Proposing

When You Least Expect It

Ara was sitting at a table in one of the fanciest restaurants in her home town. She sat there patiently while fidgeting with her glass of wine as she waited for that special someone.  

Every few minutes, she would look at her cell phone for the time. Every minute that went by, made her sigh in wonder.

That was until everything turned black.

She brought her hands up to her face and removed the hands that were covering her eyes. Light was seen again.

A curved line formed on her face as she felt the presence of the one she loved. She looked up behind her and found Kim Jaejoong standing before her.

He was returning her gaze as he too was smiling down at her. He couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she looked with her light brown hair with wavy loose curls that fell half way down her back. Her dark but y eye make-up made her light green eyes pop out.  The black but sparkly tank that she was wearing really made her fair skin look so smooth. Jaejoong loved every bit of her from her outside shell to the inside.

He bent down and gave her a light peck on the lips before sitting in the seat in front of her.

As he sat down, he gave her an apologetic smile which earned him a light giggle from Ara. Hearing her laugh or voice just makes his day.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” He apologized as he looked at her with a sincere expression.

Ara pursed her lips and took a sip of her wine without responding back to him. It slightly made his heart ache as he knew that he was to be blamed for arriving late to the dinner he had scheduled for the two of them.

Ara set her glass down and took a napkin that was nearby and wiped clean. She folded the napkin and placed it on her lap before looking back up at Jaejoong. She let out a soft sigh before resting her chin on her right palm. “Why are you so late?”

Jaejoong knew that this question would come up at any moment throughout the night. “My dad, we both had a meeting that extended over time.”

Ara shook her head understandingly as she knew that he was the heir to his parents’ corporation. She supported and understood him fully on this because her parents own a company as well.

“But let’s not talk about why I’m late.” Jaejoong said as he was trying to change the subject. “How was your day?”

Ara sat up and threw one side of her hair behind her should. “It wasn’t all that bad actually. I just hung out with my cousin.”

“Ah~ Like you always do.” Jaejoong said while motioning for the waiter to take their order.

Ara smiled and nodded in return. “Yes, she’s my best friend who understands me. She’ll always be by my side as well.”

“And I won’t?” Jaejoong questioned with one of his eyebrows raised.

“That I’m not too sure of.” joked Ara as she opened her menu.

Jaejoong softly chuckled and ordered his food. Once he was finished, he turned to Ara waiting for her to order hers. She took quite some time, but he was always patient with her no matter what the situation was.

After ordering her food, Ara propped her elbows on the table and rested her chin on her fists. “So, how’s business going?”

Jaejoong nodded in reply. “It’s going pretty well. Nothing too serious yet.”

Ara smiled at him before piping up when she saw the delicious food coming. The waiter placed their food on the table and bowed before walking away.

Ara took her chopsticks and dug into her food not caring if she looked like a pig. Jaejoong only chuckled at her pig-like self.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After they ate their main meal, the water brought a baby pink icing cupcake to Ara. Her eyes widened from surprise as she reached out to take it. A shiny item on the icing caught her attention. She paid close attention to it until she finally realized that it was a diamond engagement ring.

She slowly looked up to find Jaejoong staring back at her in amusement. “What’s this?” She questioned as she took the ring off of the cupcake.

Jaejoong’s lips curved upward as he took the ring out of her hand and wiped the icing off with a napkin.

He then got out of his seat and kneeled down in front of Ara’s chair. “I’ve been waiting for the right time, and I think it’s now. Will you marry me?”

Ara gasped from the shock that was running throughout her body. She nodded without any hesitation and said ‘yes’.

Jaejoong sighed in relief as he stood on his feet and pulled her into his embrace. “I can finally call you my fiancée. Will you be by my side forever?” He whispered lightly into her ear.

Ara let out a soft giggle before resting her head on his chest. “Nothing will separate us. I’ll be with you forever and ever. I love you.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Note~ Yeah, this chapter is kind of boring....AND Taeyeon won't be featured until a few chapters later. She'll be mentioned...but she won't be shown so please be patient. Sorry! :(

heycutestuff - Thank you! Here is your update!

nallym - Glad to have you as a supporter!

ah_thien - Thanks for your support!

naydsbeb - Thanks!

sjlovessuju - Haha, I'm happy to see your comments!

rosesone - Aw thanks!

ice0714 - Aw, I,m glad you liked the description. <3