Chapter 2

When The Sun Goes Down

“What is he doing here…ugh what do I do.”

“Hyoyeon..what are you doing, come here.” Tiffany said.

“o-oh…sorry.” Hyoyeon said while walking toward Tiffany.

“Hey.” Hyoyeon said.

“Hey, Hyoyeon..oh let me introduce you to Eunhyuk…Eunhyuk, this is Hyoyeon.” Tiffany said.

“Uh..Hi.” Eunhyuk smiled brightly while waving.

“…hi.” Hyoyeon said.

“Eunhyuk?..I need to stay away from him.”Hyoyeon glared at him.

“Omg, are you out by yourself” Tiffany asked while covering .

“Yea…while kinda, Ms. Choi is actually behind me.” Hyoyeon explained.

“I don’t see her.” Tiffany denied.

“What..but..” Hyoyeon blurted while turning around.

Hyoyeon tried to look for Ms. Choi but couldn’t find her. She realizes she’s alone and starts to panic.

“She left me again, what the hell.” Hyoyeon pouted.

“Hyoyeon, it’s okay, you’re safe with us and plus your skills are getting better, right” Tiffany said with smile.

“Uhh..yea thanks, Tiffany.” Hyoyeon said.

“Is she one of those weak humans?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Yea, she’s too focus on her school work...but she decided to train more so she won’t become an easy target”, Tiffany explained.

“Ahhh…I see.” Eunhyuk said with a grin.

“What are you smiling about?” Hyoyeon barked.

“…nothing.” Eunhyuk replied.

Tiffany was busy talking to someone. While Hyoyeon was still looking for Ms. Choi.

“Uh..guys, I have to be somewhere. I’ll talk to you guys later.” Tiffany said.

“..but what about me?” Hyoyeon asked.

“ohh, Eunhyuk, can you stay with her?” Tiffany asked.

“Yea, sure.” Eunhyuk replied.

Hyoyeon didn’t want to be near Eunhyuk but she also didn’t want bother Tiffany. Eunhyuk started staring at her. Hyoyeon noticed him staring at her and she felt worried.

 “Umm..I can take care of myself, thanks for the offer, bye.” Hyoyeon said and walked off.

She walked in an empty, dark hallway. “Ugh, what a weird guy.” Hyoyeon thought. She started feeling hungry. “Where’s the vending machine?” she asked herself.

All of a sudden, she heard footsteps behind her. “Oh no, is someone following me?” she thought. “What if it’s a vampire?” she continually thought. She reached the vending machine and still continues to hear the footsteps. She bends down to take her snack and stands back up.

Suddenly she felt someone was next to her. She froze for a second when she heard a whisper, “What is a hopeless girl like you doing in a place like this?”

With her eyes wide open, she slowly turns around and finds no one there. Hyoyeon thought she was just imagining things and heads back to the library. But she still hears footsteps behind her.

She stops and stands there for a second. Then she turns around. As she turns back around, Eunhyuk appears front of her. “AHHH!” she screamed, before falling on her .

“Whoa, are you okay?” Eunhyuk asks as he pulls her up. As their faces were close, they stared into each other’s eyes. Hyoyeon pushes him away and yells, “What’s your problem...why are you still playing games with me.”

“What are you talking about?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Don’t act all innocent, you were following me to the vending machine!” she stated angrily.

“What…I just arrived now.” he explained.

“What…really?”

“Yea.”

“Then who was behind me?”she asked herself. 

“Did you turn around to see who it was?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Yea, but there was no one there.” Hyoyeon explained.

“Oh, it was probably a vampire, no need to worry.” He said.

“Wha-what?!..no need to worry?” she shouted.

 “Even though you’re still weaker than others, you should still know some self-defense…unless you’re too scared?” he teased.

“Scared? Ha!..no, I’m not scared.” She stated.

“..yea you are, that look on your face explains it.” He said while laughing.

“Shut up, go away!” she said angrily.

The two walked back to the library. Hyoyeon couldn’t stop thinking about who was behind her. Eunhyuk stared at her and started laughing. “Are you still thinking about it?” he asked.

“Uhh..no.” Hyoyeon denied.

“Don’t let get it to you, I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine.”

“Oh..okay, thanks.” She said.

“Well, bye.” Eunhyuk waved bye and left.

“…he’s doesn’t seem that bad.”She thought and entered the library.

Ms. Choi saw Hyoyeon and covered her ears. Hyoyeon just walked passed her. “What..isn’t she going to yell at me?” Ms. Choi thought. “Hyoyeon, aren’t you going to yell at me?” she asked.

“Why would I do that?” Hyoyeon said.

“Cause you’re crazy…” Ms. Choi mumbled.

“..What?”

“Oh, nothing.” Ms. Choi replied with a forced smile.

As Eunhyuk was walking off from saying bye to Hyoyeon, he stopped for a moment and saw someone staring at Hyoyeon while entering the library.

“Eunhyuk!” Tiffany shouted while running up to him.

Eunhyuk looked away and waved to Tiffany.

“Oh, you’re back?” Eunhyuk said.

“Yea.” Tiffany replied.

Eunhyuk looked back to look for that person but he vanished. Eunhyuk tried looking for him but no signs.

“Who are you looking for?” Tiffany asked.

“…this suspicious guy, I caught him staring at Hyoyeon when I said bye to her but now he vanished.” He explained.

“What...really, that’s creepy maybe he likes her or something.” Tiffany said.

“How come I have a bad feeling about that guy?” Eunhyuk thought.

It was quarter after 9. Curfew time for the students was around 10pm. Hyoyeon and other humans who were in the library all headed to their dorms. They walked out of building A with their bags; Hyoyeon was the last one to leave. Then suddenly, she heard footsteps. It kept getting closer and closer.

“!” Hyoyeon blurted out and ran directly to her building. She reached the building and ran up to her dorm. She looked back for a second and saw a dark figure standing outside. “..Who was that?!” she said while gasping for air.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                              Thanks for reading. Chapter 3 will be up soon! :)