Juliette

Juliette

 

At the end of the day, you were about to enter the auditorium until someone opened it, and smashed the door into your face. You fell backwards with your nose bleeding.

“OH MY GOD! __________! ARE YOU OKAY?!”

Minho was the one who slammed the door into your face. You shake your head yes and blood started to drip off your hand from your nose. Minho was about to pick you up to bring you to the nurse until you both heard,

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!”

You looked up to see Jonghyun. He stared at you and the puddle of blood on the floor. He glared at Minho and grabbed him by the collar,

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!”

“I-I didn’t mean it! I didn’t know she was there at the door!”

“WELL NEXT TIME LOOK!”

He pushed Minho down on the ground and then bridal style picked you up and started to walk away with you covering your nose. Minho baffled at this situation suddenly yelled.

“Don’t act so protective over just any girl you want okay!”

He turned around and glared at him.

“She’s my girlfriend! I can be as protective as I want with her!”

That statement made you and Minho shocked. Jonghyun easily announced you and him as a couple as he turned around and started walking again. Minho just stood there in shock, but when he noticed you guys were getting farther, he started to follow you two to the nurses office.

As the nurse was treating your nose carefully and examining for any fractures. She cleans off the blood gently and smiles at you.

“Your nose will be fine. The crash just seemed to have made blood rush up your nose. You just need to rest for a while. Your boyfriend is such a lovely man to bring you here himself.”

You blush and look down to the ground while holding your tissue on your nose. Jonghyun blushes a little too and smiles at you.

“Okay ___________. I’ll tell the director what happened today and let him know you’ll still be okay for the play. Get better soon.”

He kisses your forehead and starts to walk out of the nurse’s office.

She smiles at you and says,

“Good catch!~”

You blush at her comment and nod. You lie down to rest your head, since the crash also gave you an intense headache.

Jonghyun leaves the office and sees Minho leaning against the wall across the hallway. They both glare at each other.

“You know, I don’t like being mean to my friends. But I want you to stay away from my girl.”

Minho scoffed at what Jonghyun said.

“Stay away? You knew I’ve liked her since last year. Why would you suddenly take her when you knew how I feel?”

“Look. I’m sorry for what I did. But, I stepped up. You just kept casually talking, not taking the game. I got tired of watching you, so I thought I can make my move. And I did. She’s my girl now. And I want to make her happy. I know you two are basically best friends, but just…don’t become too close to her. I really like her…”

Minho glared at Jonghyun for a good five minutes then sighed.

“Okay fine…but if you hurt her or even make her cry once. I will take her away from you.”

Jonghyun chuckles at his comment.

“Don’t worry. I won’t”

He starts walking away. Minho watches him as he walks away and sighs. He walks over and opens the nurse’s office door. The nurse turns over and looks at him.

“Something wrong Minho?”

“Aniyo. Is ___________ sleeping?”

“Maybe, she’s laying down over in the resting room. Were you the one who slammed a door in her face?”

Minho looked down in regret.

“Yeah…I want to go and see how she is and apologize.”

“Alright, you can go in. Just be quiet, in case she is sleeping. And be careful next time you open a door!”

He sighs at the teachers comment and walks into the room. He takes a few steps into the room and sees you laying there asleep. He takes a chair and sits it next to your bed and watches you as you sleep. You looked very peaceful and calm.

Minho stared at you for 3 minutes, his heart beating faster as he watched you. Quietly, unconsciously thinking, he started to lean in closer to your face. His lips only a few centimeters away from each other, until his cell phone rang making him jump up and raise his arms in the air.

He grabs his phone out of his pocket and looks at the text.

-From: Onew Hyung!!

Yah!! Where are you?! We need you to help us set build!! Get your over here before we come and hunt you down!!!-

He sighs as he texts his hyung back,

-I’ll be there in a few.-

He shoves his phone in his pocket and places the chair back into its original place. He looks at your sleeping face again, and brushes a piece of hair off your face. This made you wake up a little but you didn’t move or open your eyes.

Minho sighs and bends down in a crouching position next to your bed. You wondered why Minho sounded frustrated next to you. He brushes his hand gently against your face and says quietly.

“I love you, __________…”

He stands up and walks out of the room to go head to build set. You listen to his footsteps, the door opens then closes. You quickly sat up and grab your face with your hands. Your face starts to turn pink.

“D-d-did Minho just s-say he LOVES ME?!”

You grab your stuff from next to you and stand up. You seem to be okay now. No headache, or bloody nose. You quickly walk out of the nurse’s office.

“I’m feeling fine now! I’ll be leaving! Thank you for taking care of me!”

“Goodbye!”

You quickly walk over to the set build. Before you opened the door, you took a deep breath, and went in. Everyone suddenly looked up and ran towards you.

“ARE YOU OKAY ____________?!”

“U-uh…”

You were shocked from everyone suddenly surrounding you than you didn’t know how to reply now. Jonghyun suddenly pulls you backwards giving you a back hug.

“She’s fine guys. I took her to the nurse’s office earlier. She only had to rest a little.”

“Thank goodness!”

The director walked up to you, you bowed at him and he waved his hand.

“I’m glad you’re okay, but don’t get injured anytime now, okay? You’re the main star! Now, you can work on set build, but take a break if you need it. I already scolded Minho for his action.”

You nodded then looked over at Minho. He was using the power drill to screw some parts together to make a staircase. He notices you looking at him and waves and smiles. He seemed like himself, which confused you because you swore he just said he loved you.

Maybe it was a dream…? But it felt so real… I’m so confused…”

You just brush it off for now. Jonghyun holds your hand and you look at him, seeing he has a worried look on his face.

“Gwaenchana ___________?”

You smiled and squeezed his hand.

“Nae. I was just thinking to myself.”

“Well, okay, but I’m not happy over your little nose right now!”

You gave him a weird look.

“Why? Is it weird?!”

“Yes! It’s all red and bruised! My poor baby!”

He lightly kisses your nose. You blush and he takes you over to Key and Taemin who were painting some things that will be used later for the set. There was also a girl with very long hair in the group. Jonghyun shows everyone that you were okay. The girl looks at you, she had a small face and big eyes. She was gorgeous. Jonghyun notices the both of you looking at each other.

“Oh! _____________. You never met her right? This is Jung Minyoung. She is in the same grade as Onew. She is our seonbae, and well, my noona. Minyoung-ah. This is my lovely girlfriend, ___________.”

She stood up. She was shorter than you, and you were close to Jonghyun’s height. She smiles and takes her hand out.

“It’s nice to meet you. Let’s work hard okay? And you can call me noona too.”

You were taken back from her beauty, but still shook her hand. After the handshake, she turned and faced Jonghyun.

“Jonghyun-ah~ A group of people asked for me and you over there where they needed some help with planning the intro where you will be on stage!”

“Oh jinjja? Let’s go over there then.”

Jonghyun and her start walking over to the other side of the auditorium. Suddenly, you notice Minyoung’s arm going around Jonghyun’s. You stood there a little shock that she was bold enough to do that to your boyfriend. She turned and looked at you with a cynical smile. You stared at them both as Jonghyun and her conversated while walking. They looked very good together. This made you very upset. Key and Taemin noticed this too and looked at each other kind of worried. Taemin then said,

“Hey, ____________ Are you okay…?”

You stood there for a few seconds, then turned around and smiled at your hubaes.

“Nae, I’ll be fine. Jonghyun isn’t unfaithful. I trust him.”

You grab some paint and started to paint with them. They still looked at each other worried. Key reassured you,

“You know, you can always talk to us if you have issues. Okay?”

“Nae!”

Key and Taemin look at each other and sigh. Then they get back to work.

Minho, who watched that whole thing, was looking at you, then he looked back at Jonghyun. He glared at his back then went back to work.