PO & a bit of Youngjae

Short Stories from BAPintheBlock

*Who is this guy?*

You threw a glance at the mysterious guy who had been visiting your coffee shop everyday since a few months ago. 

He always ordered cafe latte and would sit at the same corner in the shop for the whole day, staring at you.

Every time you look up from your work, you would always meet his eyes. There is this sadness in his eyes that would always tugged your heart, but you were very sure that you had not seen him before.


*Why is he looking at me like this? It was as if I've known him for years and we were lovers....* You swallowed and avoided his gaze. Your cheeks started to burn as you tried to distract yourself by doing more work.



Meanwhile, PO gently gazed at you with longing eyes. He knew that it would be harder on him to see you every day, but he just could not help it.


He loved you, so much so much that he rather hurt himself than to not see you again. *Do you know how much I regretted? Letting you slip past all these years... I shouldn't have let you go back alone that day.... How would I have known that would be the last time?*


He bit his lips, feeling the pain of his teeth burying into his flesh.


//Flashback//

5 years ago, when PO was busy preparing his college exam, you were accompanying him at home. You leaned on his back and read your favorite novels as he continued his studies.

"Oppa. Do you think we can get married if you graduate? You know, my parents hated our relationship..."


PO turned around and held you in his arms. He rested his head on your shoulder. "No matter what happens, I'll make it to a lawyer firm. This way, your parents will never be able to say that I'm not good enough for you."

You smiled in satisfaction. "I love you, oppa." You snuggled in his arms. With a grin, he whispered into your ears. "I love you too. Forever."


Few hours later, it was time for you to return home. As PO's exams are coming soon, you insisted that he should stay at home and study instead of sending you home.

Unwillingly, PO let you went back home alone.

However, on your way home, you met with an accident and was in a coma.


Your parents were so angry with PO that they sent you away and never let PO came into any contact with you ever again.



Until one day, PO was on a trip to Paris and saw you working in a cafe. He was dumbfounded to meet you there.

But, you had lost all your memories and no longer remember him.

What hurt him most, was that you had someone else in his place.


//Flashback ended//



Just then, there was a tinkle of bell at the entrance. A guy came in. 



"Welcome." You looked up to see and your smile widened. "Youngjae oppa!" 


Youngjae smiled. "Baby, have you finished work yet?"


You checked the time. "Oh! It's 5pm already!" You stuck out a tongue. "Sorry, I was so busy with work. I've forgotten about our movie date."

Youngjae softened. "Never mind. The movie starts at 6. We have time."


"Araso. Wait for me, k?" You took off your apron and left a few words to your colleagues.


In a few minutes, you were ready to leave. "Let's go, oppa." You took your bag and linked arms with him.


Youngjae held your hands and led you out of the cafe.


PO watched you left. He felt his heart had just broke again. But he was glad, because he was the only one in pain. You were happy.


With a sad smile, he took out a $10 bill and left it on the table before leaving the shop.