Final Chapter

MINE

 

Alright, I caved. I’m just as excited to let you guys read the ending ^^ I decided that I worked so hard on this story, that both boys deserved an ending. Didn’t see that one coming did ya? Hehehe. Everyone gets to be happy, yay! And I don’t have to terrorize myself with a choice haha. Hope you like both of the final chapters! 

 

 

Chen’s ending

 

“I...” This was it. You had to make a final choice: sweet Chen or beautiful Kris.

“I pick Chen,” Chen’s broad smile of relief was well received. Kris had a momentary look of horror and then it was replaced with his polite mask he called a smile.

“I understand,” Kris turned towards Chen. “I know you’ll treat her well.” Kris walked out of Ashley’s backyard. You felt a sense of loss but you were satisfied with your choice. Chen was dependable. He had proven to you that he would be there for you. That’s what you really wanted.

Chen took a hold of your hand and kissed the back of it. “Thank you for choosing me. I put on a brave front but I was terrified you’d pick Kris. I know how a lot of girls find him beyond attractive.”

“I’m not that kind of girl, I told you that. I appreciate what’s in here,” You place your hand on his chest over his heart.

Chen smiles that curly smile you know and love, “And here I thought you liked my cheekbones.”

“Those are definitely a plus. They’re the second reason I chose you,” you tease.

Chen laughs, delighted. “You’re always surprising me. I love that about you.”

You get really serious for a moment. There was an important question you needed to ask. “What if you remove the that and about?”

Chen pulls you close, your forehead’s touching, “Yes, absolutely yes. I love you, _______. I’m not afraid to let everyone know.” Chen gives you a quick kiss and runs to stand on a picnic table, ignoring the annoyed guest’s stares. One the top of his lungs he yells “Excuse me everyone one, I, Chen Kim, love _____ ______!”

You duck your head in embarrassment. You were secretly happy, though. It was like both of you could be free with your emotions. You knew you could say anything to Chen now.

You hear a big whoop and Victoria comes out with Henry in tow, both their hair a mess. “You treat my girl good Chen. Don’t act too romantic in front of me. I might get jealous.”

“Hey, I'm romantic,” Henry protests.

Victoria snorts, “You’re idea of romantic is lighting some candles while we have . Chen serenades his girls. You just can’t compete.”

Chen jumps off of the picnic table and lowly speaks to you, “Let’s get out of here. I want to take you some where’s special.”

You nod and yell to Victoria that you are leaving. She barely notices because she’s back to face with Henry. You find yourself happy to leave.

Chen and you walk I comfortable bliss until you reach an old brick apartment building. “This is my place,” Chen explains.

“Chen...”

Chen laughs nervously and blushes adorably. “No, don’t get the wrong idea! We’re not going to my apartment.” He guides you around the building, to a fire escape. Chen follows up the steps behind you to make sure you don’t get hurt. You arrive at the top and are nicely surprised at the set up. There’s a comfy looking swinging bench where you could sit and see the whole city lay out before you.

“I sit up here to think, sometimes,” Chen tells you. You both sit down and Chen instantly puts his arm around you, drawing you as close as physically possible. You snuggle into the crook of his neck, inhaling Chen’s unique smell.

“Well, Cinderella, this is it: my castle, my kingdom, my heart. This is all your Prince Charming has to offer.”

You keep silent, watching the sky darken with rain clouds. You gasp as lightning paints the sky in jagged edges and thunder claps faintly behind it. The storm was far away that you could appreciate its beauty without being scared. “I don’t think Cinderella could ask for a more perfect ending.”

“There’s one more thing missing,” Chen murmurs. He tips your head back to give you a heart-melting kiss. “There. Now everything’s perfect.” Chen says with his beautiful, sweet, loving, curly smile of his.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris’s Ending

 

“I...” this was it. You had to make a final choice: sweet Chen or beautiful Kris.

“I pick Kris,” You watch Chen smile that curly smile one last time, with a hint of sorrow showing through his eyes. Kris sweeps by Chen and cuts your view of him as he envelopes you in a bone-crunching hug.

“You’re the only girl for me,” Kris says, loud enough for your ears only.

You gently push Kris away to turn to Chen. “I’m sorry Chen. I should have told you about Kris.”

“I’m sorry as well,” Chen looks sternly at Kris, “If you don’t dote on her like the princess she is, I’m coming after you.” The boys exchange handshakes and fist bumps.

You watch Chen step out of your life forever with pain in your heart. You’ll always cherish your time with Chen. But Kris was the one who you had the electric feeling with. His heart-felt confession had really changed your feelings that day. It just took you a while to realize it.

“You’re sure about this? You won’t regret it later?” Kris asks, allowing a rare moment of uncertainty to show.

“For someone who’s so confident about his outward appearance, you sure doubt your insides a lot. What does your heart tell you?”

Kris’s face lights up with a beautiful smile, eyes crinkling, “It tells me I love you.”

You decide it’s time for some payback. You try to look forlorn as you say, “There could be a problem then,” You watch as Kris holds his breath, waiting for your next sentence. “Because I love you too.”

“I don’t deserve you,” Kris sighs, then gives you a look. You know you’re in for some trouble now. “Don't you ever do that to me again,” he says and gives you a scorching kiss.

You smile, happy and dazed at the same time. Kris looks deep into your eyes and you hope he can see the love your heart is spilling over with right now. “I’m going to live the rest of my life with the goal of making you smile like that every day.”

Before you can tell Kris what a great idea that was, Victoria ruins your moment.

“I knew she’d pick you. I knew it the moment you walked into the coffee shop. You are one fine piece of—”

You cut Victoria off before she starts babbling on how great Kris was. You didn’t need Kris’s ego getting any bigger than it already was.

Victoria grins sheepishly, “Sorry. I’ve been dipping into the liquor today,” she directs to Kris. She turns to you and slings her arm around you, “You’re a lucky guy, to win my _______. Why, I remember when she was all starry-eyed over your beautiful face.”

“That’s great Victoria. We’ll reminisce another time,” You warn her, feeling your face get warm.

“I want to hear this,” Kris grins.

“Oh no, we’ve got much better things to do,” You decline and grab Kris’s arm before Victoria spills anymore of your secrets.

“Do everything I would do!” Victoria yells, flipping the saying backwards.

“I wouldn’t be able to do half the things you’re capable of doing,” You mutter to yourself.

“Are we going back to your place?” asks Kris, putting on a pretense of innocence. “Because I’ve never been there. Do you have a big bed?”

“I have no intentions of taking you to my place. I just wanted to get out of there before Victoria said something she’d regret later.”

“You mean something you’d regret later,” Kris shrugs nonchalantly, “That’s okay. My place is just as good. I’ve got a mirrored ceiling.”

You look at Kris with a mixture of curiosity, shock and disgust. Kris begins to laugh, clutching his stomach while the laughter tumbles from his mouth in a stunning symphony. He even wipes tears from his eyes. “That was perfect. The best expression yet. I live for these moments.”

You find your anger surfacing. Kris takes another look at your face and stops laughing. “I wasn’t serious. Come on, don’t be angry! I love you, remember?” You soften slightly at that remark.

“I’ve got an idea,” says Kris as he reaches for your hand. You look down and watch as he swings your linked fingers like a happy child. You feel complete at the sight of this picture. The two of you were real now. “Let’s go on a real date. I’ll make-up for the last one. This time I know that you want my heart more than jewelry.”