We're Lost.

Which way is Home?

Here's the next chapter!  Hope you like it! 
__________________________________

2014

Amber’s POV:

I’m so excited for today!  Krystal, my beautiful princess, ask me on a date.  It’s not the date that excite me, it’s just, I’m always happy whenever I’m with her.  She’s my love.  She’s the owner of my heart and I trust her to keep it save because in love, it’s all about trust.  I’m sorry, I’m a bit cheesy today. 

Another thing is, just this morning, I was out with Jessica, Krystal’s older sister who I’m partially deadly afraid of.  You might be thinking, how can I be PARTIALLY yet DEADLY afraid of someone right?  Well, I’m partially afraid because she’s really nice until she turns cold, so I’m afraid that she’ll randomly turns cold.  When she does turn cold, I’m DEADLY afraid. 

Anyway, I was out this morning…um… ring shopping with Jessica.  Luckily, Jessica knows someone who owns a jewelry store and they were so nice to close it down just for us for a couple of hours, otherwise, the rumors will fly.

I was so nervous when I came over to her parent’s place to answer them for their youngest daughter’s hand in marriage.  It took a lot of planning to get Jessica and the parents there without Krystal being there. 

**Flashback**

Oh G-d, I’m really doing this.  Okay Amber, calm down.  One step at a time, first knock.  Just as I raise my hand to knock, Mrs. Jung flung the door open, “AMBER!  Come on in!”

“Thank you Mrs. Jung.”

“Amber, how many times do I have to tell you, just call me mom.”  I just smile at her.  If all goes well today, then she’ll be my mother-in-law soon enough.

“Am Boy!”  Mr. Jung yell excitedly from the kitchen table, “Sit, sit!  Dinner is about to start.”

“Thank you.”  I’m glad he didn’t shake my hand today because I’m sweating like a pig.

Once every Jung (except Krystal who is out with Sulli) sat down, we began to dig in and talk about random stuff.  Yep, we’re that close with each other.

After we ate, I offer to do the dishes and as always, I got turn down.

It’s okay Amber.  Let Sica do it later.  That girl is too lazy.”

“Mom!”

Mr. Jung injected in, “everyone, let’s sit in the living room.  I’m sure Amber have something to say since she made sure we’re all here but Krystal.”  He had a glint in his eyes.  Oh no, does he know?  OMG OMG….ok, calm down Amber.

So, what do you want to say Amber?”  Mrs. Jung asks.

Well…I…”  , I completely forgot what I was going to say.  Breath Amber, breath.  In, out.  In, out. 

Taking I deep breath, “I would like to ask for your permission to let me have the honor of taking Krystal’s hand in marriage.  I know we’re still a bit young, but we’ve been together for a long time and I really love her.  I would never dream of hurting her.  I can’t live if she’s not happy.  I’ll do everything in my power to make everyday an epic love adventure for her.  Please let me have this honor.” 

After I said all that (and did I even breathe?  Was that even in Korean?), I got on my knees and bow to them, with my head touching the ground. 

“Amber…”  I heard Mrs. Jung whisper out but I’m to afraid to lift my head.

“Yah!  Llama head!  Get up!”  Jessica, definitely Jessica. 

I immediately got up only to be engulf in a bear hug by Mrs. Jung.

Of course you have permission!  Omo, you makes Krystal happiest.  Every time your name comes up, she looks like she’ll burst from love.” 

My heart swell up with happiness when I hear that.  Mrs.  Jung let go of me and turns to her husband.

I agree with my wife Amber.  You two are the very definition of love.  I don’t think I need to tell you not to hurt my daughter?”

“No sir.”

“Good, Jessica?”

I look over to Jessica and notice her glaring at me with her infamous ice glare.  Normally, I would look away, but not today, not this time.  This is for Krystal.

I don’t know how long I stare at her but I do know that I felt my body freezing up.  Suddenly, she breaks into a bright smile.

Can I help pick the engagement ring??”

“Of course.”

“Good.  Then I approve.”

**End Flashback**

And that’s why I was ring shopping with Jessica this morning.  We pick out a nice, simple yet elegant ring. 

It has two diamond in the middle to signify the both of us.  On the inside, I got it engrave to say, “Krystal, my Princess forever”. 

I’m planning of asking her to marry me next week.  I need to get everything ready and perfect first.  So excited.  Now, I need to get ready for my date!  Even though it’s only dinner at her place, it’s with her so… *cheeky smile*

Krystal’s POV:

I’m getting ready for Amber up for our date tonight.  I wonder how she’ll react…

I hear the doorbell ring.  Amber’s here.

Opening the door, I saw her standing on the other side with a single rose in her hand.  She always give me a single rose and never more because she said that I’m the only one she’ll ever love at and love.  Amber, why are you so perfect? 

“Amber!”

“Princess!”

After she got in, I close the door behind us and gave Amber a quick peck on the lip.

Thank for the flower love.  Go to the kitchen, it’s all set up.”

I didn’t really set it up that much, just a plate of spaghetti for each of us, two cups of wine, and some candles.  A typical dinner date you know?

“It looks delicious!”

We dig in.

“Have I mention, you look beautiful today?”

“Hm…no, not yet.”

“Well you do Princess.  Of course, that shouldn’t be a surprise, you look beautiful everyday.”

I blush and look down at the table.  Stop it Amber.  Stop saying words that make my heart flutter.   

We talk a bit over dinner, but it was mostly silence.  Not an awkward silence, but a comfortable  one. 

After we finish and clean up, I sat Amber down on the chair.  Ok Soojung, you can do this.  You’ve been practicing all day for it.

Princess?"

“Amber, I have something to say.”  I grab Amber’s hand and kneel down to her level.

“Krys…”

Is she…expecting a proposal? 

“Amber…I think…we need to stop seeing each other.”  There, I said it.

I felt her hand tense up.

“Wha- why?  Did I do something wrong?  I’m sorry, whatever I did, I’ll fix it!”

I held her down and stare into her tear b eyes.  Don’t cry Soo-jung!  Don’t cry!

“It’s not your fault Amber.  It’s just…f(x) is over and my solo career…”  I trail off.

“We’ve been together, hiding our relationship of the public to protect our career, and now, after everything, you want to give up?”

“It’s not that!  It’s just – “

Amber cut me off, “Tell me Krys, do you love me?”

This is it Soo-Jung.  I don’t want to lie to you Amber, but for the sake of our career, I have to.  I’m sorry.  I promised I’ll never lie to you, and now, I have to break it.  But it’s for the better.

“I did love you once.  I’m not…in love with you anymore.”  I hope she didn’t hear my voice crack.

“Is there…someone else?”  She ask with tears falling down her checks.

“No.  I just, don’t feel the spark anymore.”

“I see.”  She answers me and kiss me lightly on my lips, “I hope you’ll find the person that’ll make you happy.” 

Her eyes…so empty.

With that, she turns around and left the house.  The door closes behind her and along with it, my heart die.  There’s now a manmade wall between us.  How ironic, it was always the ideals of society that separate us, and now, it’s the very thing man built.

I’m sorry Amber.  It was for everyone’s good.  You might hate me now, but you’ll see why I did what I did.

Society will never accept us.
__________________________________

 Sorry for all grammar and spellings mistakes.  Feedbakcs are always welcome!