Continue driving north

Which way is Home?

Once again, thank you for those that subscribe and comment!  I really appreciate it! 

Alright, here's the next chapter. 

Um... i decide to color code this

Green = Korean talking

Black = English

Red = Chinese

_____________________________________

April 24, 2019

“Victoria-umma, I’m outside the gate, where are you?” 

“Ah, which gate are you at?  I’m standing with a green van looking at gate E.”

“Oh, I see the green van.  You’re the one wearing the weird looking hat right?”

“YAH!  It’s not weird!”  Victoria hangs up.

Amber roll her eyes, sure, a blue hat with a green chicken on top of it and skulls around the brim is sooooo not weird.

Victoria looks around and saw an American looking person coming towards her.  She immediately knew it was Amber, “YI YUN!!!

Victoria ran up and totally tackles her.

Whoa!  Haha, I miss you too Vicky!”

Don’t call me that!  I hate that name!”

And that’s why I’m calling you that.”

Just…get in the car Amber.” 

Amber, not wanting to stand around in the sun any more, quickly comply and after putting her luggage in the trunk, got into the passenger seat and Victoria drove off.

So, how does it feel to be back in Korea after leaving?”

“Could have been better.”

“Amber…”

Amber shrug, “It doesn’t matter; she’s happy.”

Victoria frown and thought, ‘but she’ll be happiest with you.’  Instead of voicing out her opinion, she decided to move onto a different topic.

So, you’re quite popular, you know that?”

Amber glance sideway to Victoria before turning back to the front, “Am I?”

Amber, you are the most sought after composer and choreographer in the WORLD!  You’re legendary!  JYP wanted to booked you to choreograph one of their new group’s dance but you had a waiting list of about 3 years.”

“…It was three months…”

“Really?  Oh, well, I guess their info in wrong.  So, did you put your work on hold to be here or…?”

“I animated the dance and show it to my dance team.  I put them in charge of teaching the clients.”

“Smart.  Ah, here we are.”  Victoria stops in front of a pale yellow, two story house with a balcony on the second story. 

Nice house,” Amber comments on when she steps out of the car and saw the house.

Yeah?  Well, you’ll be living here for the next month so you better like it!”

After getting the luggage, they both enter the house.  The house, from what Amber can see, is pretty modest.  The living room have two couches perpendicular to each other.  There’s a large, flat screen TV, a mahogany coffee table, a book case, a small computer station and lots of pictures.  One picture on the computer desk caught her eyes; it was a picture of f(x) when they first debuted. 

Without knowing it, Amber drops her stuff and mindlessly walks over to the picture.  She picks it up and her thumb gently glides over everyone’s face before stopping on Krystal’s.  She didn’t know how long she stares at it until she felt Victoria’s hand of her shoulder.

Come on, I’ll show you your room.”

Amber nod and set the picture down, but not before looking at Krystal’s face one more time. 

Victoria took Amber upstairs and show her the guess room that she’ll be staying at.

It’s next to mine room, so if you need anything, just give me a call.  I’m sure you’re tire, so I’ll let you rest.”

“Okay, thank you.”

“No problem.  And Amber?”

“Yeah?”

“She’s happiest with you.”  With that said, Victoria went into her room and closes the door.

 “Was, Vicky, was…”  Amber whisper to the air as she too walks inside her temporary room.

**beep beep**

That was Amber’s phone notifying her of a text message.

It’s from Jessica, “Amber!  Vic. just texted me.  Welcome back dork.  I need to talk to you so meet me at the playground in the park close to Vic’s place k?  I’ll be there in 30.” 

Amber sigh, ‘she doesn’t even care that I just got here.’ 

But despite her complaining, she still went to the bathroom to wash up and change since the clothes she’s wearing smell likes airplane. 

Vicky!  I’m heading out!  I’ll be back later!”

“OKAY!”

Thirty minutes later, Amber is sitting on the swing gently rocking back and front while waiting for Jessica.

‘Where is that girl?’  Amber thought.

Suddenly, she sees someone running like a penguin towards her and knew immediately that it’s Jessica.

Finally!”

“Sorry, I ran into some reporters.  **deep breath and release**  So, how are you?”

“Good, you?”

“Hm…let’s go someone with less people.”

Amber and Jessica walks on the park’s path towards the west side of the park, the side where no one go to because there’s nothing there beside a bench and a big tree.  It gives off a scary feeling but it provides the privacy they both needs.  Once they got there, they both sat down, their legs on either side of the bench and their back against each other.

“Why you call me here?”

“Are you really going to Krystal’s wedding?”

“I said yes didn’t I?”

“Dan doesn’t want you there.  He’s afraid you might steal her away.”

“She chooses him didn’t she?”

“Amber, do you want to know why she wants you there?”

Amber didn’t answer.

“Because she wants to see you again and prove to herself that she’s over you.  That gotta means something.” 

“It means nothing.”

Jessica sighs and got off the bench.  Amber turns and waits for Jessica to continue the conversation.  Jessica, surprisingly, got down on her knees and grab Amber’s face, shifting it so that they were looking eye to eye.

“Listen here, you two are soul mates, whether you both know it or not.  No one, and I mean NO ONE approves of this marriage, not even Dan’s parents.  The only reason why my parents agree is because they hope that you’ll come back and stop the madness.”

“Why?  She’s happy with him.”

“Yes, she’s happy with him, just like she’s happy when she sees me, or when she gets to eat mango, but with you Amber, she’s not just happy, she content.  With you Amber, nothing else matters, the world cease to exist.  With him, the world is still very much spinning.”

“What do you want me to do?  I’m not going to destroy the best thing she ever had.”

“That’s where you’re wrong!  YOU are the best thing she ever had.  If you don’t stop the wedding, you’re going to destroying it.”

“Do you know how much that’ll hurt her?”

“It’s for the best.  In the end, she’s always happiest with you.”

“I – I…”

“Look Amber, sometimes, when I look at my little sister, I can’t help but wonder if, in her head, she’s rewriting fairytales she no longer believe in.  I can’t make you stop the wedding.  I know how hard you tried to put you life back on track after what happen, and I’m not selfish enough to tell you to destroy it all, but, if you really want Krystal to be happy, fight for her.”

Amber balls her fists, “You don’t know how many times I’ve been push to the side.  You don’t know how many times I chased after her only for her to leave once more.  You don’t know how many times I had to watch from the sidelines as she pretends I don’t exist.  You don’t know – “

“Shut up Amber!  YOU are the one that doesn’t know how many times she cries on my shoulder for treating you like that!”

“She…what?”

“Just…one more time Amber.  Chase after her once more, and this time, see it through the finish line.  Please.  I can’t make you do this, but just, please think about it.  If not for you, for Krystal, your princess.”  With that said, Jessica kiss Amber’s cheek and got up from the ground and walk away.

She stop about 10 feet away from Amber and instead of turning around, she just said, “Love doesn’t care how the story ends, it only care that two people wrote it together until the end.”

With that said, Amber was left staring at her retreating figure while her mind works overtime, trying to process everything before she completely breaks down.

It didn’t work.

____________________________

Feedbacks are forever welcome and sorry for any and all grammar and spelling mistakes.