Safe in the arms of a stranger

You are my salvation


Carmen’s POV

What to wear… what to wear ??? I don’t want him to think that I’m trying too hard… What am I saying? I AM DEFINITELY NOT TRYING TOO HARD!! Why would I anyways? He’s seen better anyways… Ugh I should stop thinking about what he says, he’s playing with my mind, and he’s winning… Someone make this stop! Alright let’s do the opposite, I’ll just close my eyes and put on the first thing my hands touches in the closet…

Taecyeon’s POV

_ “we going or what?”

I turned around and I saw her, in a very cute dress, and ballerinas, one would say an 18 year old high school student.. Yet something about her was captivating. She was barely putting on any make up, she looks like an outcast in the world I live in, like…

_ “well, I’m leaving, with or without you”

I work up from my dreaming. Why does she have to be so mean to me?

_ “You know, you give the cutest innocent image, until you open your mouth”, I said.

_ “Thank you”

_ “What is that supposed to mean?”, I said while she was closing the door.

_ “Nothing, I take all comments as compliments, that’s how I live with myself”.

_ “Okay, you’re weird”.

_”Tell me something I don’t know”.

I decided not to talk anymore, she has an answer to every single sentence I say! I got used to the “oppa, you work out a lot!” and “oppa! You got more handsome than the last time I saw you!” that having a girl talking to me that way feels… refreshing? For five minutes, yesterday, while we were dancing, I felt like I was getting somewhere, but that friend of hers had to get drunk and… ugh!! I guess I’ll have to wait for a similar occasion… we’ll see how today goes

No one’s POV

They got to Taecyeon ’s car. He opened the door for Carmen, then got in.

_ “So, where do you wanna go?” he asked

_ “I thought you were the fun expert”

_ “Okay let’s make a pact. I’ll do my best for today and in exchange, you try your best to be a liiiiittle less mean”.

Carmen looked at him for a few seconds, then answered:

_”yeah let’s give it a try”.

Taecyeon recovered his smile quickly and said:

_ “Okay, so today, I decide for the itinerary, but you can’t complain”

Carmen opened to answer, but then only showed a little smile…

 

Carmen’s POV

That was mean, I admit… I just can’t seem to get any nice to him. I was sometimes told that my words are like poisonous arrows, I guess they were right. I mean, people only became nice to me when I grew up and suddenly lost most of my baby fat and became “cute”, “beautiful”, “y” for them, but almost no one was nice to me before. That is why I know that all these people do not like me for me, and makes it harder for me to smile at them, and be nice to them… I just cannot do it, and he’s no different… or is he?

I couldn’t help but look at him while he was driving. He was certainly one of the best looking men I have ever seen, met, dreamt of… The number of times I imagined the day I would meet him, my ultimate bias! I certainly did not think I would end up slapping him… “I like you the best” by Beast was on the radio and he was tapping on the steering wheel while mumbling the lyrics.

 

 

_”I belong with you” I started singing along with him

He looked at me, surprised, then smiled and we went on singing. When the song was over I said:

_”So where are we going?”

_ “Surprise… or shall I say, surprises”

_ “no hints?” I said, my typical answer would have been, “I don’t like surprises”, but I decided I will be as nice as I can, at least today.

_ “well, it’s slippery….”

Huh? What was I supposed to understand from that? Are we going…

_ “ARE WE GOING ICE SKATING???????” I screamed

_”Gosh I knew you’re too smart for hints! Now you ruined the surprise!”

_ “No I can still act surprised if you want” I said before remembering my promise “but it’s a great idea!”

He looked at me with his evil smile, that smile which, that smile that…what was I saying? Ah right, ice skating, just what I needed…

We arrived there, he parked his car and we got off. It is just cute how he keeps opening the door for me. Just what game is he playing?

We got in and he went to get us ice skating shoes. He came back, handed me mine, and started wearing his. Suddenly he stopped and looked at me:

_ “You should hide your enthusiasm a little bit, it’s too overwhelming”

I could not answer. What was I supposed to tell him? That I never tried ice skating? Not even once in my life? Admit that to the guy who has been accusing me of having a fun-free life?

Taecyeon’s POV

She would not answer. She started looking away, and left this world again, she was there again. She just disconnects from this world and gets lost in her ideas, and forgets about everything. I thought I found something really fun to do but this girls just can’t seem to be pleased!!! Unless!! SHE NEVER TRIED ICE SKATING! Ugh I am so dumb! Of course! Now she’s gonna think all I’m trying to do is laugh at her and make her look ridiculous. Taec you idiot!!!

Carmen’s POV

Taecyeon got down on his knees and made me wear the ice skating shoes.  Then he looked up to me and said with that warm smile of his… I saw this smile for the second time!

_ “let’s go and have some fun ”

How am I gonna stand in there? How am I gonna do? Maybe I should tell him?

_ “You know…”

_ “Come”, he said, interrupting me and holding my hand.

Once we were standing on ice, he grabbed both my hands and started moving, very slowly.

_”Don’t look down”, he said, “look only at me”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Which I did, I let go of all the stress I have been under for the past year, and decided to trust this handsome stranger who got closer to me in one days than any other person…  I kept looking at him, it felt very comfortable, very nice, and warm…safe…

 

Hey guys!! So sorry I haven't shown up in so long!! but now I'm back for good haha!! Did you miss the story? I'll do my best to post the new chapters as soon as possible! please let me know what you think!!