The Grass Isn't Always Going to Be Greener

Love Story In The Making

"How is it?" Chanyeol asked you as he shoved a gummy worm in his mouth. Your lips puckered out tightly and your mouth started to water weirdly as your hands started to swat around in the air. He couldn't stop laughing at the fact that you looked like a crazy monkey. You reached for your drink bottle to wash down the horrible taste.

"That was terrible!" You squealed as you cringed, feeling your mouth water a bit more. Chanyeol clapped like a mentally unstable seal as he laughed even more, his nose scruntching up.

"It's my favourite candy." He simple said and smiled.

"You sir, are a nut." You scornfully joked as you lied down on the bed of green.

"You know what?" Chanyeol said as he crossed his legs and looked up at the sky, smiling from ear to ear.

"What?" 

"That cloud looks like a rabbit." He was just like a child and you really couldn't help but giggle at the simplicity of his words.

"They all look like splotches." You scoffed. Chanyeol got up on his feet and ran for his shoulder bag. As he did that, you rolled around to see what he was doing. He took out his handycam, it was always in an electric blue case and that was exactly what you saw. "No!" You instantly got up to your feet and ran away from him, your words vibrating at the motion ride your voice box was going on. He ran after you soon after, camera in hand and laughing wildly. Chanyeol ran towards you hiding behind a tree and popped his head out with his camera from one end as you did from the other. This cycle went on for about three times before you eventually tried to make a run for it. Losing breath, you huntched over and held out a hand to stop him. But Chanyeol doesn't listen to any 'stop' and so he jumped at you. You quickly dashed to the side and caused him to fall on the ground, laughing uncontrollably. Your mouth opened wide and speechless before you covered it slightly with your hand. Taking advantage, Chanyeol grabbed onto your ankles, causing you to fall to the ground.

"Stop!" You wined and covered your face with your hands.

"No way, this is funny." He responded and you felt yourself turn over and the way that the light shone through your eyelids you knew you were facing upwards. You suddenly felt a weight on the lower part of your body and the light turned into darknessonce again. Hearing the sound of Chanyeol flipping his display screen on his webcam and placing it no where near your face, you opened your eyes only to find a pair of giant spectacles and a Cheshire grin to compliment it. You took note of his features - the way his gumline showed when he smiled and how his ears stuck out. His soft eyes showed as his excited ones faded away. You took in and admired them, pointing them out one by one. Chanyeol began to lean down and your eyes unconsciously fluttered shut. You felt a warm breath on your face and that's when you reazlied what you were doing.

Before it got any further you clamped your lips together and turned your head over to the side. You felt a soft touch to your cheek but you just kept away. The concant broke and you opened your eyes, only to find him look down at his chest and swallowing hard. He got up off of you and to his feet, exposing you to the sunlight again. You got up as well and brushed off the green plants as you felt your back pocket vibrate and so you reached for it, finger automatically on the middle button to read a text message. A smile curled upon your face as you read the last line of the message you recieved; "Please come back.".

"You still love him don't you." You looked up at him and your smile faded away in an instant. Chanyeol stepped a foot back from you and gave a tight smile which never quite reached his eyes like it always does. Before you could say anything he continued, "I guess I'll see you on Monday or something.". He began to walk back to the where you both were before you were messing around.

"Chanyeol, I..." Trying to stop him, he shrugged your hand off.

"See you."

Why was he suddenly acting like this?