Jokes

Love Story In The Making

The next day at lunch you sat with the usual guys and girls. It was fun sitting with them, joking around.

"Hey look, it's that dork, Park Chanyeol." Kris laughed out as he pointed to the table with Chanyeol and his two other friends, sitting and lonely. Guess Chanyeol heard, he looked around to where the voice was coming from. He looked at you. You tried not to make eye contact with him whatsoever and began to play with your food with your fork.

"Yeah, I swear him and Baekhyun are the worst!" One girl joked aloud and everyone agreeingly nodded. You looked over to Chanyeol and you could see him look down at his food, obviously trying to ignore the indirect insults thrown out.

"You should really stay away from him, babe." Kris said to you and Chanyeol totally heard that.

"Yeah..." You said back to him softly, dragging it out as you looked up a bit at your project partner. He furrowed his eyebrows and stood up from his seat before leaving out the cafeteria door, Kris and his friends started to laugh and you couldn't help but feel somewhat bad at the guy you did the same thing to a week ago. "Guys, I'll be going to the bathroom, okay." You announced as you wiped your mouth with a napkin and headed off outside the doors. But you weren't going to the girls' room. Something told you in your mind to make sure that Chanyeol was going to be okay. You ran up the stairs and to the third floor despite the burn you had afterwards.

"Chanyeol!" You leaned against the door, your face pressed onto the wood as you were trying to turn the knob. You've never really done something like this and it felt a bit awkward. "Park Chanyeol, open this door, I know you're in there." You wanted to give up but didn't, you felt bad. More bad than you should've felt like you would feel in this situation.

"Do you want to make fun of me again?" Chanyeol questioned, shouting out. You could hear the tremble in his voice.

"Just open the fuc-. Just. Open. The. Door." You spoke out to him, a bit annoyed but you didn't want to show it. The clutch made a noise and the door opened, but Chanyeol stood at the doorway, blocking you from entering.

"Why do you guys say that about me, Sunkyu?" Chanyeol asked you softly and you felt guilt rising up in your stomach. Making fun of Chanyeol never really felt like a big deal, especially if you were with guys who practically run this place. You didn't care.

"It was just a joke, Chanyeol." You tried to explain to him. Even though you felt bad you didn't want to show much of your guilt to him.

"It's bullying," Chanyeol blankly said and you fell speechless, you've never really thought about it like this. ", and it's done to me every single day and always with you people." He continued and sniffled before walking off into the room and sitting down on one of the desks.

"I never really thought about it." You said as you went inside and lowered your head down.

"Of course you haven't." He stated with emphasis. He was right, you haven't.

"I'm..." You started out your sentence but the words just didn't come out.

"You're?" Chanyeol leaned his head forward and cupped his ear at you. You choked at your words and you couldn't continue. "See, this is what I mean. I'm going to ask Mr. Choi if I could work on my own..." Chanyeol started to pack away his laptop. "I actually wanted to help you." You could hear him faintly say as he went out of the classroom, leaving you.