"So much for ‘Key day Sunday’ huh"

"Tell Me Where it Hurts..."

 

“Key I-I… I got myself a freaking job!!!” You beamed, hesitant at first for my reaction but your excitement proving to have the better of you as you so excitedly picked me up from the waist and twirled me around as you jump around in elation.

Yep, you thought he was going to do what I’ve been dreaming he would do for the past 4 years, but that’s Kim ing Jonghyun, for you.

Well, okay maybe I over analysed what he said; he had something to tell me; check. What he did tell me was important and heck it was definitely something that shocked me, like come one, Jjong is perfect in my eyes, but there are times where he makes me doubt my own opinions, first of all the dumb bastard is straight and he certainly isn’t someone to be excited about getting a job, so this job I’m guessing is something to do with-

“Singing Key, I’m going to be singing and I get paid on top of it, isn’t that so amazing” You exclaimed once more. You certainly are happy about this; the puppy smile that’s plastered so nicely onto your face makes my heart beat a little faster than normal, makes me even forget such a simple thing like breathing once in a while.

Maybe my happiness can come later; I’ve been waiting for four years; later doesn’t sound as bad when I see you so happy about your latest achievement and I must say, I’m proud; well done Jjongie!

“Heyy, Key aren’t you happy? Why aren’t you happy?” You said pouting, finally halting at one spot while I was still held captive in your strong embrace. Gosh, why can’t you just be mine? Why can’t it be just me?

“Well, I don’t know let me see… maybe it’s the small fact that my freaking feet aren’t touching the ground, where it’s supposed to be” I said, sarcasm dripping off every single syllable.

“Jjong, put me down already” I said while struggling to escape the Hulk like strength, you surprisingly have for such a small person- ‘height isn’t everything, you know’ I always find myself breaking into a smile whenever you say that, I know it isn’t everything and sometimes as weird as it sounds I’m kind of happy to know you're insecure about something; makes me think that maybe you’re not that unreachable because just like me and any other walking being in this planet, you’re not perfect.

You slowly ease me down; finally feeling the ground and after a huge sigh of relief (I’ve always had that irrational fear of heights), I sent you one of my notorious glare the ones that feel as if I’m mentally slashing your throat with the use of nothing but my bare hands.

I love the way my actions can have such huge impacts on you; shivering ever so slightly as if a drop of coldwater was making its way down your back.

“I’m sorry Key, forgive me, I-I… was just so happy and… and-” You mumble, loud enough while scratching the back of your neck.

Pabo.

“I know, I know, its okay but next time let’s celebrate without me having to be lifted up to the air okay, even if it wasn’t really that high” I comforted you, while small giggles left my mouth after my last remark.

“Heyy, Kim Kibum didn’t I tell you that HEIGHT isn’t everything?” You exclaimed feigning offended by my obvious insult.

“Yes, yes you did and by my… speedy calculations this should be the… three hundredth and fifty-fourth time.” I joked gaining your infamous lopsided grin, face angled in the most perfect of ways making it utterly impossible for me not to melt in a puddle of goo. Damn, I must sound freaking lame, right now.

Before my brain could even react, it’s always as if my body has a mind of its own, as I find myself leaning into you, lurching both my arms around your neck, pulling you in and abrupt embrace.

The suddenness of my actions obviously, sent you into a small brain malfunction as you stiffen within my hold. I couldn’t blame you, it wasn’t like me to be so intimate, and hell it’s not even like me to initiate such bold movements. Heck, even I surprise myself sometimes; I don’t know how to explain it but, there’s just that strong unbreakable urge that pushes me towards you, that makes me want to do the unthinkable, sometimes it frightens me; I find myself wondering ‘how about when there’s a time where, the urge is so strong that even I couldn’t control it and then suddenly… BAM!!! I suddenly ruin my own friendship because I’ve done something stupid like, kiss you.’

But, I’m strong enough; I won’t be weak against that urge, especially not when you and our friendship is at stake.

“Umm…I’m so happy for you puppysaurus and I’m really proud of you too you know, It’s your first job and you certainly look ecstatic about it so I’m really happy” I mumbled sincerely before inhaling the strong alluring scent that you carry.

That smile that was plastered onto my faces became wider, as I felt you return the embrace; circling your strong arms around me.

You don’t know how happy that made me Kibum…” You said quietly, pulling me closer to your embrace. “… so happy” The last bit of your sentence come out as nothing but a small whisper but somehow my feline like hearing has heard it loud and clear. ‘I’m glad you’re happy’ I thought.

As I pulled out from the tight and warm embrace, a sudden moist and plump pair of red cherry lips found its way at the top of my forehead implanting a small and heist kiss.

“What was that for?” I asked genuinely curious.

“I was happy” You replied nonchalantly.

“That’s it?” I questioned.

 And, “Yep” was all I got in return.

Our species, are so confusing, like seriously ‘what the actual ’. You… you don’t just go around kissing your best guy friend in the forehead just… just because you’re happy. No, I shall not over think this, this is why I cry at night because I over think a naïve and ever so dense guy’s actions. Just stop, enough is enough, but…but maybe even just a little bit, maybe he could possible- No, just stop Key, stop.

“Key, do you want a face massage or something?” You asked.

What, the hell is this puppysaurus on about now.

“Why?”

“Because, you’re making weird faces, its freaking the hell out of me” You replied while pretending to hide behind one of the cushions. Ahh, I guess my inner self battle was also being expressed by my face; dang, that must have been scary.

“Yah” I screamed, before picking up a cushion and lobbing it straight at your vulnerable figure.

“Heyy, ouch, I was just saying, geez” You stated while picking up the cushions that I so gladly lobbed at you before sitting back down again in the sofa.

“I was just thinking” I said calmly, scratching the back of my neck feeling internally embarrassed of how horrendous I probably looked with my face scrunched up and brows knitted together. I plopped myself down next to you after you patted the place with your hands encouraging me to take a sit. You then place your hands at the opposite side of my head and guided me to your shoulder; which I did without much hesitation.

We sat there, in a welcomed silence before you decided that the silenced was too different from what we’re used to and decided to break it.

 “Hey, Key…”

“Yeah”

“I hope you can come to my first gig, at my new job” You said while playing with my long feminine like fingers which contrasted your darker, manlier ones.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world, yeobo” I chuckle at our playful nicknames for each other, although I knew that you know I meant it, what I said about not missing it for the world because you squeezed my hand firmly but gently enough to assure me you knew.

“Of ‘course you won’t, yeobo” You replied playfully with a smirk glued into you sun-kissed face.

I got up from the sofa, stretching myself before fetching myself a drink from the kitchen.

“Hey, Jjong”

“Yeah?” You replied half heartedly

 “What’s up with getting a job, all of the sudden?” I asked, while placing the glass of juice back down to the counter top.

“I just wanted to do something that can help take my mind of certain things, I suppose” You answered with a shrug, making me draw my brows into frown; what certain things could you be possibly trying to block your thoughts from? It certainly wasn’t like you to be so deep in thought in general.

 “What kind of things? Want to talk about it?” I asked, trying to hopefully uncover the truth behind your recent unnatural behaviour; looking into thin air, spacing out; so not you and it makes me wonder, what or who could possibly be the reason behind your strange actions.

“Just… things, nothing important…” You said with a sigh before quickly changing the subject instantly brightening up the awkward silent atmosphere by animatedly talking about your first gig.

“…by the way it’s tomorrow okay at the ‘Zone out’ café near your work place, at 12; my performance, I’m expecting a huge placard with my name in all glittery pink writing being held up by my number one fan, okay”

A huge bright smile appeared in my face almost instantly as the thought of being said to be the ‘Number one fan’, I’ve been and will always be your first and number one fan; I was the first person to be given the honour to be serenaded by you and your soulful voice.

I walked back to the living room with our favourite snack in hand; Pockys.

 “Should I also wear an ‘I love Kim Jonghyun’ t-shirt to go all out with it then” I joked after passing you the sweet treat, receiving a light hearted chuckle.

“Definitely” You finally answered before sending me one of your cute eye smiles that still has yet to fail to make my heart beat faster than normal.

“Key, I’m going to have to go now, I sneaked out of the house just to let you know about the news, my umma’s probably waiting back home to personally give me an earful once I get back” You chuckled before patting my thigh; action sending familiar jolts of electricity through my body.

I chuckled at your child like behaviour; some things will just never change will they?

“Just tell, umma Kim that you were with me. She’ll let you off; she loves me” I said with a smug yet pride filled look on my face; Umma Kim is certainly wasn’t like the normal very close minded and traditional Korean mums, because she travelled a lot I guess her horizons on the world widen with it, because she was actually person to have known my feelings for her son before I even did; she supported me- ‘Please put up with that dinopup of ours, he’ll come round soon, Bummie’ she would always say. I love her more because of the fact that she rooted for me and Jonghyun- ‘Jongkey will become real; the girls that flocks over Jonghyunnie will not stand a chance compare to you, ahh what have I done to give birth to such a handsome yet sickeningly dense son’ I remember her always complaining and all I can do is laugh and nod at the statement. But that one thing that umma Kim said to me that one night I came crying because of you; I can never forget- ‘Bummie, I know it hurts and I know it’s not easy to act as if you’re okay, but hang in there, as Jonghyun’s mother I know him the best even if it seems that I don’t, I do and one thing I do know for sure is, he might not love you yet but Jonghyun will; the way he holds on to you as if you’re as fragile as glass, the way he looks at you with so much care and pride, I know that he will come round, just wait. Wait for him.

And waiting seems like the only thing I could do, but I’ve always stuck with you, just as what your mother has told me to do.

“Can you please don’t shove it in to my face, how my own mother seems to love you more than me and... I’m lovable!” You exclaimed with both hands pointed at your face showing a clear ‘Just look at me’ expression. I small chuckle left my mouth as I watch you and you ever so hilarious expression; I love you so much, some day maybe when I’m strong enough, I’ll hopefully be able to let you know.

“Yes, you’re very lovable but unfortunately umma Kim seem to think I’m more lovable” I teased, patting your back while we made our way to the front door.

“Kibummie, do you hate me that much, you’re pushing me out already” You asked with that cute pout of yours.

“Yes, I do hate you, you ruined my ‘Key day Sunday’ today” I replied with my own very lovable pout.

Before I’ve completely pushed you out of my flat, you turned around surprising me, as you once again enveloped me into a tight goodbye hug.

“Tomorrow, okay don’t forget, I need you there, you don’t know how much I need you there” You said voice muffled as your face was hidden between the crevice of my neck and shoulder. Times like this I feel so powerful, so capable; you clinging on to me, makes it easier for me to breathe knowing that I won’t be easily replaced by one of those girls that would so carelessly throw themselves at you, that even as a best friend I’ll always be number one.

“I’ll be there, okay stop worrying already, I’ll be right at the front cheering my little dinopup on, okay” I reassured him while drawing calming circles at your muscled back before hugging you closer.

“Thanks, Key” You said before letting go off me baffling me once again as you place a small heist kiss on my forehead.

I pretend to be disgusted as I wipe your remnant that was in my forehead. ‘I’m gonna miss you, little forehead kiss, I’m so sorry’ was all I could think while I did the terrible deed.

“Eww, Jjong what’s up with you today, leaving kisses on me” I feigned once again disgusted, this seriously is testing my acting skills like; I can’t do this it’s too hard ‘I can’t pretend to hate something I like or like something I hate’ I’ve always lived my life by this.

“I just felt like it, can’t a best friend kiss his best friend?”He replied with his famous lopsided smile.

‘No, not in my book or everyone else for the matter.’ I thought to myself.

“You’re such a weirdo, you know that” I stated, while waving you off as you walked away.

“I know, but you love this weirdo, so it’s okay” You shouted in response, before showing your famous backward peace sign.

“Yeah, I do love you, so much it hurts” I said in a low and quiet voice.

As I made my way to the sofa, I thought about today; you acted so strangely, leaving kisses, enveloping me into sudden hugs. What could possibly be wrong Jjongie? I know I should be happy with all of this long awaited skinship, but it weren’t like you, sure in our friendship skinship was never really an issue, for us it was okay to have a casual hand on a thigh, or across  the waist but hugs were supper unlikely and kisses are… kisses were totally rare.

Most importantly what could be the reason behind the certain want for a job?

 God, Kim Jonghyun isn’t it enough that I’m so helplessly in love with you, now you want me to die of worrying over what could be possible bothering you, too.

So much for ‘Key day Sunday’ huh, I thought to myself, while a soft sigh escaped my bow shaped lips

After plopping myself back into the sofa, I let my eyelids close as the stress of worrying took a tool on me. But, immediately the thought of seeing you tomorrow, with your lopsided smile and your guitar placed naturally in your lap, a wide smile broke out of my lips.

I can’t wait for tomorrow, someday hopefully you’ll serenade me again as a lover and not as a best friend.

And with the thought nicely engraved in my mind, I drifted off into the land of sleep.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh, finally posted it, and you've got to give it to me i kept my words and have updated today. As you probably won't be aware of, I am now currently enjoying my summer holdidays and therefore it could only mean, one thing for you guys i shall be updating this without a doubt and therefore please give it much love.

I hope chapter 2 made it up for you guys because i certainly dont want to dissapoint you once again.

Subscribers and Comments are loved and welcomed

Chater three should be up by Sunday, so wait for that my lovelys

Thank you again,,

-iloveyou-