Juliette

Juliette

 

Running down the hall, Jonghyun ran to the auditorium doors to see the cast list. When he got there, he scanned with his finger for his name, and there it was.

“Romeo – Kim Jonghyun”

“YESSSS!!!” Jonghyun said as he started doing a happy dance to himself, he got the part he wanted. He suddenly saw you running into the wall. He stared at you weirdly since he had no idea who you were.

You pick yourself back up and scan the casting list. You saw you’ve been casted as Juliette and squealed. You smiled brightly, until you head a laugh next to you. You froze and look to your left to see your crush since freshmen year.

“*chuckle* Hey. So, I’m guessing we’re going to be working together for the play? Please take care of me. Juliette.” He winks at you after patting your shoulder and walks away.

You stare with your mouth open in shock, face turning red. You collapsed onto the floor and grabbed the shoulder he touched. You remembered he has done the same thing on the first day of school.

*Flashback*

You were standing outside of the classroom, very nervous. You were new, and didn’t know anything about this high school. You felt like running away, feeling petrified.

Suddenly a hand grabbed your shoulder and dragged you in with them into the classroom.

“Teacher! We seem to have a new student!”

A man, who wasn’t very tall, but very handsome says as he stood very close next to you. He noticed you staring, and smiled at you.

“Hey! Don’t be shy! We’re all nice people. So I think you can fit in well here.”

He patted your shoulder, you blushed at this action.

It was the start of your first high school love.

*End Flashback*

As the bell rang for school ending, you entered the drama classroom for the first play meeting. You sit down in one of the seats as more and more of the staff and actors arrive. You didn’t pay any attention to anybody until Jonghyun walked into the room.

He walked in with 3 other boys who were acting in the play too. They were all smiling and laughing and having fun conversation, but you only noticed him. He noticed you staring at him from the corner of his eye so he looks over at you.

Quickly, you turn your head away, but Jonghyun was already sitting next to you and smiling at you.

“Hey Juliette!”

You looked at him, he smiled at you, then the teacher in charge of the play, and the music teacher came in.

“Annyeonghaseyo! You all look lively today for this play!”

“Nae!”

“Alright! That’s good! Enthusiasm is what’s going to make this play great! Alright! Out play is going to be showing in 3 months! This play is called “Romeo and Juliette.” I know the spelling of Juliette is wrong, but this is because this is a more modern style of the original. It has been rewritten by me and a few other English teachers in the school. It still has the same plot, but has more modern language and feel. Romeo comes from the famous rock star world, while Juliette is from the rich world, where everything is very fancy and high class! So we have to work hard! This month, we’re going to accomplish finishing set build. Here’s the schedule for who comes to set builds on which days! Of course we’ll be there to help too, so be sure to come, or we’ll kick you off the squad!! Set building starts tomorrow!! FIGHTING!!”

The teachers left the room to let the students talk with each other in their separate groups. You took one of the schedule sheets and highlighted where your name will be. Suddenly a head rested on your shoulder.

“Hey Juliette! Let me take one of those schedules!~” He grabs a schedule from your hands and starts to walk away. You felt like this was a chance to start getting closer to him, so you suddenly say,

“My name isn’t Juliette! It’s _________…”

He stops walking and looks over his shoulder at you.

“I know that. We were in a class together freshman year. But Juliette matches you.”

He smiles and heads over to his friends. You stand there, putting the paper over your now glowing red face. You think to yourself, “Is this the start of my first love all over again..?”