tears streaming down his already tear-stained cheeks. Pulling the body to his chest, Baek Hyun buried his head in D.O's hair and inhaled the familiar faint mint shampoo.

The brunette then screamed till his throat hurts, and cried till his eyes were bloodshot. The pain in his heart was so excruciating he had to let it out. His trembling hands brushed against something solid in one of the D.O’s shirt pocket and fished out a cold object metal, revealing an almost done ring bracelet with a sun symbol charm in the middle. Wiping his tears away with the back of his hand, Baek Hyun took a good look at the ring bracelet, and found his name engraved at the bottom at the charm. The brunette bit on his lips hard, trying his best not to cry again as he gripped tightly onto the glistening piece of metal.

Shoving the accessory in his back pocket with one hand, Baek Hyun’s pressed the other one on D.O’s left chest. Realizing that the android's  heart was still beating, he quickly scrambled up to pick up the broken pieces of the motherboard strewn next them. “I will not let you die. Never.” The brunette mumbled as he piggybacked the android’s body and ran as fast as he could to his mansion.

After much struggle, Baek Hyun finally reached his mansion. Panting hard, he managed to press the doorbell with his elbow after a few tries. "Byun Residents, may I help you?" a familiar voice spoke. "TAO! It’s me, Baek Hyun! Open the door!" Baek Hyun yelled into the intercom. "Oh! Master Baek Hyun! Welcome back! I’ll open the gates immediately." Tao answered and the intercom ended with a beep. The grand main gates slowly opened up, and the already exhausted and drenched brunette ran towards the opened main door, with Tao greeting him from inside.

"Omo, Master Baek Hyun! Are you okay?! Why are you drenched?! And who's that on your back?!" Tao quickly brought a towel to dry both of them. "Tao bring him down to my lab please, I will explain everything later." Nodding at Baek Hyun, the raven haired butler piggybacked D.O and  hurried down to the lab as the fatigued brunette wiped himself dry with the towel, slowly trudging behind.

 

Baek Hyun felt the hallway spinning as he shook his head, trying to keep his stance before his body shut down and collapsed on the carpeted floor.