Chapter 1

HenMi - Sunny Day

That day was a sunny day.

 

That day, I had something to do, instead of just staying home all day and doing nothing like I usually did.

 

That day, I was supposed to go somewhere with my friend, his boyfriend and the friend of his boyfriend. Just hanging out, not really doing anything.

 

Then, can someone explain to me why I was here, waiting for my friend and his boyfriend, with the friend of the boyfriend of my friend to keep me company?

 

I had the weird impression that hey had done this on purpose. Kyu knew I had left Sungmin three months ago, and I had this weird impression that he wanted me to have a boyfriend again. And not anyone.

 

The guy who was waiting with me was tall. He was tall, very handsome and he was Chinese. He had told me his name was Zhou Mi. He was Ryeowook’s friend - Ryeowook being Kyu’s boyfriend - and he was waiting for the couple to arrive too.

 

After thirty minutes of waiting, we both understood that they didn’t plan to come and they had set this for us to meet. I sighed and looked at Zhou Mi, who was already looking at me.

 

“So… do you want to go back home? Because it doesn’t seem like they will show up and we don’t know each other…”

 

“No, it’s okay, let’s just go! Unless you wanted to go home?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“Nah, but I thought that maybe you…”

 

“I don’t, so let’s just have fun today! And we’ll learn to know each other during the day anyways.”

 

I nodded and he took my hand to pull me behind him in the crowd so we wouldn’t lose each other. I blushed softly when his fingers slid between mine and I blushed even more when he turned to me and smiled brightly.

 

That day was a sunny day. But his smile was even brighter than the sun. He smiled so brightly I just had to smile too.

 

“Do you like it? When I hold your hand like this.”

 

It took a while before I understood he was talking to me. It’s not like there were other people to talk to, but I wasn’t used to this guy talking to me yet.

 

“Oh, um… yeah. I… I like it.”

 

His smile became brighter - how was this even possible? - and he seemed very happy.

 

“That’s good! Because I like to hold your hand. Actually, I’m a very clingy person so, sorry if I hug you today and stuff…”

 

“Oh. It’s okay. I guess I’ll just get used to it eventually.”

 

He nodded and I frowned once he started looking in front of him again. ‘Get used to it’? Why would I get used to it? It’s not like we planned to see each other after this…

 

“Oh, look at this! It’s so cute!”

 

Huh? Cute? I looked around us, searching for a ‘cute’ thing, until I saw that he was pointing at a sparkly shirt through the window of a shop. I raised a brow. ‘Cute’?

 

“Oh… yeah?”

 

He laughed softly and entered the shop, pulling me behind him. I followed, not exactly forced to, but almost, though I didn’t really mind, and I smiled when he started bouncing in happiness here and there, choosing clothes he wanted to try out. Sometimes he would ask me my opinion and I would laugh softly, telling him I wasn’t really good at telling if clothes fit people or not.

 

We left the store after thirty minutes. Zhou Mi was happily holding two bags full of clothes and I wondered what kind of job he had to be able to afford all of these. Especially since he didn’t always choose the cheapest clothes.

 

We entered two other clothes paradises after that. In the last one, Zhou Mi suddenly decided that it was my turn to get new clothes. I tried telling him that I didn’t have a lot of money but he made an adorable aegyo face.

 

“If you don’t have money to spend on new clothes, then I’ll pay. Okay?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“There is NO way I’ll make you pay for my clothes.”

 

“But you won’t have them if I don’t pay. So I’ll pay.”

 

“Don’t!”

 

I tried to make sure he wouldn’t buy them. But, of course, he never listened to me and he simply bought the clothes while I was in the fitting room, after I had showed that the size was right and that I looked good in these clothes. I sighed and pouted when we left the store.

 

“Why did you buy them? I told you not to!”

 

“But you looked so good with these on! You look good even without them, but the clothes were a little extra.”

 

I blushed softly.

 

“You really think so?”

 

“That you look good? Of course!”

 

I softly squeezed his fingers between mine.

 

“You look good too.”

 

And his smile brighter than the sun, when he heard what I had just said, made my heart melt.