Chapter 16

When The Sun Goes Down

omg, I'm sorry for not updating. I'm such a lazy person >.<

=============================================================

 

It’s an hour before midnight. As Hyoyeon is dreaming, she sees herself standing and crying with her arm out, desperately trying to reach something. Across from her, is a mysterious man with red, gloomy eyes; telling her to leave, “GO! Leave!”

Hyoyeon quickly wakes up, shocked. She rises up and touches her face, “GO! Leave!” as the voice echoes in her head. “Why am I dreaming about this again? Why is he telling me to leave?” She wonders. She’s frightened and confused at the same time but she can’t keep worrying about this now, she has exams tomorrow. “I should just forget it. I can’t mess up on my exams.”

 

Finally exam day, Hyoyeon and Sunny leave for class. “Good luck!” Sunny smiles. “You too!” Hyoyeon waves. Hyoyeon goes to her seat. She gets a text from Eunhyuk. “Do well. :)” She smiles, and texts him back, “Thanks. You too. :)” Ms. Kim comes in with exams in her hand. “Morning class, are you guys nervous about today? Don’t be, I’m sure you guys will do well. After you finish the exams, we’ll go to the gym for the self-defense exam. This semester is coming to an end. You guys will be graduating soon. Good luck.” She smiles and passes the exams out.

Hyoyeon glances at Kibum, “Good luck.” She smiles.

“I don’t need luck.” He scoffed.

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes.

 

After Hyoyeon was finished, she heads to the gym for the self-defense exam. “Hyoyeon.” the coach called her up. “Already? Fine, let’s get this over with.” She confidently stepped on the map. “Now I’ll have to choose an attacker...” the teacher looked around to choose someone. He points at Kibum, “You. Be her partner.” Kibum smirks and comes on the map. Hyoyeon gets surprised that he’s going to be the attacker. “Well..I guess we’re partners again.” Kibum winks at her. “Whatever.” She gives him a fake smile. Eunhyuk, Sunny, and Sungmin enter the gym. “Oh look! Hyoyeon’s first.” Sunny points. They get up closer. Hyoyeon glances to her right and finds Eunhyuk smiling at her. She waves at him. “I guess she has to go against someone.” Sungmin said. Eunhyuk looks to the other side to see Hyoyeon’s opponent. His smile slowly disappears when he finds out it’s Kibum. “Why is she going against that guy? He seems too strong.” Sunny gets worried. “I guess he was chosen. It’ll be fine, Hyoyeon will win.” Sungmin replies.

“Alright, you get two chances. If you fail them both, you fail the test. But if you pass one, then you succeeded. Start, when you hear the bell.” The coach explains. Hyoyeon and Kibum both nod.

The bell rings.

Kibum steps forward while smirking. Hyoyeon gets in position and closely watches Kibum’s every move. Everyone quietly watches them, waiting for the attack to start. Then Kibum gets closer and closer, reaching for Hyoyeon’s shoulder. Hyoyeon quickly blocks his hand. Everyone watching get excited, “Omg, this is gonna be good.” a guy said. “She’s definitely going to fail, she’s too weak.” a girl laughed. Kibum then walks toward Hyoyeon and reaches for her arm. Hyoyeon tries to block it but fails. He grabs her arm and pulls her up to him. Hyoyeon eyes widens as he smirks at her. Their faces were too close to each other and they stayed like that for six seconds. “Are they going to kiss?!” one kid blurted out. Eunhyuk’s eyebrows plunged into a frown as he clenches his fist. Sungmin glances at Eunhyuk, “Are you okay, dude?” Eunhyuk doesn’t answer back. He just quietly glares at them. Hyoyeon tries to back off but Kibum is holding her tightly. Then he turns her quickly into a bear hug. As he gripping on her body, he leans toward her ears and whispers, “Weak.” Hyoyeon gets mad, “What?!” “Alright, round one over!” the coach steps in. Kibum pushes Hyoyeon and grins. “She failed this round. She only has one chance now!” Sunny gets frustrated. “Calm down. She’s going to pass, don’t worry.” Sungmin holds Sunny’s hands. “Hyoyeon! Use what I taught you!” Eunhyuk shouts. Hyoyeon smiles and nods. Kibum glances at Eunhyuk and scoffs, “I’ll mark her mine.” “You guys ready? Round two, start!” the coach rings the bell. Now, this is when the real game begins. The tension starts to rise. Everyone’s eyes glued on them as they got into position. Kibum starts slowly walking forward. Hyoyeon walks back. He gets closer and closer; then grabs her arm. He pulls her up again into a bear hug. But Hyoyeon steps on his foot to stop him repeatedly. Kibum tries to step back because of the pain but Hyoyeon steps forward with her left foot and twist her body anti-clockwise. She takes her right arm behind his back and slightly carries him on her back. She then quickly flips him on the map hard. Kibum lies there shocked by her technique, “What the…” Everyone gets surprised, “Kibum lost?” a guy laughed. They laughed as they cheered for Hyoyeon. “Omg! She did it!” Sunny kept jumping. “Hyoyeon, you’ve passed!” The coached shakes her hand. Hyoyeon gets excited and smiles, “Thank you.” She goes to Kibum and lends her hand to help him up but he slaps her hand away. He gets up. Hyoyeon looks at him confused, “What? You wanted me to fail?” He glares at her, “Did your stupid boyfriend teach you this?” “What?” She gets mad. “You embarrassed me in front of everyone!” He shouts at her. Hyoyeon gets shocked, “What are you talking about? I had to do that to pass. What do you want me to do?” He smirks, grabs her chin and leans in, “I'll make your life a living hell. You’ll see.” And he walks off. Hyoyeon rubs her chin, “What is he talking about?”

Eunhyuk walks up to Hyoyeon, “What’s wrong?” “Huh, ohh nothing.” She smiled.

 “We seriously need to celebrate.” Sungmin said.

“Yea, since the exams are over and everyone passed, what about a little party?” Sunny smiled.

“Yea, sounds cool.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“You guys can invite the others and come over to my place.” Eunhyuk said.

“Okay. Then it’s set.” Sungmin said.

 

Hyoyeon and Sunny head to Eunhyuk’s room.

“Hey, come in.” Sungmin said.

“We bought some stuff.” Hyoyeon said.

“Thanks.” Eunhyuk smiled.

“Tiffany and Key will be coming.” Sunny said.

“Hey!” Key knocks on the door.

“They’re already here.” Hyoyeon laughed.

“Hi guys, congrats Hyoyeon on your exam!” Tiffany hugged her.

“Tiffany! You too.”

“Yes, I’m hungry!” Key runs to the food.

They all sit on the floor, “Key, share some!” Tiffany laughed.

“So, how did you beat that guy?” Key asked.

“What..oh you mean Kibum?” Hyoyeon said.

“Yea, that jerk.” Tiffany said.

“Well..i had a private tutor.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Really, who?” Tiffany asked.

“Me.” Eunhyuk said as he passed Hyoyeon a piece of cake.

“Thanks.” Hyoyeon smiles.

Eunhyuk smiles back.

“Aww..you guys seem so perfect for each other.” Tiffany smiled.

“Yea, they do.” Key agrees.

“..yea, they even kissed.” Sunny muttered.

“…huh kiss?” Sungmin looks at Sunny confused.

Sunny looks at Hyoyeon, scared that she heard it. “Nothing, nothing.” She shakes her head.

“Okay…” Sungmin continues drinking his soda.

“What are you guys talking about over there? Something dirty?” Key glances at Sungmin.

Sungmin points at Sunny, “She was talking about kissing?”

“Kissing? Wow, do we need to leave you two alone?” Tiffany smiles.

Hyoyeon starts to blush, remembering the accidental kiss she had with Eunhyuk. She glances at Eunhyuk. Key looks at her, “Why’s your face red?!” Eunhyuk looks at her and laughs. “What..” Hyoyeon tries to cover her face. “It’s really red. Are you sick?” Eunhyuk touches her forehead gently. Hyoyeon’s eyes widens and her heart starts beating fast. “Why am I feeling like this?” “Look, it got redder.” Key points and laughs. Hyoyeon quickly hides her face, “Shut up, Key!”

“Are you allergic to something?” Tiffany asked.

“..huh, no.” Hyoyeon replies.

“Then why’s your face like that?” Key smirks.

Hyoyeon glares at him, “I’m just feeling hot. That’s all!”

“If you want, we can go out and get some fresh air.” Eunhyuk smiles.

Hyoyeon nods, “Okay.”

“I’m coming too..”Key tries to get up and go but Tiffany drags him down.

“Just leave them.” Tiffany said.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!! I'll update in a few days.