Arrangements

When You Least Expect It

Jaejoong had reached Ara’s room in the next few minutes. He took a deep breath and walked in to find her side of the family huddling around her bed. He could feel the sadness in the air but continued walking towards her bed.

When he reached her, his heart dropped. Bruises and scares were covering her entire body that was exposed. Jaejoong’s hands clenched into fists as he felt tears forming in his eyes. Everything turned blurry in the next few seconds as the tears fogged up his eyesight.

He extended his arm and reached out for her lifeless hand. His thumb the back of her palm as he looked down at her with a bit of hope left in him. He didn’t want to give up on her, but by the way she looked, he couldn’t help but lose a little bit of faith.

Jaejoong bent down and lightly kissed her hand as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Soft sobs were heard from the women in the room, but everything suddenly got extremely quiet when the heart monitor let out a long beep as a straight line showed up.

It was only a few seconds later when Mrs. Go cried her heart out. She clutched onto her heart as her husband covered his mouth with his hand. Dara, the Go’s oldest daughter bit her bottom lip trying to prevent herself from yelling out in sadness.

Jaejoong on the other hand continued to stare at the heart monitor. He was in utter shock and he couldn’t believe it. He didn’t want to believe it. He got up from beside Ara’s body and finally said something. “This isn’t right! This monitor is toying with me! She isn’t dead!” He bent back down towards Ara’s body and held her hand. “Ara, wake up! Wake up and tell me your okay! Please…don’t leave me in this world alone. Ara!”

After his last couple of words, the doctor and nurses rushed to him to guide Jaejoong out of the room. “Let me go! I’m not leaving!” He yelled out while trying to break free from their grasps.

They finally got him out of the room and apologized before walking back in. “Wait!” Jaejoong yelled out while reaching out for the doctor. The guy in white turned to face him. “Please tell me this isn’t right. Tell me she is still alive.” Jaejoong begged while clutching onto the doctor’s shoulders.

The doctor’s eyes grew gloomier. He felt sad and sorry for Jaejoong. He shook his head and apologized to the hurt man standing in front of him. “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing we can do.” He patted Jaejoong’s arm and walked back into the room.

Jaejoong fell down onto his knees from the lack of support to hold him up. This was it, Ara’s officially gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong had arrived at his parent’s house after getting some fresh air by the beach. As soon as he stepped into the house, one of the maids walked up to him. “I’m so sorry Jaejoong.” She apologized while looking down at her feet. He shook his head from sadness. “You’re parents would like a word with you.” The maid continued softly. Jaejoong gave her a look before walking into his father’s office.

When he walked in through the double glass doors, his mother ran to embrace him. “Jaejoong, I’m so sorry.” She said while holding him tightly.

Jaejoong placed his chin on her shoulder and hugged her back. He needed a shoulder to cry on, and his mother was the person he was looking for. She was always there for him.

After a moment of silence, Mrs. Kim pulled away from her son. She gave him a light smile while rubbing his back.

“Son,” Mr. Kim started while walking up to Jaejoong. “I know this is a difficult time for you, but the Go’s and I have discussed that you must now marry Go Taeyeon; the cousin of Ara.”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened as he shook his head not wanting to believe in his father’s words. “What? No I can’t marry her.”

“This is a big help for the company. She’s a part of the Go family so this still counts for the business contract us two families have with one another.” Mr. Kim continued.

“My fiancée just passed away! The love of my life just departed from this world and you’re telling me to marry her cousin?” Jaejoong shouted in furry and rage. He couldn’t believe that his father would bring up and ask him something like this at such a life changing time. “You care so much about the business that you could care less about my feelings.”

“This marriage will help the business, yes, but this isn’t just for the corporation. It’s for me and for you. Do you honestly think that Ara would want you to live the rest of your life alone because she’s gone?” Mr. Kim questioned. “Your life is going to move on although she’s gone. The world isn’t going to stop spinning just because she’s not here anymore.”

Jaejoong clenched his jaw at his father’s words. They were one of the most shocking and hurtful things his father has every said to him.

“Fine, I’ll agree to this marriage, but I will not be seen in public with her.”

Jaejoong gave his parents an angry and a wounded look before walking out of the house, slamming the door behind him which made it seem like an earthquake just occurred.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

naydsbeb - I fixed the last sentence in my last chapter. Hopefully it makes more sense. =)

ah_thien - Yes! I'm so happy now! 8D

rosesone - Hm, you'll see. ;)

nallym - I'm glad you understand now haha. :)

JewlieT_ - Wow, she's like dying and you're wanting her to leave? Haha, glad you liked it though! =D

sjlovessuju - I know right! But there has to be some kind of turning point.