My baozi Brother (Xiumin)

You are my Gege (Brother) ! [EXO M Members]

You were happily coloring your picture book when you heard your mum calling for you.

“~~~~~~~ honey, please come down.” She called.

“Yes mummy.” You stopped coloring and ran out of your room.

You made it down the stairway and entered the living room. Inside, you saw your mum talking with a man. There was a young boy beside that man. You shyly made your way to your mum.

“You called me, mummy?” you asked in a small voice.

Your mum picked you up and placed you beside her on the sofa. You wrapped your small hand around your mum’s finger.

“This is my four years old daughter, ~~~~~~~.” Your mum introduced.

The man smiled and bends down in front of you. He held out his hand. “Hello ~~~~~~~, you are very pretty. Just like your mum.”

You placed your tiny hand in his and shook hands. “Thank you.”

The man stood up and placed an arm around the young boy. “This is my son, Xiumin. ~~~~~~~, he will be your brother from now on. ”

Your mum looked and you and motioned you over. “Go, meet your brother. ”

“Brother?” you looked up with bambi eyes. “You mean Gege?”

Your mum and the man laughed. “Yes, he’s your Gege. Xiumin, ~~~~~~ will be your meimei. ”

“Let’s give the two siblings some space. ” Your mum suggested.

The man nodded. “I agree darling. Let’s get some drinks in the kitchen. ”

You stood in front of Xiumin, awkwardly playing with the edge of your dress. You bite your lips.

Seven years old Xiumin giggled. *This girl is cute. I am sure she will be the best sister ever.*

Xiumin held out his hand. “Do you want to play outside with me?”

You hesitated for a moment.

“I can push you on the swing. ” He persuaded.

You brightened. You love playing with the swing. “Okay.”

You took Xiumin’s hand and the two of you went outside.

That was the first day that you and Xiumin started a relationship as siblings.

========

“~~~~~~~ meimei, hurry up.” 17 years old Xiumin tapped his shoes impatiently.

“Here you go, Xiumin.” Your mum handed him two lunch boxes. “~~~~~~~ isn’t done yet?”

Xiumin shook his head. “We will be late if she is not ready by now. ”

“I am coming!!!” you called from upstairs.

You ran down and meet Xiumin at the front door. “Sorry gege, I forgot where I placed my books. ”

Xiumin handed you your lunch box. “Let’s go. ”

“Bye mum!” the two of you kissed the side of her cheeks and left.

Your mum watched as you crossed the traffic lights before going back in the house to clean.

You were holding hands with Xiumin as the two of you walked to school.

“What did mummy packed for us today?” you asked.

“I am not sure about yours. ” He shrugged. “But mine is red bean buns and yam buns. ”

“Buns again?” you looked at him with wide eyes. “Gege, you have been eating buns since like forever. One day, you will look like a bun, I tell you. ”

“Yah….” Xiumin scolded. “Don’t curse me. ”

“I mean no harm. ” You held out your hand. “But you do look like a bun, with those puffy cheeks of yours. ”

“Like this?” he puffed out his cheeks.

tumblr_m6anb1n2bj1rtbnipo1_1280.jpg

You laughed and poked his cheeks. “My Gege is a bun! Hahahahahaha!”

Xiumin smiled and playfully tapped your nose. “Even though I look like a bun, you will still love me, right?”

“Hmmmmm.” You thoughtfully placed your finger under your chin. “I will have to think seriously before answering. ”

“HEY!” Xiumin pretended to be angry.

Just then, the two of you reached the front gate.

“I will still love you no matter what, Xiumin Gege.” You kissed his cheeks and ran into the school.

*Aish this girl.* he smiled as he watched you.

=======

It was Saturday afternoon. Your parents were attending a wedding reception and the two of you were left alone.

“Baozi Gege, you promised to take me out today. ” You stomped your foot on the ground.

21 years old Xiumin laughed as he rummaged through his closet for a shirt. “I am going out with my friends today. ”

“WHAT?” you shouted. “But you promised. ”

Xiumin chuckled as he watched you pacing back and forth in anger. *She’s cute when she’s angry.*

*I can’t believe it. Gege promised to take me out today. I am already dressed to go out and in the end, he said that he’s going out to meet his friends.*

Actually, Xiumin was just teasing you. He loves seeing you getting angry for nothing.

He slipped on a white t-shirt and spray cologne. He grabbed his car keys and headed out.

“Bye.” He called over his shoulder. From the corner of his eyes, he noticed that you were following him.

Xiumin reached the door when he heard you calling him.

“Xiumin-ge.” You called.

Xiumin turned to laugh but immediately his expression changed when he saw your wet eyes.

“Are you really going to leave me here alone?” your bottom lips trembled.

Xiumin felt guilty and decided to drop off his act.

“~~~~~~~, Gege is just kidding….” He said.

“You promised to take me out today. ” You sobbed.

In an instant, Xiumin pulled you into a hug.

“Hey hey,” he cooed. “I am just kidding. I am not going out with my friends. I am really taking you out. ”

“Really?” you looked up with wide eyes.

“Yup, of course. ” He held your face with both of his hands. “Don’t cry, I am sorry to make you cry. ”

You wiped away your tears. “It’s okay. ”

“Go and get your things. I will be waiting in the car. ” Xiumin pushed you up the stairs.

=======

You were scanning through the documents in your office. Suddenly, the phone rang and you answered.

“Hello?” you greeted.

“Yah.” The caller shouted. “How come I can’t get through your phone for the past few days?”

You looked at the ID and it was your brother. “I am sorry, Gege. I was on a business trip on the weekends. ”

“Tsk..tsk..tsk.” Xiumin scolded. “Ever since you became a businesswoman, you forget to come home and have dinner with us, huh?”

You softened. “Xiumin-ge, it’s not like that. It’s been stressful at work. ”

“Mum and Dad misses you.” He stated. “Can you come home tonight?”

You checked your schedule. “Hmm, yeah I think so. ”

“No, no thinking. ” He replied. “Make sure you turn up. If not, I will personally fetch you from the office. ”

Before you can reply, Xiumin hung up.

You looked up at the photo frame on the desk and smiled. *My family.*

=======

Dinner with your family was peaceful. You and Xiumin talked about work and personal lives with your parents. They listened and they seem proud of you two.

“I am glad that you two are living successfully. ” Your dad smiled.

“It’s all thanks to the two of you, mum, dad. ” Xiumin acknowledged. “You brought us up really well. ”

You nodded in agreement.

After dinner, you and Xiumin went to the backyard.

“Xiumin-ge, do you still remember this place?” you asked.

“Of course I do. This is the place where we first got to know one another. ” He said.

“You pushed me on the swing. ” You smiled at the memory. “You became my big brother from that day onwards. ”

“And you became my little sister. ” Xiumin winked.

You hugged Xiumin’s waist. “Gege, thanks for being a part of my life. With you, you made my childhood life the happiest. I am glad that our parents decided to get married. ”

Xiumin your hair. “No matter what, I will always be your older brother. Remember that.”

You nodded and rested your head on his shoulder. The two of you enjoyed the night breeze.