Juliette

Juliette

 

*Tomorrow After School*

You entered the drama classroom filled with the people who were suppose to come for set build and the techies to help with sounds and microphones. You sit in the same spot, and not notice anything else around you. Jonghyun suddenly sits next to you.

“Hey ____________!” He said smiling at you. You looked at him with a confused look.

“Why aren’t you calling me Juliette?”

“I thought you didn’t like it…? Well if you actually don’t mind, then I’ll switch around with it okay?” He smiled at pat your shoulder again.

You smiled at him then faced the front as the teachers walked in.

“Hello! I’m glad everyone could come today! Alright, so today, we’re going to have some people help with building the background…”

The teacher went on with the building plans. You, Jonghyun, and his four other friends were in charge of helping building the ball room background set, where in the script, Juliette and Romeo first see each other at a masquerade ball, and fall in love at first sight. The art teacher handed you a script with a diagram of how big the picture should be and what things they need to make.

Everyone started building immediately, but you and your group needed to go shopping for some plates, napkins, streamers, and whatever else was on the list. Onew had his license so he was in charge of driving. Once you guys got there, you all dispersed to get certain things. While you were looking for some napkins, you bumped into Jonghyun.

“Oh ___________. You know, napkins are in the same section as plates. So why don’t we go together?”

He smiled at you and took your hand and started walking with you following behind. You pull your hat down a little while looking down to cover your red face. Suddenly Jonghyun stops, which made you, bump into his back. You look up at him.

“What is it?”

“Found the plates and napkins!~”

He smiles at you while handing you the napkins. You smile but is a little sad that you and Jonghyun weren’t holding hands anymore. The others appeared with their stuff and we all bought our things and left the grocery store. When we came back, the teacher took the stuff, and we started to paint our background set.

Time passed, and the teacher whistled to catch everyone’s attention.

“Okay! Time to wrap things up! Let’s clean up the paint, and put away the tools. We can leave all the paper and wood laying around. Remember to practice your lines at home! Even though we’re doing build set, it is no excuse to not look over your lines!”

Everyone started cleaning up. You had a few hammers in your hand and was heading over to the tool boxes.

“Hey! Let me help you with that!”

You looked over and saw Minho running towards you. He grabbed most of the wrenches.

“You don’t have to take that many! I don’t want to be a burden!”

“It’s okay. You aren’t a burden. Besides, you’re still a girl.”

He smiled at you and you smiled back at him. While you and Minho had conversation, Jonghyun was watching you both talking. You noticed him looking with not his normal happy expression but an angry look.

“Hmm? What’s wrong? Why is he looking at us like that?”

You then look at Minho who was giving the same look to Jonghyun. You were confused about the situation. Suddenly Minho’s phone rang. He picked up the phone and read the text, then turned to you and smiled.

“Well, I have to go. Finish cleaning and get home early okay?”

“Okay Minho.”

You both smiled at each other. Then he got up to leave. Jonghyun then finished putting away the things he had in his hands and got up to walk towards you. As he and Minho passed by Minho said something in Jonghyun’s ear.

“I’m not letting you have her.”

He looked over his shoulder at Minho walking away then scoffed. You had no idea what happened, but Jonghyun just look backed at you with a smile and sat next to you sorting out the nails.

“What did you and Minho talk about?”

“Nothing. Just school and the sort.”

He starts helping you sort through the nails and separating them.

“Hey, since we both have to work together more, maybe some time when both of us don’t have set build, we can both work together after school on our lines. I can give you my number and you can text me what days are free. Maybe some days on the weekends we can go practice at the park?”

You look at him with a bizarre face. Slowly turning pink from what he asked you.

“U-uh…Y-y-yeah! Sure!”

He smiled really brightly at you and took out his phone.

“Great! Let’s exchange numbers now!”

As you two exchanged numbers, you both ended up having a good conversation. Soon, it was time to leave and Jonghyun walked you to the bus stop. When the bus arrived, you looked at him and smiled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow after school?”

“Yeah. Tomorrow!”

You smiled and walked towards the bus. When you took one step on, Jonghyun suddenly grabbed your wrist, making you look back at him.

“W-What is it?”

“…Nothing. Goodnight ____________.”

He smiled and let go of your hand. You stood there for two seconds then walked into the bus and took a seat. You and Jonghyun still keeping eye contact through the window of the bus. When the bus started moving, Jonghyun still kept a watch of you, until you were out of sight.