My forgetful Brother (Lay)

You are my Gege (Brother) ! [EXO M Members]

“~~~~~~~ meimei, have you seen my earpiece?” Yixing asked.

You looked up at your older brother. He was scratching his head with a confused expression on his face.

“Your earpiece? You asked.

He nodded. “Yeah, I don’t remember where I last placed it. ”

You looked at him and started to giggle.

“What’s wrong? Why are you giggling?” he frowned.

You pointed to his neck. “You are really forgetful, Yixing Gege.”

Yixing touched his neck. His earpiece was wrapped around his neck.

“Oh god, there’s where my earpiece is. ” He face-palmed himself.

Yixing is such a forgetful guy. He can’t even remember small little details and what he had done a few minutes ago. He has a habit that you find it cute. Whenever someone talks to him, he would take a longer time to respond.

You turned back to the TV and resumed watching. Not long after, you heard Yixing shouting.

“I CAN’T FIND MY GLASSES. WHERE DID I PLACE IT? ARGH!!!!”

You chuckled and ran up the stairs to help him find his glasses.

======

School ended and you went to the locker to take out your books. You were planning to do some revision at the library before heading home. Making your way to the library, you realized that it was raining heavily.

“I didn’t bring my umbrella today. ” You pouted.

You texted Yixing, asking him to fetch you in three hours. In an instant, Yixing replied with an “OK”.

You found an empty table at the corner of the library and sat down.

“Let’s start studying and get it over and done with. ” you opened your History textbook.

Soon, time passed as you were finishing the last sentence of your essay. You yawned and looked at the wall clock. It was already 7pm. You quickly packed your bag and rushed out of the library. It was still raining heavily when you reached the school gate.

*Maybe I will just run to the bus stop and wait for Yixing Gege there.* you thought.

You covered your head with your hands and started running to the nearest bus stop. When you reached there, your uniform was drenched.

*Heavy rain and I am really really drenched.* you noticed.

You waited for Yixing to come but there was no sign of him at all. Half an hour passed and still Yixing wasn’t there.

“Aish, why isn’t my phone working at this point of time?” you stared at your phone that was out of battery.

It was still raining, but not as heavy as before. You slung your backpack over your shoulder and headed home.

======

Yixing was pacing across the living room. He glanced at the clock once more. It was already 8.30pm and you were not home.

“Why isn’t ~~~~~~~ home yet?” he wondered.

Just then the front door opened and he quickly went over. You walked into the house, fully drenched from head to toe.

“~~~~~~, you are back.” Yixing frowned when he saw how drenched you were.

“Hey Gege.” You greeted him in shivers.

Yixing held out his hands, stopping you from walking in further. “Wait here, I am going to get you a towel.”

He ran upstairs and soon came down with a towel. He pulled off your backpack and started drying you with the towel.

“It’s…..col…..cold…..” you sneezed.

“Aigoo.” Yixing looked at you worriedly. “Why didn’t you call me to pick you up from school? It’s raining heavily, you know?”

You didn’t answer him and looked up at him with your big bambi eyes.

Yixing stopped wiping you with the towel. “Go and take a bath. I don’t want you to fall sick. ”

You nodded and went up to your room. You placed your backpack and headed to the bathroom.

======

Yixing was preparing a hot soup for you when his phone rang.

“Where did I put my phone?” he started to look around the kitchen.

He found it on the top drawer. He looked at the ID and answered it.

“Hello?” he greeted

“Gege.” It was Tao. “Did you and ~~~~~~~ reach home already?”

*Me and ~~~~~~~?* he wondered.

“Can I talk to ~~~~~~~ please?” Tao asked. “I called her phone but no one answer.”

“~~~~~~~ is taking her bath right now. ” Yixing answered. “Why did you ask whether I and ~~~~~~~ are home? I was home all along and ~~~~~~~ was in school.”

There was silence over at the other line.

“Hello? Tao, you there?” he asked.

“Yup, I am still here gege.” Tao replied. “Gege, did you forget again?”

“Forget what?” Now Yixing was really confused.

He heard Tao letting out a loud sigh. “You were supposed to fetch ~~~~~~~ from school remember? It was raining heavily and she texted you asking you to fetch her. Remember? I was over at your house a few hours ago when she texted you. Remember, Gege?”

It took Yixing a while to remember. Your text. Asking him to fetch you. The heavy rain. Suddenly, he remembered everything.

“I will call you back later. ” He promised Tao and ended the call.

“OH MY GOD!” Yixing gripped onto his hair. “Why am I so forgetful? I forgot to fetch ~~~~~~ and she ended up walking home in the rain?”

Now he felt sorry for you and disappointed in himself. He looked at the bowl of soup that he had cooked.

*I hope that ~~~~~~~ meimei doesn’t get sick.*

======

You had just finished showering and were cleaning your backpack. It was wet from the rain.

“I guess I have to use another bag tomorrow. ” You said. “Luckily my books and papers didn’t get wet. ”

You placed your wet bag and uniform into the laundry basket. Just then, a knock was heard and Yixing walked into your room with a tray.

“Gege?” you titled your head. “Is there anything you want?”

Yixing placed the tray on your study desk and pulled you to sit down. “I made hot mushroom soup for my dear meimei. ”

You clapped your hands together. You love mushroom soups. “Thank you Yixing Gege.”

Yixing watched as you sipped the soup. “Careful, it’s hot.”

You nodded.

“~~~~~~ meimei…” Yixing began.

“Hmmm?” you were busy sipping your soup to look at him.

“I’m sorry.” He apologised.

You stopped and turned to him. “Why are you apologizing?”

Yixing rubbed the back of his neck. “I forgot…. Again….”

You were confused at that moment but then realized what he was talking about.

“It’s okay, Gege.” You waved it away. “I am already home, right?”

Still, Yixing wouldn’t let it go. “Meimei, this isn’t the first time I forgot. When you were younger, I forgot to fetch you from pre-school. You ended up waiting at the playground when the school closes. When you were in junior high, I forgot to attend the dance competition that you participated in. You won the first place and I wasn’t there. And now today, you sent me a text asking me to fetch you and I actually forgot about it.”

“I am so forgetful. ” Yixing hit his head numerous times. “Why am I like this?”

You caught his hand and held it down. “Gege, don’t be like this. I am fine, isn’t it? You don’t have to worry. Just forget it.”

“But….” He continued.

“No buts.” You placed a finger on his lips. “You always redeemed your forgetfulness. When you forgot to fetch me from preschool, you bought me ice cream the next day. When you forgot to attend the dance competition, you bought me a new dance shoes as a present. As for today, you cooked me my favorite soup when you forgot to fetch me from school. ”

“So will you forgive me?” Yixing asked.

You pulled him forwards and hugged him. “There’s nothing for me to forgive and nothing that you should apologize about. ”

Yixing smiled and kissed your head. “Thanks for your understanding, ~~~~~~ meimei.”