My famous Brother (Kris)

You are my Gege (Brother) ! [EXO M Members]

You always envied those who have an older brother. Most of your friends have a loving older brother who takes care of them well.

You want an older brother too. Not that you don’t have one, you do. But you don’t know where he is right now.

=======

You were playing with your dolls in your room when you heard footsteps climbing on the stairs. Quickly you got down from your bed and ran to the door.

Peeking behind the door frame, you saw your 10 years old brother heading towards him room. He had come back from playing basketball with his friends.

From a young age, he has a cold aura around him. Not once you have seen him smile.

“Kis-gege.” You called out.

Kris halted in the middle and turned to the voice. He saw you, his adorable 5 years old sister.

“It’s Kris-gege, ~~~~~~~~.” he lightly scolded.

You bite your lips and started playing with your fingers.

Immediately, his face softened.

“Can you read me a bedtime story?” you softly asked.

Kris has always read bedtime stories every night before you sleep. No matter how many times he refused, you always managed to persuade him. That was how much he loves you.

After a moment, he nodded.

“Gege is going to take a bath first.” He replied. “Wait for me in your room, okay?”

You nodded happily and ran back to your bed.

=======

He was always there for you. He fetched you from preschool whenever mum and dad would work late.

He would always take you out for food and ice cream. He’s your older brother, your role model.

========

You were sleeping peacefully that night. It was a cold and rainy night. You cuddled closer to your pillows.

The door to your bedroom opened. 17 years old Kris stood as he watched you sleep. Quietly as possible, he walked to your bed and sat at the side.

“Kris-gege.” You murmured.

Kris your hair. *My dear ~~~~~~.*

He spent a few minutes looking at you.

“I am sorry, ~~~~~~~. Gege have to go somewhere far.” He whispered. “I can’t bring you along. You are still too young. I am sorry for leaving you. I promised that when we meet again, you will be proud of me."

========

That was the last time that you saw him. He didn’t say anything. He left a note telling us not to worry about him. Mum cried all night, I guess that she was heartbroken. Dad consoled her saying that Kris was old enough to take care of himself. You lost Kris. You lost an older brother.

========

“~~~~~~~, would you please accompany me to EXO-M’s fan sign?” your best friend Xiaomin pleaded.

You looked up from the book that you were reading. “EXO-M? What is that?”

“OH MY GOD!” Xiaomin grabbed your shoulder. “How can you not know? They are the newest and the hottest group from SM.”

You pulled away from her grip. “I am not going. I have work after school.”

“Please…” she begged. “Ditch your work for today. Accompany me to the fan sign.”

“No.”

“Please, ~~~~~~~!”

“I said no.”

“I beg you, please.”

“Hmmm…..”

“Please…please…please…please.”

“Alright, I will go with you.” You gave in.

Xiaomin jumped up and down. “Yeah, thank you so much bestie.”

“You owe me one, Min-min.” you warned.

=======

The two of you have been standing in line for the past 3 hours.

“Why did I agree to come here? I am wasting my time here.” You muttered.

Xiaomin heard you and hugged your arm. “You are here because of me, bestie. Thank you again. Don’t worry, we are getting nearer. After this, we will have ice cream. My treat.”

The line went faster and you were nearing the stage. You didn’t know why but suddenly you felt nervous. Xiaomin handed you one of the CD.

“Who is who?” you scratched your head as you looked at their CD cover.

Xiaomin pointed out all the members to you.

“And this is Kris Wu Fan, the duizhang.” She proudly said.

Your mouth widened in shock. Kris was none other than your older brother.

*He still looks the same.* you caressed his picture.

“Yah, are you smitten over Kris already?” Xiaomin tease you.

Instead of answering, you ignored her.

Finally, it was your turn to get the CD signed. You handed them to the guy with chubby cheeks.

“Hey, thanks for coming to the fan sign.” He smiled and signed the CD.

You smiled back and waited for him to hand you back the CD.

“Have a good day and thanks again.” He waved.

You waved back. *Oh, he must be Xiumin, the chubby cheeks guy.*

You move on and handed to CD to Luhan. You remembered his name when Xiaomin told you before. He looks better in real.

“Hello.” You greeted.

Luhan nodded and smiled his million-watt smile. “Thank you for supporting us.”

Next was Chen, Lay and Tao’s turn.

Lastly, it was Kris’s turn. Your heart started to beat real fast.

*It’s been 5 years since he left. Will he recognise me?* you wondered.

========

Kris looked up to smile at the next fan. When he did so, he was surprised to find a girl with long brown hair and bambi eyes.

Their eyes meet and they gazed at one another for a few seconds.

*She looks familiar.* he noted. *She looks just like….me.*

You broke the eye contact first and looked away. You placed the CD on the table and slowly pushed it to him.

“Hello, Kris-gege.” You greeted softly.

*That voice…..* Kris seems stunned.

Kris took the CD and started to sign his autograph. He paused and glanced at you.

“May I know your name?” he asked.

You tilted your head in confusion as to why he was asking for your name.

“I am signing my autograph to you.” he explained.

You nodded. “My name is ~~~~~~~.”

*~~~~~~~?* Kris stared at you. *That’s my sister’s name.*

“But can you sign to my friend instead?” you continued. “This is her CD. I am just helping her to queue.”

“Oh I see.” He nodded and signed.

You scanned through Kris’s features. He still looks the same as before. He has grown taller and more handsome. But your heart hurts when thinking that he might not remember you.

Kris handed you the CD back. “Thank you for coming. I appreciate it. See you at our next fan sign.” You took the CD and walked off. Xiaomin was already waiting for you. On the way to the café, she was squealing all over the CD.

“Look ~~~~~~~, Kris signed for both of our names.” She mentioned.

“Really?” you looked over Xiaomin’s shoulders.

There was a short message at the bottom of Kris’ autograph.

 

To Xiaomin and ~~~~~~~ meimei,

I hope we can meet again.

From Kris-gege.

 

“He called me meimei.” Xiaomin started smiling widely.

But you were confused by his message. *Does he remember me or is this a coincidence?*

=======

“~~~~~~~, come down. I have someone for you to meet.” Your mum called.

You walked down the stairs and headed to the kitchen. To your surprise, you saw Kris leaning against the counter top. He was sipping a glass of orange juice and smiling at what your mum was talking about.

Kris straightened up when he saw you.

“Hey.” He casually waved.

“Who is he?” you asked your mum. “Why is he here?”

“Don’t you remember?” your mum smiled. “He’s your older brother, Kris Wu Fan.”

Kris held out his arms for a hug. You didn’t respond and stood still.

“When he left us 5 years ago, he actually went to SM as a trainee.” Your mum patted his back. “Look at him now, already an idol.”

“~~~~~~~ meimei.” Kris headed toward you.

Before he could hug you, you pulled back and ran up to your room.

Kris looked at your mum in confusion.

“You have to explain to her why you left.” She said. “She was really upset when you left.”

=======

You were sobbing in your bed. You kept hitting your pillows.

“Stupid Kris-gege, coming back now after leaving us for the past 5 years.”

You had lived your life as a single child for the past years. Now that Kris is back, you didn’t know how to react. You don’t know the feelings of having an older brother.

A knock sounded and your door opened. Kris popped his head in.

“Can I come in?” he asked.

You shook your head. “Go away.” Your voice was muffled.

Kris ignored you and entered. He sat down by your bed and caressed your hair like he did when you were little.

You pushed his hand away. “I said go away.”

“Are you mad at me?” he asked softly.

You shoot upright on your knees and faced him. “MAD AT YOU? I AM DAMN FURIOUS WITH YOU.”

Kris flinched at your loud voice.

“Why did you leave me? Why did you leave our family?” you started hitting his chest. “I was so sad when I found you gone the next morning.”

“~~~~~~~ meimei…” Kris began.

You didn’t let him speak. “WHY?WHY?WHY? I hate you, gege.”

Kris pulled you into a hug, you sobbing onto his chest. “I am sorry, meimei. I am really sorry.”

After calming you down, Kris explained the reason why he left. As much as he loves basketball, he wanted to be a singer.

“So, I got accepted at the audition and went to SM to train?” he ended.

You looked at him with sad wet eyes. “Then, are you going back to Korea?”

He shook his head. “No, EXO-M will be promoting in China. We would sometimes promote in Korea and other countries.”

“Will you leave me again?” your lips trembled.

Kris ruffled your hair, the action that he would always do when you were little. “No, I will never leave you again. I am back now, ~~~~~~~. I will never leave you again. That I promise.”

And with that, he held out his arms out and you went to hug him tightly.

=======

THE END! Watch out for EXO-K's version of "You are my brother."