The Rush

When You Least Expect It

It was the next day and Ara was shopping for wedding invitation cards with Jaejoong. They arrived at a small shop in the town that was near the restaurant from where Jaejoong proposed to her.

Ara had already told her family the big news last night. Her parents were extremely happy for her, and Jaejoong’s parents couldn’t wait until the wedding day that was planned only a few weeks after the proposal. It was soon, but not soon enough for Jaejoong.

A baby pink card with two big roses engraved on the cover caught Ara’s attention. It had folds to where you could open it up and it would be made into three sections. She picked up the sample card and studied it carefully with her eyes until someone disrupted her.

“Do you like what you see?”

She jumpily turned around to find her fiancé standing there with a content smile spread across his face. Her smile had a thought of its own and decided to form without her help. “What do you think of this card?” She asked while handing him the card.

Jaejoong gently grabbed it from her hands and examined it. After a few seconds, he closed the covers and handed it back to her. “I like it…a lot.”

Ara had a satisfied smile on her face at the comment from Jaejoong. She took the card and grabbed a few packs of the selected card.

They were about to get in line at the register when Ara’s cell phone rang. Since the shop was very quiet, her ringtone had caught the attention of many. She looked up at Jaejoong with an apologetic smile and handed him the packs she grabbed. Jaejoong softly sighed and took the cards to the cash register.

As he walked away, Ara searched through her purse for her phone. Once she found it, she took it out and flung it open. “Hello? Ah~Taeyeon!” It was her cousin on the other end of the phone call. “Yes, I’m getting married. I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you. It was late and I didn’t want to disturb your sleep. I was only okay with waking my parents up.” Ara said with a slight giggle at the end of her statement. “Alright, well I have to go. Jaejoong’s waiting for me and I can tell he’s getting impatient.” Ara said while staring at Jaejoong who was leaning against the door waiting for her to come along. “Okay, bye Taeyeon!”

Ara snapped the phone shut and walked towards the impatient Jaejoong. “I’m done, are you happy?”

“I was never upset.” Jaejoong replied while opening the door for his beloved one.

A mocking laugh escaped from Ara’s lips. “Sure.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now the day before the wedding and Ara had woken from bed. She did her usual morning routine and went downstairs to drink a glass of water. As she gulped the liquid down, she felt a pair of arms wrapping themselves around her waist. She let out a soft squeal as she put the glass down on the counter. She turned to her right and quickly jerked her face back when she spotted Jaejoong’s chin resting on her shoulder. “I could’ve broken my nose.” She said softly while hovering her hands over his.

“Are you trying to make me feel guilty?” Jaejoong asked while releasing his grip on her.

Ara grabbed a hold of his hands before his touch completely vanished from her body. “No, I’m just saying.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong’s lips formed into a small pout. “Sure you were.”

Ara playfully smacked his arm and placed her arms onto his shoulder. “I was,” she closed the gap in between them and kissed him lightly. “I’m sorry…” She finished off while pulling away from the kiss.

Jaejoong finally caved in and forgave her. “Are you ready for your meeting with your parents?”

His fiancée nodded and grabbed her purse that was hung around the chair. “Yes, can’t wait.” She said with a hint of sarcasm. She earned a laugh from Jaejoong and giggled along with him. “I’ll see you later.” She hooked her purse onto her shoulder and walked out of the house or known was first known as Jaejoong’s house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few more hours when Ara was supposed to be home and she wasn’t, Jaejoong began to worry. He started to pace around in the living room while eyeing the phone that was sitting on the stand next to the couch. His bottom lip started to hurt from biting so hard.

He was hesitating about whether to call or not. What if the meeting wasn’t done yet? He would disturb them. What if the meeting was done? He would never know.

The phone started to ring and it echoed throughout the huge silent mansion-like house. Jaejoong literally bolted at the phone. “Hello?” He asked with worry yet a bit of hope in his voice.

As the person on the other end spoke, Jaejoong’s eyes grew big. His heart began pounding as if he was in need of air.

The phone fell from his hands as he grabbed his black coat on the arm of the couch. He swiftly pulled it over his body as he ran out of the house slamming the door shut behind him. He didn’t care about locking it since the maids would lock it after him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“My daughter!” Mrs. Go shouted from the halls of the hospital. The nurses tried to block her from going into the room where Ara was being rushed into. Mrs. Go was doing everything should could to get passed them until Mr. Go held her back. “Let go of me!” She yelled while trying to break free from her husband’s grip.

Mr. Go didn’t dare let loose of her. Although his heart was racing from fright about the thought of losing his daughter, he knew he had to stay strong for the sake of his wife’s vulnerable heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong rushed into the doors of the hospital. He was in such a hurry that he had bumped into a few people who were coming in the opposite direction.

“Excuse me.” He said, trying to dodge and swerve pass people.

Once he had turned the nearby corner, his body had hit something that was very different than the texture of the wall. He stumbled back a few steps but quickly regained his balance. As his eyesight began to come to a focus again, he noticed that it was a young lady that he had bumped into. He held his hands out and placed them on her arms as his eyes briefly scanned over her body. “I’m sorry. Are you okay? I have to go now. I hope you’re alright. Bye!” After bidding farewell, Jaejoong continued to run towards the elevators that would take him to Ara.

He was in such a hurry and the nerves were really getting to him that he completely forgot about the young lady once he stepped into the elevator.

But what he didn’t know was that he will encounter her again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Note~ Okay, I'm sorry for rushing things between Jaejoong and Ara, but I really wanted to get to Taeyeon and Jaejoong's parts. I hope you forgive me for this.

Okay I fixed the last line. Hopefully it makes more sense...

sjlovessuju - Yeah, it was one of my "Dream" proposals. =)

JewlieT_ - Yes TaeJae!!!

rosesone - Really? I haven't read the Eng. Translations of the song. Glad you thought it was romantic though. :)

nallym - I can't wait to get started on their moments too!!! <3

TaeJaeLove - Yeah....another one...again. I can't stop with these new ideas, but I got to finish my other ones!!

santaLx13 - Yes! TaeJae! =]