A Question

Starting off on the Wrong Foot

Chapter 25 – A Question

 

“Yonghwa where are we?” Seohyun asked. “Oh and hold this too,” she ordered, ing the bouquet into his arms.

“Ugh, carry it yourself. If I wanted to carry it I would have bought it for myself and not for you. Lazy…” he groaned. In the end, he couldn’t resist Seohyun’s small pout and ended up carrying it. In reality he was just worried that she would flip out and start yelling like she always did.

“Women...” he mumbled to himself.

“I heard that, by the way. Seriously though where are we going?” she insisted asking.

“Calm your woman, you’ll see when we get there,” he joked.

“Ew don’t say stuff like that you ert. There’s people around and I’m famous you know. If they see me linking arms with a ert like you they’ll start to ditch me. I was just wondering where we were going because if it’s a place with a lot of people we are going to attract lots of attention,” she pointed out.

“Today it’s just me and you. Forget everyone else and just have fun. We’re going to a lot of places so you better be ready to walk around a lot. I don’t feel like carrying you around,” he said in a rude tone. If she didn’t know better she would think that he was saying something about her weight.

After their small argument they silently kept walking in what seemed like no particular direction. Seohyun looked up at Yonghwa who was staring intently at the view in front of him, most likely going through his plan for today in his head. Then she realized that it didn’t matter where they went as long as they were together. Even though she felt hurt every time she thought about him leaving her, she knew he wouldn’t be doing it any time soon. Even if they just walked arm in arm all over Seoul for the rest of the day, to her it would be the perfect date.

“We’re here,” Yonghwa said, causing her to look forward. Although she didn’t know the way exactly to the place they had just arrived, she recognized it on the spot. One of the biggest amusement parks in Korea and even all of Asia, Lotte World, stood proudly in front of them. Although just a moment before she was telling herself that it didn’t matter where they went, she felt a little disappointed. She didn’t have anything in particular in mind, but they had already gone to an amusement park once.

“Lotte world huh?” she asked.

“Yeah, I thought it would be fitting to come here since we had so much fun during the last ‘date’ we had at the other amusement park. I know how much you loved it,” he said with a smile. “Trust me today is a day you’ll never forget.”

“Alright,” she said rather forcedly. She wasn’t ungrateful, but she supposed it would still be fun. Yonghwa was always a dense idiot, so she told herself not to expect anything to big and fancy for today.

“Let’s head on in,” Yonghwa said happily. Seeing him as happy as he was made Seohyun feel a little bad and selfish. Even though he was the one that left, he must have felt terrible over the past few years. This is probably the first chance he’s had to have fun since all that time he spent with Ye Ji. Even if it wasn’t enough for her, she would have to deal with it for his sake.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Three hours passed by in a flash. Pictures were taken, laughs were shared, and insults were thrown around over the course of the day. Seohyun forgot little by little the things that had been on her mind upon arriving. Like she had told herself in the beginning, it didn’t matter what they did as long as it was together. Yonghwa sat down on a bench at the food court, panting after running away from Seohyun for nearly 10 minutes.

“YAH! Byuntae! Get back here, you’re dead!” she yelled from across the food court. “When I get a hold of you you’ll wish you hadn’t brought me here.” Yonghwa would have normally yelled back, but he couldn’t possibly yell and breathe at the same time. Finally Seohyun caught up to him and barraged him with a few more yells and fake punches.

“Why the hell are you doing that?” he asked finally having regained his breath. “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

“You slapped my , how is that not wrong? Who said we were on that level of a relationship? We were in public too, what if a paparazzi saw us?” she questioned seriously.

“Then you tell him you’re my woman? I don’t know why you don’t know the answer to that question. I own you, therefore I can touch whatever part of you I want,” he boldly replied. His boldness left her speechless and unable to respond.

“What a proud jerk… Tch, this guy is still the same old kid from before,” she joked in her head. While he could be as annoying as an elementary school student sometimes, she was glad that Yonghwa was still the same guy she met all those years back.

“There is no way I’m going to beat you in an argument so I’m just going to let that slide,” she stated in a victorious tone, trying as hard as she could to make it seem like she had won that battle.

“Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, that could only mean one thing,” he said while wiggling his eyebrows. “You liked it!” Seohyun felt her face warm up and tried as hard as she could to keep the blush from slowly creeping onto her face.

“Ugh, you’re such a ert. Anyways, what now?” she asked rather rudely. Yonghwa was slightly taken aback by the tone she was using. By now he had realized that Seohyun was only trying to please him by having fun. Although she was laughing and playing around just as much as him, she wasn’t having as much fun as she should be having. He was happy that she was doing that for him, but it made him feel a little guilty and useless for not being able to pick something that was better than that.

“I think now we should…” he began before being cut off by a beep from his cell phone.

“Yo, I’m here. Where should I meet you?” a familiar male voice asked.

“Um, I’ll send it to you in a text. Be there in five minutes, it’ll be ready then,” Yonghwa replied.

“Alright, will do,” the voice agreed before cutting the call.

“Who was that?” she asked with curiosity in her voice. Yonghwa ignored her question and fiddled with the keys on his phone, sending the text he promised to send just a few seconds ago.

“I have a favor to ask you.” He dug around in the backpack he was carrying and pulled out a black cloth. “Wear this around your eyes for now,” he commanded as he zipped the bag up. “No, I’m not pulling any tricks just wear it and don’t question it. Before she could open in protest she saw black and felt the blindfold envelop her eyes.

“Yonghwa…” she groaned. “You better hope you aren’t pulling anything right now or you’re dead.”

“Ugh, do you ever stop complaining?” he teased in response. “I’ll be right back, don’t go anywhere. Don’t look until I tell you, and don’t say a word until I come back. Got it?” After seeing her nod in response he stood up and headed off in a direction she couldn’t see.

After a five minute wait, she felt a presence next to her. It was probably Yonghwa, but she couldn’t really tell for sure. She would have asked who it was, but Yonghwa had told her to not talk until she was able to see again. It was a little uncomfortable not knowing who it was, but something told her the person was familiar. She heard a slight shifting around and the presence moved to the right of her, invading her personal space.

“Alright you can take off the blindfold now,” Yonghwa told her. As she untied the ends, the person sitting beside her, held her in a tight embrace. She knew for sure it wasn’t Yonghwa since his voice came from a different direction and she knew what Yonghwa’s hugs felt like. This only made her more eager to untie that cloth obscuring her view.

“It’s been a while,” the man hugging her told her when she finally opened her eyes. Seohyun just stared at his face with wide open but unable to make a sound. She turned and noticed Yonghwa smiling endearingly at her while the other man hugged her. Next to Yonghwa was a friend she made four years back. It was a tall, brown haired girl with a killer figure but a cute face.

Finally, after almost two minutes of awkward silence, sound came out of her. “Jin…Jin…Jinwoon? Jung Jinwoon? Is this for real?” she stuttered.

“Yeah stupid, how could I not be real?” he joked in response. “If you don’t want to see me then fine, I’ll leave. Comon guys let’s go have some fun and ditch this ungrateful woman.”

“Jinwoon!!!” she cried out and unexpectedly threw herself onto him, almost tipping them over.

“Easy there,” he said wincing in pain.” I’ve been out cold for four years; my body is in pretty terrible shape. The doctors are surprised I can even talk.” Seohyun pulled away worriedly, resisting the urge to throw herself onto him again.

“Oh my god, when did you wake up? How are you? What’s going on? Why are you here?” she threw questions left and right.

“Whoa there, one question at a time please,” he responded. “I’m here because this guy over here wouldn’t stop bothering me. I guess he can’t pull a good date on his own so he brought me here to give him a few points.”

“Bastard… if you were going to come here to do that then I would have left your sorry in the hospital. I barely managed to get you out of there. Thanks by the way Nurse Choi, I owe you big time,” he pointed out to the girl next to him.

“No problem Yonghwa-shi, and please call me Ji Na when I’m not on duty. It feels too formal for you to call me that,” she responded nervously.

“Ji Na, how long has Jinwoon been awake? I told you to tell me whenever there was news of him,” Seohyun asked her friend in a disappointed tone. Ever since Ji Na had been assigned as her nurse four years back, they had become really good friends. Eventually, Ji Na was set as the permanent nurse for Jinwoon. It turns out that Ji Na was actually a classmate of Jinwoon’s at school that was quite interested in him. There was a little bit of tension when Ji Na found out that Jinwoon liked Seohyun, but they got over it and became close friends.

“He’s been awake since the day Yonghwa-shi came back to Korea. He told me not to tell you about it though because he said he had something in store for you. I guess this was it. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier,” she apologized.

“You don’t have to apologize. Jinwoon, this is a dream come true. I was worried you would never wake up. I missed you so much over these past four years,” she explained as tears welled up in her eyes. “Don’t ever go to sleep like that again.”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be there these past four years. If I had the ability to move that night I would have knocked some sense into this punk and prevented him from leaving. It broke my heart hearing you cry every time you came to see me. I’m sorry I left you alone so many years,” he sincerely apologized.

“You could hear me?” she asked with a surprised look on her face.

“Yeah, I heard everything you guys said in that room, hehe” he said with a nervous laugh. Ji Na’s face turned bright red and she tried as hard as she could to avoid making eye contact with Jinwoon. If he could in fact hear while he was in that coma, then he surely heard all of the embarrassingly loving things she said to him when she was tending to him. Seohyun noticed her shy reaction, but tried to avoid laughing at her cute antics.

“Anyways, enough of this stuff. What’s important is that we’re all here and we are healthy. Now let’s go have some fun!” Jinwoon exclaimed.

“Yeah… no. You’re going back to the hospital Jinwoon-shi,” Ji Na responded with a stern tone. “You can’t even walk due to the severe lack of muscle mass you have. Since you didn’t move at all for four years you need some extensive therapy before you can even think about coming to a place like this.”

“Ugh, and there goes Debbie Downer…” he complained. “Yonghwa, how do we ever deal with girls? All the ever do is complain and nag.”

“Yeah but the rewards are worth it,” he joked while wiggling his eyebrows. Jinwoon nodded enthusiastically, agreeing completely with Yonghwa.

“YAH! Byuntae!” Seohyun yelled and Ji Na threw him a look of slight disgust. “That’s all you guys ever think about. erts…”

“I meant you get to make me sandwiches, duh,” he responded. Seohyun and Ji Na’s faces showed yet another look of disgust towards the men present.

“That’s not any better you know…” Ji Na stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Jeez take learn to take a joke girls. Anyways, so are you really going back to the hospital Jinwoon?” Yonghwa asked in a more serious tone.

“Yeah, I don’t want the director of my wing to yell at Ji Na. It was bad enough for you to come in there and get me in trouble with him on day one. If we don’t get back soon, it’ll be bad news,” Jinwoon replied sadly.

“Aw, Jinwoon I’ll go visit you soon. I’m sorry I haven’t gone lately but work has me going from one place to the next. I wish you could stay longer, but if you’re going to get in trouble I guess it’s okay. Take care,” she said while giving him another bear hug. “Thanks for bringing him Ji Na, I really appreciate it.”

“No problem, what are friends for. I’ll take good care of him I promise. Feel free to come bother me at the hospital any time soon. We’ll see you guys around,” she said as a farewell.

“Bye, and thanks again Ji Na-shi I owe you one. Thanks for getting in trouble with the director for me, I’ll make it up to you somehow,” he thanked once more, this time adding a bow.

“Don’t mention it, any friend of Seohyun’s is a friend of mine. Even if he is a ist ert,” she joked. “Later guys.” They helped Jinwoon plop down into a wheel chair that they brought along and happily watched him roll into the distance, Ji Na at his side.

“Daaaaaaaaaamn where does Jinwoon get one of those. She is smokin’ hot,” Yonghwa joked. If Seohyun had to guess what he was talking about, it had to be Ji Na. Although she didn’t appreciate her friend being treated like an object, and she especially did not like him checking other girls out, she had no energy to argue with him anymore.

“Thanks Yonghwa,” she told him as she threw her arms around him. “I’m glad that I got to see Jinwoon today. It that he couldn’t stay but, I’m really glad that he’s awake.”

“Don’t thank me, thank those two. I didn’t do anything except cause a bit of trouble for Ji Na-shi hehe. I’m glad that you were happy to see him,” he replied softly.

“Do you want to keep playing around here? I’m sure there are thousands more things we could do here still. Want to head to the skating rink?” she suggested.

“Um…..” he hesitated. “Hehe yeah sure the ice rink”

“ not the ice rink. Daaaaaaaaamn it, why did I say yes to her? I need to get out of it somehow.”

They walked towards the ice rink slowly, the temperature dropping little by little as they approached it. Yonghwa, even though it was rather cold, was sweating, trying as hard as he could to think of a reason to get out of ice skating. Upon reaching a bench, they sat down and looked around to find the place to rent the skates.

“Um, Seohyun, there’s something I have to tell you,” Yonghwa stated out of the blue. Seohyun paid attention, expecting something serious to come out of his mouth. Usually a statement like that precedes bad, serious news.  “I had a bad experience while skating and I feel a little scared even coming near this. Could we go somewhere else please?” he asked in a very convincing tone. He was half expecting Seohyun to laugh at him or to deny his request.

“Um, if you really feel that strongly about it we don’t have to do this. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, but if you can’t do it then we should leave.”

“Thanks, sorry we can’t do this one,” he said with a sad smile on his face.

“Nah, it’s no problem, I wouldn’t want to make you do something you didn’t want to,” she replied with the same sad smile on her face. “Let’s go find something else to do.” As they walked away to find another activity amongst the thousands at Lotte World, Seohyun looked over her shoulder at the skating rink. Yonghwa could tell she really wanted to skate with him, but it wasn’t in his plans, at least not yet.

“Let’s go grab something to eat,” he suggested trying to get her mind off of the disappointment she was feeling. “I’m starving.” Seohyun responded with a small nod and just followed his lead, trying her hardest to no show the disappointment on her face. To someone else it would seem stupid that she was acting this way, but for her it was important. Skating with her boyfriend was one thing she had wanted to do since she was a little girl, and apparently she would never get to do it with Yonghwa.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Did you have fun today?” Yonghwa asked, clearly knowing that she was still a little upset from today’s skating problem. “I know you really wanted to go skating.” It was almost 10pm, and they were heading back towards the bus stop in hopes to catch the last bus home. The Lotte World workers began to kick everyone out at around 9 so they decided to walk around while waiting for 10 to come around.

“Yeah, I had fun,” she said without noticing the disappointment in her voice. She felt terrible the whole day, not because she didn’t get what she wanted, but because she felt guilty. Yonghwa had tried his best today to make her have fun and she was being really ungrateful. Of course she couldn’t let him notice so she decided lying was the best way out of it.

“Oh crap!” Yonghwa suddenly exclaimed. “I think I dropped my wallet back at Lotte World. I don’t have it on me. Damn it!”

“Are you sure it’s back at Lotte World? If we can’t find it we’ll miss the bus.”

“Yeah, I’m sure I lost it there. I think I lost it when we sat down at the bench in front of the ice skating rink. Crap, I need to find it before all the workers leave. Do you want to come with me or would you rather head home?” While Yonghwa asked that question, he didn’t mean it seriously. He hoped that she would come with him as it was a part of his plan. If she said now, he was royally scewed.

“Yeah, I’ll go with you. Why would you even ask me that? Of course I would help you out,” she replied in an almost hurt tone. “Let’s hurry so we can try to make it back to the bus in time.”

After quickly walking back to the famous amusement park, they noticed that there was a lady cleaning the area near the entrance. They supposed that she wouldn’t let them in, but it was worth a try.

“Excuse me, ahjumma,” Yonghwa spoke out. “It seems that I left my wallet inside here. Would it be possible to let us in to search the place really quick? I promise we won’t get in your way.”

“I don’t know…” the woman hesitantly replied. “We’re not really supposed to let anyone in after closing. I’m sure the guys in there cleaning the floors won’t be happy to see you guys getting them dirty again. I better not.”

“Please ahjumma, we promise we won’t mess up anything. We’ll even help clean up if we make a mess,” Seohyun begged cutely.

“Alright, alright, get in there. If anyone asks, I didn’t let you in. Go on, get the heck out of here already, I need to go home already,” the middle aged woman grumbled. “I’m not getting any younger…”

“Thanks ahjumma,” Yonghwa responded. Seohyun ran a little ahead, not noticing the wink the older woman threw at Yonghwa. Yonghwa in response threw her another wink and bowed slightly, indicating his thanks once more for her help.

“Ahjusshi!” Seohyun yelled at a man cleaning a little farther in from the entrance. “Have you seen a black leather wallet around here while you were cleaning? My boyfriend thinks he left it here and it’s really important that I find it.”  The older man was about to scold her for being inside the building at that time of the day, but upon hearing her story he realized who she was.

“Oh, I think old man Min Jae found the wallet over by the skating rink. Your boyfriend is a young guy with dark brown hair right? I think I saw his picture in the wallet when we opened it. Just go on down there, I think he’s still hanging around.”

“Thank you ahjusshi,” she said with a quick bow and darted toward the skating rink. She wondered where Yonghwa had gone after speaking with the front door ahjumma, but she thought that he probably split up to cover more ground. She reached the large area near the skating rink, but found it hard to walk around. Unlike the rest of the areas where the lights had been left mostly on, this area was pitch black. She noticed that there was a light centered in the middle of the skating rink, but that didn’t really help her situation much.

“Agasshi*, you shouldn’t be here at this time of the night,” a male voice called out to her, making her jump a little. “Who let you inside?”

“Um, I’m here looking for a wallet my boyfriend lost. An ahjusshi back there told me that a man named Min Jae found it. Would you happen to know where I can find him?” she asked frantically.

“Oh, you mean the brown haired guy? His name is Yo….. Ah I forgot his name but it starts with Yo correct?”

“Yeah, that must be it. May I please have it back? I’m sorry that I’m bothering you at this time of the night.”

“Oh, I seem to have dropped it,” the man noticed as he felt around inside his pockets. “I must have dropped it while crossing the ice in the ice resurfacer machine. I already turned out all the lights to this area so it’ll be hard to find it in the dark.”

“Can you turn on the lights?” she asked.

“Yes I can but it would take me a while to do so. Maybe 20 minutes?” he answered back.

“That’s okay, I think the light shining on the center there can reflect enough light on the ice to help me out. I’ll go look for it with that, thank you.”

“Wait, put on a pair of skates if you’re going out on that ice or else you will fall and get hurt. You can grab one of the rental pairs that are out on the counter for now. I’m sure nobody will mind that the ice is a little damaged for tonight if I tell them the reason why,” the man kindly explained.

Seohyun just bowed and grabbed a pair of skates conveniently placed on the counter that was also conveniently her size. She found this whole situation rather strange. Why would these people be so eager to let her mess with their jobs as if it were nothing? She also found it strange that the man had dropped the wallet on the ice, and more importantly, knew that it was there. All of it didn’t really seem to add up in her head, but she paid no attention to it and headed towards the ice. Yonghwa’s disappearance didn’t make matters any better either.

She felt the familiar feeling of the skates on the ice as she stepped onto the rink, wishing she had done something like this with Yonghwa earlier that day. She noticed something strange sitting inside the small ray of light being cast down into the middle of the rink. There was a small black object that she supposed was the wallet so she took off full speed in hopes that it was what she was looking for.

When she reached it, she noticed it was a small black box with a blue, silk ribbon bow on top. What something like this was doing in the middle of the skating rink was beyond her, but her curiosity drove her to pick it up. Inside the box was yet another box, this time even smaller. Just as she opened the smaller box, a rainbow of lights flooded her vision, turning her attention away from the now opened object. Music began to play that she didn’t recognize and the lights began to spin in a circular dance across the ice.

“Seohyun ah,” she heard a voice from a speaker call out to her. She spun around in all directions trying to determine where the voice was coming from, but failed to find it. The colored lights ended their dance and focused themselves on a figure skating towards her. “I have a question for you tonight. Do you think you can answer it for me?”

“What are you talking about? Did you find the wallet? What is this all about Yonghwa?” she questioned, totally ignoring the object in her hands.

“I’m asking the questions here tonight. Just be ready to answer.” The music that was playing in the background rose in volume, giving Yonghwa the cue to begin his question.

 

(A/N: I know I use a lot of songs but, bear with me a little more. It’s so fitting I had to use it. Once again I know Yonghwa didn’t write it but let’s pretend he did.  I’m sure you guys can guess the title of the song from the link and from the song itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr-jZysp784&feature=related )

 

Will you marry me?

Will you live forever with me, whilst loving each other?

I want to have a child that looks like me, another that looks like you.

And live unhurt for 1000 years, or 10000 years.

To be honest with you, I like you more than you like me

And people say that’s better between a man and a woman.

 

I’ll love you more, I’ll take care of you.

If you cry and you’re having a hard time, If you’re hurt, I’ll hurt with you.

I’ll love you forever, I’ll protect you forever

I want to love only you every day,

I’m thankful that I met someone like you.

Will you marry me?

 

Marry me, there’s a feeling of happiness every day.

And I look forward to tomorrow with you, why am I nervous?

You’re the best no matter how much I look at you.

Until our black hair becomes white, until our lives end.

Even if I put water to your hands, I won’t put tears in your eyes.

 

You as my half, me as your half, I’ll love you as long as I breathe.

When time goes by and we get wrinkles, you and I will be together like now.

 

I’ll love you more, I’ll take care of you.

If you cry and you’re having a hard time, If you’re hurt, I’ll hurt with you.

I’ll love you forever, I’ll protect you forever

I want to love only you every day,

I’m thankful that I met someone like you.

 

You’re like the light that brightened up my dark life, the sound of soup boiling greeting me.

The rain that falls on my thirsty heart.

The poem that contains the meaning of love, the string of destiny that the heavens have allowed.

The meeting between you and I was meant to be,

You’re irreplaceable even if I was given the whole world.

 

You’ll be the only person in my life forever

If you cry and you’re having a hard time, If you’re hurt, I’ll hurt with you.

I’ll love you forever, I’ll protect you forever

I want to love only you every day,

I’m thankful that I met someone like you.

Will you marry me?

 

Stunned, the only word that could accurately describe Seohyun after the music stopped playing. Yonghwa skated over towards her and gazed into her eyes, hoping for the answer to his question. Seohyun was definitely not expecting something like that. Sure, it was fishy that everything fell into place like that, but for Yonghwa to do something like this was definitely a surprise.

“Um, so hehe, will you marry me Seohyun?” he asked nervously. He took the box from her frozen hands, to reveal a diamond ring. The white light coming down onto Seohyun made the diamond sparkle perfectly, but Seohyun still hadn’t woken up from her bewildered state. Yonghwa even begun to doubt whether he would get a positive response from her or not from the way she just stood there as frozen as the ice under them.

“…” she mumbled, catching him off guard.

“What was that?” he asked, thinking he didn’t hear correctly.

“You idiot, pabo, , blockhead, byuntae, jerk, ... Why do you do things like this?” Seohyun asked him. Yonghwa’s posture drooped upon hearing that, assuming she was insulting him for doing something so worthless for her.

“Seohyun… I… Let me explain… Eh… if you think I should change what I did… I mean…” he stuttered not knowing what to respond. He couldn’t form words from the disappointment he was feeling from what he supposed was a rejection. He tried to form words again but this time was cut off by a warm feeling on his lips.

“No you idiot, I’m asking you why you do things like this for me? I don’t deserve someone like you who’s so perfect yet I’m so flawed,” she responded after breaking away from the short kiss.

“You mean…” he began to ask in anticipation. “You’ll…?”

“Of course I will marry you Yonghwa. Did you think that I wouldn’t say yes? That song you just sang, did you write it?” she asked.

“Yeah, and I meant every word of it. Seo Joohyun will you take this idiot, pabo, , blockheaded byuntae as a husband?” he asked once more.

“No, I won’t take that kind of husband. Instead I’ll take this perfect, handsome, sweet, and adorable man holding a ring in front of me right now,” she replied. “Jung Yonghwa, I’ll marry you.” She moved her hand forward, indicating that it was about time for him to slip the ring on for her. As the cool metal touched her hand she felt like queen of the world. To someone else it would seem stupid of her to marry Yonghwa. He had left her for four years without an explanation. Technically they had really only been dating for less than two months, so marriage should be out of the question. To her all of that didn’t matter, all that mattered now was fulfilling all the things in that song and more.

“YES!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Yonghwa yelled as he skated around the rink at full speed. Seohyun could only watch as he made a fool of himself, but at least he would be her fool now. His yelling continued until he fell on his suddenly, only to continue as he stood up as fast as he could.

“Slow down, I don’t want to be a widow before I even get married,” she joked before speeding up to follow him. She had gotten her wish after all. There she was, skating with her boyfriend like in her dreams. No, it was different, in her dreams it was just her boyfriend, and never had she imagined it would be her fiancé. The thought of her angry sisters lashing out at her for accepting flashed through her head, but she decided she would deal with that when the time came.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Ye Ji!” a middle age man named Moon Hong Tae called out in his big house. Shortly after, a young lady came running down the steps to greet her father. Normally this wouldn’t seem out of the ordinary, but since this was Ye Ji, it was definitely not good news for anyone else.

“What is it dad? Did you get what I wanted?” she asked eagerly.

“Yeah, I got that thug you wanted out of jail. He’s going to be here shortly. Are you sure that guy is safe? He looks like he could kill someone at any time of the day without a reason,” he pointed out.

“Don’t worry your silly little head about Young Jae. As long as you give him some money, he will do anything you say. I got him under control. Did you also get the pocket change I asked you to give me?” she asked as if millions of dollars were insignificant.

“Yeah, here,” he said as he threw a briefcase in her direction. “Is there anything else you want princess?” he said with a voice dripping in sarcasm.

“Watch your tongue father; I’m only keeping you alive because I need you for now. I won’t hesitate to get rid of you once I get what I want. Now please leave me alone. I have a lot of work to get done if I want all my plans to work.”

“What do you plan to do?” he asked straightforwardly.

“Oh just a little revenge, nothing too drastic” she nonchalantly answered.

“Ye Ji please desist. If you keep this up you’ll get hurt too. ‘A man who seeks revenge will have to dig two graves: One for his enemy and one for himself,’ have you never heard that before? You’re playing with fire here and I don’t want to see you get burned,” he explained with genuine concern.

“Keep your old man wisdom to yourself. I know what I’m doing here. Now get lost before I tell Young Jae to get rid of you.”

“Ye Ji… my daughter… why did you become this? Is this my fault? Please go back to being my little girl and not this thing you’ve become, I beg of you.”

 

Author’s Note: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Did I just write that?!? OMG it’s my own story and even I’m excited about it. **little girl scream** Ahem, okay I’m done. So how was it? Was it too cliché? Too badly written? I would love to hear your thoughts. Sorry if this was a little eh, but I’ve been feeling pretty down lately so it took me a long time to write this. Both my computers aren’t working well enough for me to write, and I’ve gotten my mind fried by tests and studying. That’s the reason I haven’t updated till now so I’m sorry for making you all wait. So did anyone else cry when Seohyun cried on the last ep? I sure as hell did :( If only this scene was real and they did get married, I would be able to die a happy man. Okay enough of my rambling. Have fun reading :D

Oh for those of you that didn't catch it, Choi Ji Na the nurse, is G.NA the y soloist with the huge.... yeah you get it, hehe. If you've seen her music video for "Black and White" you'll know why I set her up with Jinwoon. Oh and also, I know I put a song in there but I did account for the pages that it took up, so it's my usual update size :D, just in case anyone wants to fight about it.

 

Korean words:

Agasshi - means young lady or miss.