The Start of a New Life

When You Least Expect It

It was the day of the wedding and Jaejoong was in his assigned room putting on his groom’s outfit. He looked at his reflection in the mirror while fixing his color and tie. When he finished, he slightly sighed from this big life-changing decision and turned to his father who stood behind him proudly.

“I’m not happy with this.” Jaejoong said bluntly.

Mr. Kim’s smile slowly faded away from his face. “I know son, but this marriage might make you think twice about this young lady.”

Jaejoong shook his head at his father in an ashamed way. “No, no matter what, I will never love her. I won’t even like her!”

Mr. Kim stiffened up and stared at his son. “You might want to start walking towards the priest.”

Jaejoong couldn’t believe his father and walked out of the room not wanting to look back at his dad. He was ashamed and very upset that he agreed to this in the first place. But he knew that if he didn’t, then he probably would’ve never made it out of his house anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wedding music played and Jaejoong turned to face the entrance where he saw a lady in a white wedding gown with a bouquet of flowers in her hands. He watched as she walked down the aisle with the little flower girls and bridesmaids.

After a few seconds, the lady had reached him. He couldn’t stop himself from clenching his jaw before turning towards the priest.

Jaejoong waited patiently until it was his turn to say the words “I Do.” He hesitantly looked at the priest and then took a small glance at his parents who had looks of hope on their faces. “I do.” He said with a slight sigh in defeat.

He soon heard the lady next to him say those words too. It was then when he realized that he had to kiss her.

“You may now kiss the bride.” said the priest.

Jaejoong stiffly turned to his now called wife. He let out a couple of deep breaths before pulling her in for a small but rough kiss.

When the two of them pulled away, the crowd roared with yells of happiness. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and grabbed the wrist of the young lady before walking down the aisle and towards the exit.

Jaejoong had stopped in front of the closed doors and turned to face his wife with a stern look. “We might be married, but I will never treat you like you’re someone special. Do you understand?”

The lady stood there in front of him speechless. Her eyes had lowered down to her feet when she noticed him walking away. She soon felt someone come up to her and pat her on the back. She looked up and spotted one of Jaejoong’s housecleaners, Mrs. Lee.

“Don’t let him get to you. He’s still trying to get used to this fast paced marriage.” Mrs. Lee gave her a smile before caressing the bride’s cheek. “I hope you can make him feel like himself again Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon softly smiled at the elderly lady. “It might take a while.” She said quietly.

Mrs. Lee laughed and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand before walking her out of the church and towards the after party that was held at Jaejoong’s house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of them reached the white mansion-like house and entered. “Go on and head upstairs. Jaejoong’s probably getting ready.” said Mrs. Lee while gently pushing Taeyeon up the stairs.

Taeyeon nodded and finally walked up the spiral stairs and towards the end of a hallway. She bit her lip when she realized that she had no idea which room was hers. She took a wild guess and opened the nearest door to her right.

As the door opened, a loud gasp escaped as she pulled the door shut making a loud slamming noise that echoed throughout the house.

She slowly backed away, but her eyes stayed glued to the door. It swung open and an angry looking Jaejoong stormed out with only pants on and eyed her down. “Don’t you know how to knock?!?” He yelled out while pointing his slender finger at her. “Even if you didn’t know how to knock, you should know that you and I will never share the same room!”

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know this was your room.” Taeyeon mumbled as her back hit the door to another room that was right across from Jaejoong’s.

“You should’ve asked Mrs. Lee.” Jaejoong retorted. “That room is yours.” He said through his clenched teeth while pointing to the door that Taeyeon had her back pressed against.

Taeyeon didn’t say another word and entered the room while closing the door shut behind her. She couldn’t stand to face him anymore. She now knew that her life was going to go downhill from now on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Lee stormed up the long stairs and entered Jaejoong’s room without asking for permission. Jaejoong was about to blow up again until he realized that it was Mrs. Lee. She was like another mother to him. Ever since he was born, she would be the one to take care of him and her own family while his real mother was out doing business alongside his father.

“What is it Mrs. Lee?” Jaejoong said while drying his hair with a towel.

“Why were you yelling at Taeyeon?” She questioned while folding her arms across her chest.

Jaejoong looked up at her. “She should learn how to knock.”

“Well then you should learn how to lock your door.” Mrs. Lee snapped back.

Jaejoong shook his head and threw his towel on his bed. “I’m not in the mood for this Mrs. Lee.”

“And you think Taeyeon is?” Mrs. Lee questioned. “This marriage does not only affect you, but it affects her also and everyone around the two of you.”

Jaejoong looked at Mrs. Lee in a shocked way. “Are you taking her side?”

“I’m not taking anyone’s side. There is no side to take. You both had no say in this.” Mrs. Lee replied while letting her arms fall to her side. “Don’t blame this all on Taeyeon. Don’t take your anger out on her either. Do you understand Jaejoong?”

No matter how much he wanted to, Jaejoong couldn’t talk back to Mrs. Lee. “I’ll try not to.” He replied in defeat.

“Good, now get ready for the after party that is starting in an hour.” Mrs. Lee her heals and walked out of Jaejoong’s room while closing the door behind her. She then walked into Taeyeon’s room only to find her sitting on her bed with her wedding gown still on. “Taeyeon, what are you doing?”

Taeyeon quickly brought her hands up to her face and brushed her tears off. She then looked up at Mrs. Lee and hoped that she didn’t see anything.

But it was too obvious for Mrs. Lee. She smacked her lips and walked over to the crying young lady. She sat on the bed alongside Taeyeon and threw one of her arms around Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Tell me, why are you crying?”

Mrs. Lee felt Taeyeon exhaling. “I don’t-I’m ruining his life.”

The elder one shook her head and rubbed Taeyeon’s back. “Now don’t say that. This marriage was not your idea. Don’t put the blame on yourself for something your aunt and uncle and the Kim’s did.”

Taeyeon looked at Mrs. Lee. “But why do I feel so bad?”

Mrs. Lee softly sighed and looked away. “That is something I can’t tell you. That’s for you to know and to be honest, you don’t need to feel bad.”

Taeyeon bit her lip. “Maybe I shouldn’t try to build a relationship between me and him.”

On the other side of the door, Jaejoong heard everything. And when she said the last sentence, he suddenly felt a bit of disappointment inside of him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Note~ Hey guys, I don't know when I'll be able to update since I made the school soccer team, um hopefully I'll be able to update every weekend like I have been. But some weeks I might not be able to if I have a lot of homework over the weekend. D8

And I've been thinking, what will you guys think if I make a blogspot all about TaeJae? Like fanworks on them, and things like that.

rosesone - I know! D=

JewlieT_ - Yes! Taeyeon is in the story now! 8D

ah_thien - Haha, same here. Is that a bad thing?? lol.

sjlovessuju - I know...I feel so bad for making his life so miserable. :(