Juliette

Juliette

 

-Two Months-

You and Minho were walking down the hallway; you carrying one prop box and Minho carrying two. He looked down at you and noticed your sad expression on your face again. He sighed.

“Jonghyun again?”

You quickly snapped your look at him with wide eyes. You wanted to reject it but you knew Minho could look right through you. You nodded as you looked back down. He sighed as he inched closer to you, showing that he did care.

Suddenly you bumped into someone and fell backwards. Making all the stuff in the box you carried scatter across the floor. You look up to see Jonghyun looking at you, Min Young’s arms were wrapped around his. Jonghyun got out of Min Young’s grip and tried to help you up.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!!”

Everything froze. Jonghyun stared at you in shock as you inched away from him. He stared at your face as you started sobbing. Quickly you got up and ran down the hallway, Jonghyun still shocked from your expression.

Minho calmly placed the boxes he was holding down and then grabbed Jonghyun on the collar and punched him. Jonghyun still didn’t move, but Minho dropped him to the ground and sighed.

“I warned you didn’t I?”

Those words rang through Jonghyun’s ears as he layed there on the ground still having a shocked face on his face.

JongHyun's POV

Me and __________ have been hanging out a lot, I’ve been feeling very happy with her. I never want to leave her side. Although this was what I wanted, Min Young has been having problems recently as her sickness was coming back again.

Min Young has been my friend for over 7 years. When I first met her, she was already very ill. My parents wanted me to play with her, and I stayed with her because she seemed like someone who needed a friend. Even though she was older than me, I still cared for her a lot.

Now her illness has come back, so sometimes Min Young will text me while I’m on my dates with ___________, but I can’t seem to just let it brush off my shoulder. I know ____________ won’t mind. She’s a loving girl who understands me.

When I bumped into my girlfriend, I got surprised. I went to help her up, but she yelled at me. I didn’t know what to do. Should I help her?

Suddenly she got up and ran away. Minho stood up and walked up to me. He grabbed me by the collar and er punched me in the face. I was in shock and was pissed. Suddenly I heard him say these words.

“I warned you didn’t I?”

He started running away. Min Young was crouched down next to me checking on my face and making sure if I was okay. I couldn’t stop thinking. What warning?

Suddenly it hit me.

“You know, I don’t like being mean to my friends. But I want you to stay away from my girl.”

Minho scoffed at what Jonghyun said.

“Stay away? You knew I’ve liked her since last year. Why would you suddenly take her when you knew how I feel?”

“Look. I’m sorry for what I did. But, I stepped up. You just kept casually talking, not taking the game. I got tired of watching you, so I thought I can make my move. And I did. She’s my girl now. And I want to make her happy. I know you two are basically best friends, but just…don’t become too close to her. I really like her…”

Minho glared at Jonghyun for a good five minutes then sighed.

“Okay fine…but if you hurt her or even make her cry once. I will take her away from you.”

Jonghyun chuckles at his comment.

“Don’t worry. I won’t”

My eyes widen as I remembered everything. I quickly got up and started running after both of them.

--

Your POV

You were hiding inside the gymnasium behind the bleachers as you were sobbing. You suddenly heard the gym doors open and silenced your crying, but you were still sniffling.

Minho walked around the gym hearing your sniffling. Finally he looked under the bleachers and saw you curled into a ball.

“Hey…Come here…”

He stretched his arm out to you and you took it. You came out from the bleachers and stood there with your tear soaked cheeks glistening from the gym lights. Minho looked at you straight in the eyes as he wiped your tears as they fell. You looked down and turned around facing away from him.

“Why are you being so nice to me…?”

Minho stared at your backside for a while, and then gave you a hug from behind. He leaned down to your ear and whispered to you.

“Because…I love you…”

You become shocked from his words as you look over your shoulder at him. He looks back at you straight in the eyes as his face was slightly pink from the confession. He lets you go as you turn to face him. Minho started to say something until he noticed something in the corner of his eye.

Jonghyun ran past the gym doors quickly and Minho saw this. Suddenly he came back to the door and stared at both of you wide eyed. Minho smirked and then leaned down and stole a kiss from your lips. His kiss was gentle and light like a feather. It wasn’t forceful, nor was it just a peck. It was very sweet.

Suddenly Minho got tackled to the ground by Jonghyun and was being beaten up, not even fighting him. You quickly grabbed Jonghyun’s arms trying to pull him off of Minho, but he wouldn’t budge.

“STOP IT JONGHYUN!”

After Jonghyun threw one last punch, he got off of Minho and stood in front of you with a very angry expression. You flinched from his stare and Jonghyun grabbed your shoulders and kissed you hard in the mouth. It hurt. You pushed him off of you and tears started falling down your eyes again. What shocked you was Jonghyun was crying as well.

“Why are you pushing me away? I’m your boyfriend, you shouldn’t be kissing other guys! Why are you doing this to me?”

You scoffed at what he said and looked at him again.

“Me doing something? I’ve done nothing to you. You’ve been talking to Min Young ever since we started dating. Even when we have our time together, she always is either the person you’re focused on texting, or comes in the middle of our date and ruins it. I’ve put it up for the past two months. But now, I’m tired. I’m tired of this. If you’d rather be with her than me, go ahead. I’m done Jonghyun. I’m tired of being hurt. I always thought when you asked me out, you were truly looking at me. But I was wrong…”

You walked and bumped your shoulder on his and leaned down over to Minho who was wiping the blood off his lip. You helped him to get back up as Jonghyun stared at you two. As you both started walking, Minho stopped and looked at Jonghyun with piercing eyes. Then you both walked away from him, who fell to his knees as he watched you two leave the gym together.

Minho cringed in pain as the nurse patted his cut lip with a cotton ball. She sighed as she finished wiping away the blood and gave him a chapstick to rub on his lips.

“You guys just getting yourselves in trouble. Please be more careful!”

You both nod at the nurse as you smile to each other and laugh a little. Suddenly, you remember to what Minho did and your face became pink, and hearing Minho cough awkwardly, you guessed he was remembering the same thing too. You glance at him as he plays with his fingers then glance at you.

“Hey…so…about earlier…I’m sorry for abruptly kissing you.”

“No it’s fine.”

“No it isn’t. You’re taken…or at least you were at the time…and…well it was just my fault.”

You sat down next to Minho and gave him a hug. Surprised, but slowly he wrapped one arm around you as you hugged his waist. You felt safe with him.

He takes a breath and then let his arm off your shoulder. Suddenly, Key, Taemin, and Onew walk ran into the room looking frantic. They ended up falling over from suddenly stopping in front of you.

“Hyung! Are you okay?!” Taemin says as he looks at Minho’s bruises on his face. Minho smiled and ruffled the young boy’s hair.

“Yeah I’m fine.”

“Oh good! I was so worried when I heard you got in a fight!” Key said in relief.

“Yeah. We don’t want you becoming expelled! You’re lucky it’s late afterschool right now!”

You all laughed, then the room became silent as everyone looked at you with a worried look. You noticed everyone staring and smile.

“I’m fine guys. I’ve ended…our relationship…”

Key gasped as Taemin and Onew gave you a look of shock. Minho turned to look at you and then looked back at the three.

“Yeah, so now, we all can be focused on just getting this play done with!”

You all cheered, then Onew suddenly received a text. He shovd his phone back in his pocket.

“Sorry guys! I have to go pick a friend up from this café they’re at. I’ll see you all later!”

You all waved goodbye, then Key grabbed your wrist and smiled at you. Knowing him, and how he is, you might end up having to give him details of what happened earlier today.

“I’m going to take __________-ah away. We haven’t had best friend talk in a long while!”

You rolled your eyes and smiled as Key started dragging you out of the room. Once you reached to Key’s car, you both got in and started to head to the mall. On the drive there, Key turned his head facing you and smirked.

“Okay, spill it!”

“What??”

“You know! What happened earlier? What did Jonghyun do??!”

You laughed at Key’s over exaggerated excitement on the topic.

“Well, Jonghyun saw me and Minho kiss-“

Key suddenly stopped at a red light.

“HE WHAT?!”

“Yeah. He kissed me, and Jonghyun saw. Then he tackled Minho and kept beating him up.”

The light turned green and you point forward at the light. Key starts driving again, while poking your leg, trying to make you tell him more details.

“And then? And then?!”

“Jonghyun snapped at me and I couldn’t handle it so I broke it off…and then brought Minho to the nurses office.”

“Wow. So then…are you with Minho?!”

You gave him a ‘wth’ face and shook your head no. Key looks at you with a weird face, then continues to look at the road. You both enter the parking lot of the mall and find a spot. Once you two got out of the car, Key started talking again.

“Wait, so he just kissed you and it meant nothing to you?!”

Your face turned pink, but you instantly started having thoughts of Jonghyun making your eyes water a little.

“Well…I just got out of a relationship, how am I suppose to know how to feel?”

Key groaned and just shook his head. He linked arms with you and headed to the mall entrance.

“Fine fine, let’s just drop this for now and go look around the mall!”

You smiled at Key, he might sometimes be weird, but you loved him as a friend. He was the only one who would listen to what you had to say.

Jonghyun's POV

I stood up off the gymnasium floor as Min Young came running towards me. She tried to talk to me, but my mind was so flustered, I didn’t care, nor could I hear her. I walked out of the gym frustrated and angry. The image of ___________ and Minho kissing was inprinted in my head. I punched a locker making it bent and continued to walk. I didn’t know where I was walking to, but I just wanted to take a walk.

I ended up at a café, where me and ____________ usually went to, to get some coffee every now and then. I entered the café, and ordered myself a cappuccino and sat down at our table. I look outside as I start thinking about her. My mind was so hazed at the moment, but now i understand what she meant. I never explained to her why Min Young was always texting me. When Min Young appeared during our dates, I did end up paying more attention to her. I rub my face with my palm and finish my cappuccino.

Outside, I texted Onew to come and pick me up at the café near the school. I stand there as I suddenly noticed the couples around the area. They all reminded me of her. I sighed as Onew’s car arrived and I entered the car. Onew smiled at me when I entered and I smiled back, but once we started driving, his face became serious.

“That was really messed up what you did to Minho back there.”

I looked at Onew as he said those words. I couldn’t believe what he said and I started to become hot tempered.

“Hey! He’s the one who kissed my girl!”

“It doesn’t make you any better since you were paying more attention to Min Young than her. You were basically cheating on her when she did nothing.”

Those words stabbed me as I turned my head facing the window. Onew sighs as he places a hand on my shoulder.

“Look, I know you love __________-ah, but you really ed up. I don’t know what to say or tell you to do to fix it. But if you really want to, then do something than nothing okay?”

I nodded as I kept staring out through the car window. At that point, I was crying again as I remembered the pain I felt from what happened, and the pain from seeing her hurt expression. What made me feel even worse was that the hurt look on her face was caused by me.

Onew dropped me off at the front of my house. I got out of the car and started to walk away until Onew called me. I look over my shoulder at him with a questioning face. Onew smiles as he throws box at me. I gave him a weird look as I opened the box to see couple rings.

“That was originally my present for you guys after the play, but I feel like it’ll be best if you gave it personally to her once you fix things up.”

After that, Onew was already down the road. I looked at the rings again as I noticed they were even engraved with an infinity sign. I smile as you close the box, becoming determined to work hard to get ___________ back.