~Makeover~

When You Least Expect It

~Author's Note~ Okay, so I decided to keep this story. I didn't know I had that many supporters! Thank you for voting!!

I hope to see more comments from you all! <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks had gone by since the married couple’s late night conversation. They hadn’t spoken to one another since their little dispatch, and a few days later, Heechul had left.

Taeyeon spent most of her time sitting by the pool. She would go down memory lane and smile at every wonderful memory she stashed away. Most would include her cousin Ara, but every time she thought about her, Jaejoong’s face would pop into her head. She silently cursed herself every time his face popped up. She never thought that she could actually hate someone, but he proved her wrong.

Jaejoong, on the other hand, was very busy. He was constantly called into the office to do business work, and he was actually called to attend a business trip a week after their conversation. But to say that he was never thinking about Taeyeon was a lie. He tried so hard to forget about her, but he couldn’t. Thoughts of her kept clouding his mind and he hated it. He hated her. She was someone he despised and he regretted that he agreed to marry her. He missed Ara and that was that. No one could replace her. Or so he thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a Saturday morning and Taeyeon was in her room reading one of her favorite books. She woke up a few hours ago and decided to stay in bed to catch up on some reading.

She was interrupted when her door suddenly busted open.

Jaejoong was standing in her doorway in some casual clothing. He looked tired, but his actions didn’t show it. “We’re going to attend a formal gathering today.”

Taeyeon looked at him with confusion. “What formal gathering?” She was afraid to ask him, but she had to know.

Jaejoong sighed dramatically and walked into her room. He took a few steps towards her bedroom dresser and ran his eyes over the pictures that were placed there. “One of our employees is throwing a party and he invited us. It’d be rude not to show up considering that he is one of our best employees.”

“What should I wear?” Taeyeon asked in a soft voice. She thought the question was ridiculous, but she had never been to a formal gathering with Jaejoong before. What if the women wear ball gowns to the parties that he attends?

Jaejoong spun around and eyed her carefully. “You will need a complete makeover.” When seeing that Taeyeon was slightly confused, he continued. “Mrs. Lee will take you to town and get a nice dress. You’ll also be taken to get your hair and makeup done.” He started walking towards the door, and before he exited, he opened his mouth to speak one last time. “You need to be ready by 6 o’clock – party starts at seven.” He walked out and closed the door, leaving Taeyeon to utter a deep breath.

He made her feel so afraid, hopeless, and vulnerable. Why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Lee had taken Taeyeon to a dress shop in town and asked the lady to help find a dress fit for the occasion. She gladly took Taeyeon into the back room and did some measurements before finding the dresses that best suited her.

She threw a few gowns in Taeyeon’s way before pushing her into a dressing room. “Try those on.”

Taeyeon stumbled into the room and looked down at the gowns. They were beautiful all right, but they seemed too much. She liked simple but flattering dresses, not these ball gowns.

She tried on the first dress in the pile and looked at her reflection in the mirror. It was a frilly, strapless, purple dress, and it looked better on the hanger. It was a definite no.

She took a deep breath before walking out to get the opinion of the lady and Mrs. Lee.

When she opened the door, she saw the eager faces of Mrs. Lee and the worker, but when she stepped out to show the dress, their expression changed. They both shook their heads and she walked back inside the room.

The next few dresses received the same reaction as the first and Taeyeon felt like giving up. She tried on fifteen dresses already and she still hadn’t found one.

She was down to the last dress. It was a nice purple, strapless dress that went down to her feet. There were sequins outlining the top of her dress. A plain belt design was in the middle, making her look slimmer than she actually was. It was very plain and simple, but it was absolutely beautiful. Taeyeon quickly pulled it on and smiled at her reflection. She actually looked nice in this dress.

She stepped out of the room and saw the amazed looks from both Mrs. Lee and the lady. She took that as a good sign.

“Beautiful.” said Mrs. Lee.

“Absolutely stunning.” said the lady, who was named Mrs. Kim. “You’ll just need to find the right shoes and then you’re set!”

The three women walked into the room that was filled with loads of shoes. Taeyeon looked around in awe and felt like she was in paradise.

Mrs. Kim walked to a shelf and pulled out a brown box. She walked back to Taeyeon and showed her the shoes that were packed into the box. There was a silver pair of heels that took Taeyeon’s breath away.

“Those are gorgeous.” Mrs. Lee whispered. Taeyeon smiled in agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was exactly six o’clock, and Taeyeon was getting ready to walk down the stairs. Her hair and makeup was nicely done, and she was quite happy with how it turned out.

Her hair was pulled back and into a low, curly pony tail that was tied to the side, so that it fell down the front of her shoulder. Her makeup was light and natural, but it added a nice glow to her face.

When she was at the top of the stairs she looked down and saw Jaejoong waiting for her, along with Mrs. Lee. They didn’t notice her until she made the first step down the stairs.

As she was walking down, she didn’t notice the eyes that watched her every move. They were mesmerized by her beauty, and they couldn’t look away. But Mrs. Lee noticed, and she tried her best to keep her giggle from being heard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Dress~ (I changed the dress. The old link wasn't working.)

http://www.promnightstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/purple-ball-gown-2011.jpg