First Time

When You Least Expect It

Taeyeon was sitting out on the patio near the pool thinking and sorting things out in her mind. The cool breeze gusted through her hair making it fly to one side of her face. She closed her eyes and listened to the trees and leaves rustling in the yard.

The incident of when Jaejoong interrupted her piano playing kept replaying in her head. She didn’t know what had happened and why he did such a thing. All she knew was that she and Jaejoong were on bad terms with each other.

A few minutes later, she heard footsteps coming at her slowly. Her eyes opened and she turned to where the sound was coming from. She straightened up her posture when she realized that it was Jaejoong.

He stood in front of her with a glass of wine in his hands. Taeyeon noticed that he had just taken a shower because his hair was damp, and he was in a much more casual outfit than his business suit.

Jaejoong looked away and took a few more steps closer towards her. He stopped and bent over the wooden hand rail while looking out into the pool. The flashback from the other night flashed into his head.

A few seconds passed by and Jaejoong turned to Taeyeon who was still standing there uncomfortably. “Why are you near the pool when you can’t swim?”

Taeyeon was surprised by the question. “I like the water…” She replied in a shaky voice.

Jaejoong studied her face but shook his head and softly gave a mocking laugh. He finished the last drop of his wine and turned to walk away.

As he walked into the house, Taeyeon closed her eyes and wished that she had never said that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few moments after Jaejoong walked into the house, the doorbell had rung. He tilted his head and cocked his eyebrows while staring at the door straight across from him. He wasn’t expecting any visitors.

He opened the door and slowly revealed a very feminine looking man. “H-Heechul?”

The man at the door smiled brightly in return. “Ah~ Jaejoong! How have you been?”

Jaejoong was in shock and surprise that it took a moment for him to answer. “I’ve been good. What are you doing here? Weren’t you in France?”

Heechul nodded and pulled down his sunglasses away from his face. “Yes I was. But I’ve decided to come and visit my family members. May I come in?”

Jaejoong hesitantly nodded before allowing Heechul to walk in with his luggages. “I’ve heard that you married my younger cousin.” Heechul said while breaking the awkward silence as he checked the house out with his eyes.

“Yes, but not Ara.” Jaejoong replied while mumbling the last part of his sentence.

Heechul quickly snapped his head in Jaejoong’s direction. “That was inappropriate!” Jaejoong’s mouth had slightly opened as he tried to understand Heechul’s words clearly. “I know that you didn’t marry Ara.”

“I just thought-“

“Well you thought wrong!” Heechul blurted out as he interrupted Jaejoong. “You probably thought that just because I was in France that I didn’t know about Ara’s death….am I right?”

Jaejoong nodded in reply. Since Heechul was the older one, Jaejoong had to watch his manners. 

“Well, she is my cousin; I have the right to know what happened to her.” Heechul responded before changing the subject. “Now where’s my other cousin who is also your wife?”

Jaejoong’s eyes suddenly darkened. “She’s in the back.”

Heechul stared at him then forced a slight grin before heading out towards the back. “Taeyeon!”

The girl spun around on her heels and widened her eyes in disbelief. “Heechul oppa!” She yelled while running towards him to throw her arms around his body. She felt tears forming in her eyes from the thought of having someone who cared for her right in front of her eyes.

“Taengoo!” Heechul shouted back while embracing her tightly.

“I thought you were in France.”

“I was. Can I not visit my cousin?” He questioned while giving her a look.

Taeyeon pulled away and shook her head. “No, that’s not what I meant. I’m so happy that you’re here!”

Heechul smiled, but it soon faded away when he noticed the water building up in her eyes making them glisten. “What’s wrong?”

Taeyeon quickly covered her eyes and wiped the tears away while shaking her head to tell him that nothing was wrong.

Heechul didn’t believe her so he grabbed her arm and walked her into the house. On the way inside, they passed Jaejoong who was leaning on the door frame with his jaw clenched together. To make it seem like he wasn’t so desperate to hear what they were going to talk about, he continued to stare out into the yard beyond the pool. As he stared out, the picture of seeing tears well up in Taeyeon’s eyes made him want to apologize for the way he’s been acting. He wanted to apologize, but his mind wouldn’t let him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now 12:00 a.m. Heechul was sound asleep in his room and Taeyeon was down in the kitchen. She was eating the cookies that she baked a few hours before she went to sleep. It was her late night snack habit.

While she ate a piece of the chocolate chip cookie that was in her hand, she heard some footsteps coming down the stairs. She didn’t really care about who it was so she continued to eat the cookies and drink the glass of milk.

When the person walked into the kitchen, she turned and saw Jaejoong standing there with a t-shirt and boxers on. “What are you doing?” He asked while giving her a confused expression.

“Eating.” Taeyeon replied with a confident attitude. After the talk she had with Heechul, she’s more confident in standing up for herself in front of Jaejoong.

Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows at her and walked towards the empty stool that she was sitting next to. He sat down and leaned on his arms that were placed on the kitchen island.

Since the atmosphere was so awkward and full of tension, Taeyeon slid the plate towards Jaejoong. “Do you want one?”

Jaejoong looked down at the plate before taking a cookie off the top and biting into it. “Why are you even up?” He questioned after taking a few bites of the cookie.

Taeyeon sighed. “It’s a habit of mine to have a late night snack at 12. Since I was a teen, I’d bake cookies just hours before I’d go to sleep and then wake up and eat it.”

After hearing what she had just said, Jaejoong turned to her with a very stern look. “Ara…” Ara used to do the same exact thing too. She would bake a batch of cookies and wake up to eat it. She and Jaejoong would both have the snack together.

“She does it too, but I feel bad for making it a habit for her.” Taeyeon interrupted. When she moved in with Ara, she got her cousin addicted to waking up for a cookie in the middle of the night.

Jaejoong shook his head refusing to believe that Taeyeon had this habit of Ara’s as well. And the fact that she was the one to make Ara have this habit made it worse. “This isn’t true. Why are you always trying to do things like Ara?”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. “Do things like Ara?” She repeated. “I am not doing anything like her. These are my habits and my hobbies! Are you seriously going to make me stop eating if I eat the same things Ara did?”

“Don’t raise your voice at me.” Jaejoong snapped.

“Then don’t accuse me of “stealing” Ara’s habits, characteristics and hobbies.” Taeyeon hopped off the stool and walked away without looking back at Jaejoong.

He on the other hand was very shocked to hear Taeyeon speak up for herself for the first time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Note~ Hey guys! Sorry for the late update because I didn't update last week. But I hope you all read and support this new TaeJae Fanfic, Secret Life written by yoyosneezers1

And also don't forget to comment down below and tell me what you think of this chapter. =D

But I also need help with two of my other fanfics. "Living With the Enemy" and "Secrets". They are definitely not very popular and they are quite boring in my opinion. So i need two co-athours. One for each story. If you would like to be my co-author, please make a post on my wall and tell me which story you would like to help out with. I would also like a reason to why you want to help out, why I should pick you and I'll need some examples from you. (Stories, one-shots, etc.)

Please and thank you!