Introduction

You are my salvation

6:00 am. The alarm clock went crazy. After using her favorite feature, "snooze", for 15 minutes, Carmen decided to finally get up. "Today is the day"!! she thought. Finally, she got her chance to shine. After a year of hard work, she will prove to everyone that was made to be the best in the Music Industry! 

 

Carmen's POV

As usual, I did the first thing I did every morning: Put music on. I then moved to a few stretching movements, a bit of ice on my face, and proceeded to a refreshing shower. The music player was playing "kisses and cake" by John owell, a song that always gave me heads up that the day would be a great day. I smiled at the thought that this was probably going to be one of the most intense days of my life. After six months of planning, the day of the First edition of the BIGGEST AWARDS dedicated to KPOP finally came, and I WAS IN CHARGE OF THE WHOLE THING!! I still can't believe it!! Okay, Carmen, calme down, your thoughts are taking you awayd once again. Remember, you gotta keep calm today, big names, huge budget, gotta make it...

I made myself scrumbled eggs to have enough energy for the day, then, remembering the dress I had to wear for the event, thank you Sarah, I decided to just drink coffee to keep awake. I quickly got into my usual business casual clothes, took the dress and shoes I was to wear in the afternoon and my everlasting agenda, and ran outside to yell at a taxi. 

End of POV

The instant Carmen got in the taxi, her phone went off. She looked in the mess she called her "bag" to fine the phone, only to find what the person she was expecting calling her:

_Yes Sarah, I'm awake!!!

_ As much as I'd like to believe you darling, I can't. You have a HISTORY of missing the great things of your life because of sleeping. I need proof!

_ Sarah, I'm awake and I'm now on my way. I took the dress YOU made me buy for the awards, and I still think it's inappropriate.

_ Okay, the way you said YOU is enough proof you're awake. Honey you will be STUNNING tonight, wait till the idols see you in that dress, they'll all be over you!

_ I only wanna get done with this without incidents!! I did not even have time to plan or think of meeting idols! Anyways, Sarah, I gotta go, talk to you later!

_ kay, HWAITING!! I'll be there!!

Carmen hang up and ran out of the taxi to the office. She never saw the office in such a state, everything was a mess, everyone was running somewhere, screaming to someone, talking on the phone, being angry about late deliveries. "OH MY GOD! WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO??" Carmen thought, "how will I ever be able to manager all of this!! I simply can't!! I CAN'T"

_ You can do it Carmen!!

Carmen turned around and saw Joe, her best friend in the office. Ever since she got to Korea, they had a great feeling about each other and started hanging out. Apart from Sarah, Carmen usually felt more comfortable around guys, and Joe was the perfect male friend who knew how to listen, provide he with straghtforward opinions and rational advices. She wouldn't have been to make it without him, and the best part was, he could read her thoughts as if she were an open book!

_ Joe you're here on time, that is a new thing!

_ Well, as of today will mark the day Carmen will become the general manager of this office after the success the awards will have, I have to make it a memorable day by coming on time!

_ haha, pabo stop messing around, we have a lot to do. Can you contact the housing committee to check if all the idols we invited have arrived? if the costumes are all set up? oh! the guy responsible for lights, I heard he messed up one time for the MAMAs, make sure it doesn't happen! and please, pleaase make sure the microphones are working! fans are always complaining about sound quality,I don't want this to be our weak point!

_ See? bein a kpop fangirl served you something! OUCH! why the pinching! I was just stating a truth!

_ Palli and do as I say!!

_ Yes ma'am!!

Carmen smiled at Joe as he waved goodbye and started making the necessary calls. She knew she could always count on him. The rest of the morning was spent running from department to department, checking if everything was set, how the votes were going, the audience number expected, the press that would be there, and all other. As the afternoon was getting closer, Carmen was feeling more stressed out, and as 1:00 pm arrived, she got a phone call from Sarah.

_ Did you have lunch?

_ Yes of course, I'm going to get dressed and go make sure everything's alright on stage. I'll see you there!

_ Yeah sure, I'm on my way there!

You hang up and got to your office to change. You opened the door to see Sarah, standing next to your desk, with a lunchbox.

_ I ALWAYS know when you lie, ALWAYS!

_ I don't have time for lunch, and I don't feel like eating, and I don't think the dress will fit.

_ Your mother told me to look after you, for such things. Honey since you came to Korea, you have been losing weight I'm afraid you'll end up disappearing. And I refuse to be responsible for that, now eat a bit and make mama happy

Carmen took a few bites and gave Sarah the "Are you staisfied?" look. 

_ okay okay, this'll do for now.

_ Oh by the way, show me your dress!!

Sarah removed her trench to show a revealing dress that would make more than a head turn.

_ Ouah!!! How can you pull such a dress?

_ You'd pull it better than me Carmen, but since you won't wear such great artworks, someone has to do it

Carmen smiled as she looked at how stunning Sarah was. Since the two were children, Sarah was the artistic one who would always follow her feelings and go for what her heart would tell her to do. Carmen was always there to make sure Sarah wouldn't leave the ground too much. When Sarah decided to drop out of college to pursue her dream of becoming a photographer and living in Korea, Carmen did not mind as she always thought Sarahhad great talent in the matter. Indeed, not long after she got offers to make photographies of Seoul, and recently, she became one of the most demanded idols photographs. Although she was sort of close to a few, Carmen could never find the time to accept her invitations to VIP parties that would have allowed her to meet her favorite Korean singers. But maybe this afternoon, she'll be the KPOP cinderella.

Carmen POV

 

I proceeded to wearign the dress and the shoes, while Sarah was looking at the mirror and making sure her make up was put on right. As I took an eyeliner to put on, she took it out of my hands:

_ NO! Not again with the light make up! this is your chane to shine, show'em what you got girl!

_ I need to prove my skills as a manager, not as a pretty doll.

_ I don't care, today everyone does what you want, but you'll do as I say.

I knew arguing with Sarah would lead nowhere. To be honnest I already felt the dress was too much. A black dress that just fit my by body and practically drew every line of my body, with a and only short enough for me bend down, if I lost my pen, without getting myself into a scandal. The shoes were too high for someone who usually goes for ballerinas, and now Sarah was arranging my hair.

_ I was thinking I would just keep it unattached.

_ I didn't get you a dress just so you could hide your beautiful back with your hair! Plus I want your beautiful eyes to make everyone go crazy tonight. now shut up and let me do the work.

I must admit, the result was admirable. Then Sarah proceeded to practiclly putting pounds of make up on my face. I almost didn't recognize myself once she was done.

_ Now you're reay to rule the world!! sarah said while tapping my back. I'll get down and try to get us a taxi, get your files and agenda and don't be late!

_ Neeh!!

I gathered everything and got out of my office. I ran into a handsome man in the corridors. It was Joe! OMO I didn't recognize him in a tuxido!

_ Carmen?

_Joe?

We started laughing when we realized how we never took the time to wear something classy, and how we were always in a hurry, preparing meeting and stressing out over deadlines.

_Sarah's work I guess?

_Should I even answer?

_ Haha, well you know I don't really like you hanging out with that girl, but I have to say you look ...gorgeous seems a weak of a word

_ Oh stop it you (we had an inside joke of always using memes  to have fun)

_ You should run, or your friend'll be late. I'll make sure everyone's ready to go and then I'll go there!

_ Okay, make sure you're not late!

I decided to take the elevator, which was against my rules of saving energy and staying fit, but there was no time for such things. I found Sarah waiting for me in the taxi and we headed to the awards.

Hey guys so this is basically an introduction to get you to know a bit more Carmen, her best friends, and what the event she's getting ready for is like. The enxt chapter (which I'll write once I wake up) will introcude our main male character (s). I hope you enjoyed reading the introduction!! Let me know what you think!!