The Deep Blue Water

When You Least Expect It

It was later in the evening and people started to show up at Jaejoong’s and Taeyeon’s home.

Everyone walked in and hung around with the Kim’s and Go’s, but the newlyweds were still upstairs in their rooms.

In fact, Jaejoong was already ready. He was in his room while lying on his bed as he looked up at the white ceiling. He was deep in his thoughts to not even hear the knock at his door.

The knock came again but louder this time. He looked over at his door and yelled out it. “It’s open!”

He watched as the door slowly creaked open as a well dressed lady walked in. When he realized who it was, he quickly sat up on the edge of his bed. “Lina.”

Lina was Mrs. Lee’s daughter.  She’s a year younger than Jaejoong, but she grew up with him. They’re best friends, but Jaejoong considers her like his younger sister since he’s the only child in his family.

“Hey there handsome!” She greeted with a warm smile as she walked over to his bed. A smile formed across Jaejoong’s face as he fixed his hair. “Why aren’t you downstairs greeting your guests?” Lina asked while sitting down next to him.

The smile on Jaejoong’s face faded as the thought of having an after party got through his head. “I’m really not in the mood to greet anyone.”

Lina stared at him for a long moment before letting out one long sigh. “Well then, where’s your wife?”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and shrugged. “How should I know? She was in her room earlier.”

“Well she’s not anymore.” Lina replied back as she shook her head.

This caused Jaejoong to turn his attention to Lina. “She isn’t?”

His friend shook her head. “Nope, and she’s not downstairs either.” A worried expression flashed across Jaejoong’s face and Lina noticed it. “Are you going to go look for her?”

Jaejoong shook his head and shrugged the worry off. “No.”

Half of Lina couldn’t believe what she heard, but the other half could. She knew that Jaejoong was a very nice and caring guy but he was too depressed to care about anyone at the moment. “Jaejoong, I know that all of this is coming so fast and you barely have time to breathe but she is in your hands now.”

He looked up at his friend and then away. “I don’t want anything to do with her.”

“Why are you acting like this?” Lina snapped as she stood up from the bed. “This is not you. You’re only acting this way because you’re upset at the fact that you had to get married to Ara’s cousin.” She shook her head. “Have you ever considered Taeyeon’s feelings about this marriage?”  

When Jaejoong didn’t respond back, she knew the answer. “It hurts me to say this to someone I really care for, but you’re being pathetic.” And with that last sentence, Lina her heals and walked out of Jaejoongs room.

Before long, Jaejoong got up from his bed and slowly walked out of his room and towards the one across. As he made his way there, he heard soft music and chit chatting from downstairs. He blinked a few times before opening the bedroom door slowly. He popped his head in through the opening and quickly scanned the empty room. When he found no one, he softly pushed the door opened and stepped inside. He walked towards the bathroom and yet again, it was empty.

He furrowed his eyebrows before crossing his arms across his chest. He was thinking hard of where she could be. Jaejoong pursed him lips before walking out of her room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As he reached the end of the staircase, he noticed many people talking to others instead of paying any attention to him. He found it a good thing that they didn’t.

He continued his journey to the back of his house but he got stopped a couple of times by elderly people who were friends of his parents.  

“Ah~ Jaejoong!” An elderly guy shouted as he walked over to Jaejoong with a glass of wine. “Congratulations!”

It took a moment before Jaejoong caught on with what he was talking about. “Oh, thank you Mr. Shim.” He forced a smile at the older guy before resuming with what he was doing, but he didn’t get too far because the older man called him back.

“Wait, where is that lovely wife of yours?”

Jaejoong stood there frozen with his back facing the man. He slowly turned and faced the guy. “She’s outside, I’ll go get her so you can meet her.” He smiled once again before walking out through the double glass doors that lead to the back porch.

There was only a small amount of light but it was enough for Jaejoong to see what was outside. He saw no one and decided to walk further down the backyard. He stepped down the porch’s stone staircase and traveled along the stepping stones which led to a fenced in swimming pool that glistened from the moonlight.

He heard swishing sounds and grew curious. He latched opened the gate and walked inside the pool area.

The sound came to a silence when the medal gate clinked shut. It was dark out, but Jaejoong could see the outline of a person who was sitting on the edge of the pool. He decided to stay quiet as he grew closer to the person.

This someone quickly got up from the edge and Jaejoong could hear the shuffling of a dress. It was a girl and Jaejoong had a feeling that it was the lady he was looking for. “Why are you here?” asked Jaejoong as he broke the silence. He could sense her hesitating to answer. “Answer me.”

“I-“ Finally, a sound escaped from . “I just wanted to see the pool.”

Jaejoong stood there silently before speaking again. “Well come inside. People want to meet you.” He turned away and walked towards the gate, but he stopped when he heard a small gasp and a loud splashing sound.

It turned out that Taeyeon had tripped over the foot of a nearby chair that was out in the open and fell into the pool.

Jaejoong turned back around and saw no one behind him. He kept hearing splashing sounds. “Hey!” He shouted out. At first he thought she was joking around. He shouted out to her again. “Hey!”

When there was no response he rolled his eyes from the ‘game’ she was playing. That was until he heard her gasping for air.

His eyes grew wide as he ran over to the edge of the eight feet deep pool.  He didn’t know exactly where she was but he could see the water splashing around and he figured that she was there. He hurriedly took his suit coat off and dived into the pool. He swam over to the splashing noises which slowly faded away. He felt a body under the water and wrapped his arms around the waist. He pushed through the water and reached the surface. He pulled Taeyeon’s body close to his as he swam over to the steps of the pool where he carried her out and laid her on the cement ground.

Jaejoong couldn’t believe what he was thinking but followed his mind anyway. He ended up giving her CPR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was an hour after the incident and the party ended early. Taeyeon was taken into her room and the Kim’s called a doctor in to check up on her.

“She’s alright. She was in a bit of a shock but she should be fine.”

“Thank you Dr. Jung.” Mr. Go said while shaking the doctor’s hand.

Dr. Jung smiled at all of the people present before walking out of the house.

When the door closed, Mr. Kim turned to face his son. “How could you be so irresponsible?”

“Me?” Jaejoong questioned in shock. “How is this my fault? She’s the one who went near the water. She should know whether she can swim or not. I wouldn’t know!”

Mr. Kim didn’t want to start an argument so he ignored his son and walked turned away. Mrs. Lee then took Jaejoong by the arm and hurried him into another room.

“Your father didn’t tell you huh?” She questioned which Jaejoong replied with a confused expression. “Taeyeon’s parents died from a ship wreck. They ended up drowning.”

Jaejoong looked at her in surprise. “How?”

“They’re business people too you know? They were out with the people who were in charge of the submarines. From what I heard, they were talking about partnering up with finding something under the sea. But later that day, a huge storm came and caused a ship wreck. No one survived. About eight people died that day.” Jaejoong stood frozen in front of Mrs. Lee. “She’s not afraid of the water, but she is afraid of being in it.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Note~ Okay, well I had a couple of people who thought that making a TaeJae blog was a good idea. So I decided to go ahead and make one. Uh, it doesn't look like it's for Taeyeon and Jaejoong but that's only because I don't have a picture of them, which I will soon. =)

I hope you TaeJae Lovers support it! Maybe more will support them too?? Anyway, here's the link to the blog.  Please comment in the CBOX if you visit! 8D

When TaeJae's World Collide

AlmightyJaeJoong - Thanks for reading! And you'll have to wait and see!

jcrazilyloved - I know. Thanks for reading!

naydsbeb - Don't worry, I always add some jealousy scenes. =D

ah_thien - I agree!

Taejjang - I'm glad you like it!

nallym - I feel for her too.

JewlieT_ - Thank you! You should try out. =)

sjlovessuju - I know! :(

rosesone - It hurts me too.... =(