Himchan

Short Stories from BAPintheBlock

It was finally Valentine's day, and you were alone, roaming on the busy streets in Hongdae.

You eyed at couples who are giggling and hugging on the streets. Some were even kissing passionately, and it saddens you to know that you were alone this Valentine's day.

You let out a sigh and shoved your cold hands into your pockets. You had forgotten to bring your gloves out when you rushed for school today.

Just then, you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket and you pulled it out. It was your best friend, Himchan.

"Are you at Hongdae already?" Himchan asked excitedly.

"Yep. Where are you?" You looked around.

"Where are you? Are you near the small park?"


"Yes." You rolled your eyes. "Why did you even ask me out today?"


You heard Himchan giggled. "Ok, come closer to the bench area and you'll find me."


And with that, he ended the phonecall, leaving you confused.


You followed his instruction and went to the bench area. A group of people attracted your attention.

Curious, you went closer and your eyes widened when you saw Himchan sitting in the center of the crowd.

He was performing a Korean instrument, Janggu (a drum like instrument). When he spotted you, his eyes twinkled. But he continued to play like a pro.

Finally, he ended the performance and stood up. He slowly walked towards you and the audience gave way to him.

"I've been waiting." He grinned, as if nothing weird had just happened.

Everyone turned your way. Your face went red in embarrassment. "What are you doing, Himchan?!" 

"Everyone!" Himchan grinned. "This is the girl I've been having a crush on since I first known her. But she is so slow in knowing. I hope all of you can convince her to accept me."

Everyone clapped and cheered. A guy beside you nudged you. "Come on, accept him. It's hard for a guy to like a girl so long."

You gaped at Himchan. "M-Mwoh?"


"Say yes. Say yes. Say yes." Everyone started chanting.


Himchan pouted at you. His eyes were anticipating your answer.


You lowered your head. "A-Araso... Yes..."

Himchan's smile widened. "Jinjja?"

You smiled. "Yes."

"WOOOT!" Himchan lifted you off the ground and laughed happily. "I know you'll say yes if I do this. HAHAHA!" 


When he finally set you back on the ground, you hit his chest lightly.

"Mwoh ya?!" You glared at him. "So you are using pressure on me, is it?"


"Anniyo." His face softened. "Because I love you."


Slowly, he leaned in and kissed you gently.