~3~

The Kiss of Blood

With every further sip of blood, Kyuhyun could feel how the man under him was getting weaker and weaker. Even if his blood wasn't as good as of the boy high up on the tree would be, Kyuhyun was hungry enough to ignore the bad taste.

Kyuhyun could feel how the human heart started to beat uneven, how the man's breathing became choppy. He knew that he was close to the point were he would drink to much and kill the man, and actually Kyuhyun wouldn't care about, but again, something told him to stop.

He sighed satisfiedm when he finally withdrew himself away from the neck of the other and let the fainted body drop to the leaf-strewn ground, whiped away a fine string of blood from the corner of his mouth.

"You taste disgusting!", Kyuhyun grumbled, smirked. "Now you know why you humans should not come into this forest by night... You should be glad that I had not kill you like... the others..."

The vampire sighed and closed his eyes, took a deep breath and was curious, if he could smell some other individuas, but no. The only one, he could smell and feel, was the still trembling and crying boy above him.

Curious, he looked up and met a pair of scared eyes, which were looking at him. Kyuhyun sighed again and turned around. At first, he wanted to shout at him, but that would mean that probably the other creatures in the forest would hear him.

 

Sungmin gasped in shock when the man, no the vampire, looked up at him and met his eyes. Even if he was scared like never before in his life, he could not help to be thankful that the other had saved him.

"Did your parents not told you to avoid the forest at night?", there was suddenly a voice right next to Sungmin and the latter almost fall down the tree, when he looked at where the voice came from and the vampire was sitting near him on the same branch.

"Be careful!", the young man said and grabbed Sungmin's arm, pulled him back at the branch. "You have choose a pretty high tree to climb on..."

Sungmin looked at him with wide and anxious eyes, could not believe that a vampire was speaking with him.

"Do- you kill me?", Sungmin asked with a small voice and skidded backwards.

Kyuhyun tilted his head to the side and eyed the young human. "Actually... yes.", he answered honestly, but then shook his head. "But... to be honest... I will not kill you! I do not know why, but there is something that tells me not to do it."

"W-why?", Sungmin pulled his legs up to his chest, wrapped his arms around them. "I- I heard the older men in our village speaking about the forest and that there... here are some creatures which have fun by... by killing us humans."

"Yeah...", Kyuhyun sat down and crossed his legs. "That is why those rules were created. As long as I can think, there were these rules which prohibit you to step into here at night. And because of them, I am really curious why you are here!"

Sungmin fell silent und looked sadly down at his knees. "I... my father..."

"Was he the one who did this to you?", Kyuhyun pointed at the boy's arms, could see the sadness and hurt in the others eyes.

"He... was cruel to my mother and hit her... I- tried to rescue her and so pushed her away and... I know that my father loves us, but he was drunken and could not controll himself.", Sungmin whispered und leaned his head back at the trunk of the tree, some single tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"So he hit you? Was he the one who choked you?", Kyuhyun asked unnecessarily and could see some fresh strangulation marks at the others neck, could smell the blood under his pale skin.

"Yeah...", Sungmin said with a small voice and nodded, wrapped his arms around his upper body and shivered. "So I would be glad if you kill me fast..."

"I have said it before, I do not want to kill you.", Kyuhyun sighed. "At least not now..."

Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun and the latter had never seen so much hurt, sadness and loneliness in human eyes. "Why not?"

The vampire shrugged. "I do not know. Maybe because... your father's blood was enough to satisfy my hunger. But to be honest, your blood smells really interesting and I can not wait to taste it, but not now."

"I... I thought vampires never let go their prey and... do you always speak with the humans whose blood you will drink?", Sungmin asked carefully, thought that as long as he could speak with the other male he would not change his mind and kill him.

Kyuhyun paused for a moment. "Normally not. You are the first one."

An awkward silent arose between them and while Sungmin was looking up into the night sky, Kyuhyun was looking at him and tried to figure out why he had not really the urge to drink this human's blood.

"How is your name?", Kyuhyun then asked suddenly out of the blue and skidded a little bit closer while Sungmin looked questioningly at him.

"S- Sungmin.", the black haired looked back at him, tried to calm his wildy beating heart and to not show to much fear, but failed miserably.

"Hey, calm down!", Kyuhyun laughed and shook his head. "Again, I will not kill you and here." He took off his jacket and put it gingerly over Sungmin's shivering form. "I am Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun."

"Th-thank you...", Sungmin mumbled into the collar of the jacket and could feel how it began to warm him. "But- but now you will be freezing."

"No, I can not really feel the cold. And... you are worried about a monster?", Kyuhyun chuckled. This human was quite different from all the people he had ever met.

"Right now you are not a monster... okay, you are, but you do not act like one.", Sungmin said and turned back at the dark blue sky, could feel how his eyelids became heavier and heavier. He yawned and leaned his head back against the trunk, could not help but had to admit that he felt safe and, thanks to the vampire's jacket, froze no longer.

Only just a moment, Sungmin thought when he closed his eyes, sighed, and moments later he was fast asleep.

Kyuhyun, however, could not stop staring at Sungmin. Even if he was not the first human he had met in his life, Sungmin was the first human who was more worried about a monster like him than himself.

Hours passed by and while Sungmin was still sleeping, Kyuhyun just sat there and was looking at him. It was an enigma for him how someone could be that cruel and how a father could hit and choke his own son.

"Kyuhyun-aaaah~", there was suddenly a familiar voice close to the tree he and Sungmin were sitting on. "Come on and hurry up! We have to go back! The day is coming!"

Annoyed, Kyuhyun looked up into the sky and realized that the darkness of the night, already stained by the rising sun. "Damn...", he grumbled and looked at Sungmin. He sighed. Why the hell did he care about him, a human, that much?!

"Hey... Sungmin.", he shook him gently at the shoulder. "Come on, you have to wake up!"

"Why...?", Sungmin yawned and rubbed his eyes, sleepy. But right in the moment he saw how close Kyuhyun was, he was fully awake. "What do you want?"

"The day is coming and you should go back to your village, before the hunters find your father.", Kyuyhun said in haste and without a further thought he lifted Sungmin on his arms and stood up.

"Are you insane!?", Sungmin clung to Kyuhyun, when he looked down and saw how high on the tree the were. "Please say that you do not want to jump." With an imploring gaze he looked up into the vampire's face, but got only a nod in response. "You are insane. Totally insane!"

Sungmin stopped breathing right in the moment when he felt that Kyuhyun jumped off of the branch. He pressed his eyes shut and gasped when Kyuhyun hit the ground.

"We are down.", Kyuhyun said and smiled apologetic once Sungmin cracked an eye open and looked around carefully. "You are still alive!" he laughed and let Sungmin go. "Hurry up! From the moment the first sun rays the hunters will be here and your father is still fainted, so it will be awkward to tell them why you are alive and he..."

"Can I not just tell them what had happend?", Sungmin asked innocently, looked at his fathers body. "I mean... it would be only the truth."

"You can, but I am pretty sure that they will not believe you.", Kyuhyun sighed, rans his fingers through his hair. "The rules say that nobody should go into the forest at night, because everybody know that nobody go in here and survived."

Sungmin sighed. "Okay... then... thank you that you had not killed me and... goodbye.", Sungmin had only blinked for a moment and when he opened his eyes again, Kyuhyun was gone.

"Hurry up! He was the whole night in this damn forest!", Sungmin could hear the shouts of some men from his village. Kyuhyun was right when he said that no one would believe him if he would tell them that he survived a whole night in the forest because of a vampire which saved him and had... smalltalk with him.

So he his heels and ran to the side from where he knew that there was a small river, and a hidden way back to his home.

 

"Mum, I am-" but Sungmin was cut mid-sentence when his mother suddenly slapped him across the face.

He bit down his lip and touched his cheek slightly. It was burning and it hurted a lot.

"Where were you!?", his mother cried out loudly and threw her arms up into the air. "Your father was attacked in the forest and it is your fault! You damn brat!" A second slap.

"But... Mum! He- he hit you! I just tried- tried to protect you!", Sungmin tried his best not to cry. "I thought that he was going to kill us!"

"I have made a mistake and it was only natural that he was angry!", Sungmin's mother shouted at him, grabbed Sungmin's hand and dragged him to their bedroom, where his father was lying in bed, still fainted and pale due to the large blood loss.

"Look at him! It is all your fault! You ran into the forest and he followed you and- and was attacked by a ing vampire!", the woman cried and moved to the side of his father, dabbed his forehead lovingly.

Sungmin stood there, dumbfounded, and just stared at his mother. "How... how can you be like this?", he asked quietly. "He... He is a monster!"

"HOW DARE YOU TO SPEAK THUS OF YOUR FATHER?!", his mother shouted angrily and glared at him. "YOU DAMN BRAT! Who will look after us now?!"

Sungmin tried to swallow the lump in his throat. "Mum, I-", but he was interrupted again, when mother suddenly stopped infront of him, slapped him again. "You ungreatful brat! Guard your tongue!"

Sungmin gritted his teeth, started trembling. "I am sorry...", he whispered and bowed. "Can... can I help you?"

"Just go!", his mother said angrily. "Go out and do not dare to come back until it is evening!"

"Yes!", with this, Sungmin left the house and walked down to the river, dropped down in the grass at the shore and under the boughs of a cherry tree. He leaned back at the tree and closed his eyes, sighing.

Even if it was supposed to be a warm and sunny day, Sungmin felt so lonely like never before. Quietly sobbing and crying, he pulled up his legs and snuggled himself into Kyuhyun's jacket which he still wore.