Termination

Starting off on the Wrong Foot

Chapter 28 – Termination

 

 

“Now then, what should we do with this girl? Since you agreed to leave with me in peace, I’ll spare her life. We just have to make sure she doesn’t bleed to death here. However, we can’t call anyone or else we risk getting caught. What do you think we should do my love?” Ye Ji asked with feigned concern.  Just before Yonghwa answered her question, his phone began to ring. Ye Ji stared at him as he took out the noisy, blue device from his pocket, as if questioning what he planned to do with it.

“It’s Jinwoon. He already knows that I’m here. He was with me when Young Jae called me and he was also the one who pointed me out to this place. Can I answer it? I’ll tell him to come pick up Seohyun,” Yonghwa explained, hoping that Ye Ji would let him talk to Jinwoon.

“Tch, that guy is still alive? I guess killing Young Jae was a good thing to do after all. What a useless piece of trash. Anyways, do you really think I would trust someone like him? Not on your life, Yonghwa. I’m surprised to see that he managed to figure me out once more,” she giggled. The veins in Yonghwa’s neck swelled as he heard her laugh. He couldn’t stand her constant mocking. If it weren’t for the situation he was in, he would charge her head on and snap her neck into two pieces.

“I told him to not call the police as Seohyun might get hurt. Jinwoon may be good friends with Seohyun, but he’s not stupid. I made sure he wouldn’t call them. I know Jinwoon would never risk Seohyun’s life like that. Just let me answer it,” he pleaded.

“Fine, if you believe him that much then I’ll believe in him too. Put him on speaker though so I can hear what he’s saying. I don’t want to get any nasty surprises.”

“Yobuseyo,” Yonghwa said into the microphone. “Jinwoon, what’s up?”

“Did you find Seohyun? Is she alright? What is that Ye Ji doing to her!?” Jinwoon’s voice echoed through the silent warehouse.

“How rude of you Jinwoon. How dare you call a lady such as me a word like that? My, my I guess those four years of sleep screwed with your head,” she joked in a cold voice. “Shall I put you back there for another four years so you can learn some manners?”

“Listen you , if I ever get my hands on you I won’t care that you’re a woman. You’re dead on sight if you ever appear in front of me again. What did you do to Seohyun?!”

“Jinwoon, I have some business to attend to with Ye Ji so I’m going to need your help. Seohyun is bleeding and we need you to come here to pick her up. Since I’m leaving with Ye Ji for a while, I won’t be here to help her. Do you think you could swing by in an hour and rescue her for me?” Yonghwa requested.

“Are you ing crazy? What the hell are you doing with Ye Ji that requires you to leave Seohyun like that?! What happened to all the love you had for her? Yonghwa, the second I see you I’m kicking your too,” Jinwoon angrily expressed. “I still haven’t called the police yet. I’m pretty damn tempted to though…”

“NO! Don’t call the police, that will only make things worse. Just leave them out of it. I already solved this problem, I just need you to come take Seohyun out of here. Don’t worry about me just think about helping her. I won’t be seeing you around anymore man, take care of yourself. Tell all my friends and family that I said goodbye. Tell Seohyun that I left with the person I truly love. Maybe this time she will believe it.”

“Yonghwa! Are you serious!? Yonghwa answer me!” Jinwoon cried before being cut off. Yonghwa snapped the top of his phone and shoved it back into his pocket. He looked up at Ye Ji with hate-filled eyes, wishing he could take her life and end this nightmare she created. Ye Ji on the other hand turned to Seohyun and ran a finger across her sleeping face. Little did Ye Ji know she was part of a plan she was not expecting.

“Yah, don’t look at me like that. Is that any way to look at someone you claimed to love just now? I know Jinwoon isn’t stupid enough to call the police so let’s get the hell out of here before he barges in here like a hero. I guess he will get to save his darling Seohyun and finally get to express his love for her. Isn’t it sweet?” she continued, using the same fake voice Yonghwa had learned to loathe.

“Yonghwa, the police stealth force is setting up for the operation as I speak. You have to stall Ye Ji for at least another five minutes. Stay in the exact spot where you are standing right now. We are trying to get some sharpshooters, but we can’t have the target moving. Stall her for now. I’ll tell you when we’re ready to move,” Jinwoon’s voice sounded in Yonghwa’s ear. A small black earpiece was safely lodged deep inside his ear, allowing him to listen into the plans that would eventually free him of Ye Ji once and for all.

Just before he arrived, Jinwoon decided it was best if they called the police. A member of the S.W.A.T. team gave him the earpiece so that he could effectively communicate with them. He didn’t know what the plans were just yet, but if they were going to bring snipers out, they were most likely going to kill Ye Ji he assumed. If they were going to shoot at her, he had to get her away from Seohyun. Thoughts raced through his head as he planned ways to stall her and prevent her from being close to his woman.

He recalled the events that had occurred just a few minutes ago. Ye Ji looked rather mentally unstable and he planned to use that to his advantage. However, he also knew that if he hit the wrong buttons, she could go completely berserk and end up killing someone. Hopefully his plan worked without fail.

“Ye Ji, I have something to tell you. Remember how we used to go out on dates back in high school? I just remembered all of that and I really want to live that again with you. Will you really accept me back after being such an ungrateful boyfriend to you? I don’t think I deserve a second chance with someone as great as you,” he praised. Immediately, her eyes became filled with tears and a loving expression graced her face. If Yonghwa had the luxury to smile, he certainly would have. He hit the right button and he was planning on taking complete and absolute advantage of that.

“Oh don’t worry love, I will forgive you,” she replied lovingly. “I knew you would never forget me. I know exactly how much you miss my hot, passionate kisses. I know how much you want my hands running all over your body right now. I know that this girl was just a fling, a girl to have fun with. I love you Yonghwa and you love me even more don’t you?” Ye Ji stepped away from Seohyun slowly and began to walk towards Yonghwa. When he saw that he was far away enough from Seohyun, he sprung the next part of his plan on her.

“No you disgusting piece of . I despise you and anything that has to do with you,” he acidly answered. “I wish that I had never met you. I wish that I could kill you right now, burn your corpse, and feed the remains to rabid dogs. You’re a poor excuse for a human and you don’t even deserve the right to live. I don’t know why trash like you lives in this world. Nobody loves you and nobody cares for you. Even your own mother and father hate you because of what a sick and twisted you’ve become.” Yonghwa’s words would definitely hurt her, even he felt the pain. He hated treating people like this, especially Ye Ji. Although she was a complete monster, those words would definitely burn like salt on an open wound.

“Yonghwa…. What are you saying?” she questioned with tears pooling in her eyes. Yonghwa was taking a risk with his plan, but he was glad she started crying rather than throwing a tantrum. “How could you say that to me? You know that you’re the only person in this world that has ever cared for me. I really love you and I thought you felt the same. Why are you treating me like this?” Her ability to change emotions was astounding to him. One second she was ready to tear someone’s organs out, the next she was breaking down like a child that had a toy taken from her.

“Ye Ji, what are you talking about? I was just telling you about how much I love you. Why are you breaking down like that? I don’t understand why you are crying like this. I really do love you and wish to spend the rest of my life with you. Let’s hurry up and leave so I can finally make up for all the bad things I’ve done to you,” he tenderly spoke out. Ye Ji on the other hand, was getting more confused by the minute. She couldn’t understand what was going on at the moment. She just heard Yonghwa bitterly reject her, but at the same time she wanted to believe that he never did say that.

“I… didn’t you just tell me that you hated me and that I was a piece of trash?” she asked with a dumbfounded facial expression. “Wait, if you’re saying you love me right now then I must be dreaming right?”

“Yeah, where did you ever get that from? I’ve only been praising you on how good of a girlfriend you are. Why would you ever think that I said anything bad about you?” Yonghwa could see that his plan was working. Quickly switching his personality towards her was confusing her to no end. Regardless of how strong of a person she was, her mental issues were obviously taking their toll on her.

“Oh I should have known that it was just my imagination,” she giggled. “Comon, let’s go home.” She continued walking away from Seohyun and towards Yonghwa. After a few more steps, Yonghwa spoke up once again.

“You think I’m going home with you? Ha, that’s a laugh. Why would I go home with someone as despicable as you? If you’re going anywhere at all it should be to the dump. You’re a horrendous mess and I can’t stand to see you. Why don’t you get out of my sight right now you worthless scum,” he bitterly spat again. This time Ye Ji not only stopped in her tracks but she clutched her head in pain.

“Stop it! Stop it! Why is my head hurting?! Yonghwa help me!” she cried out. She heard a pounding sound in her ears, each pulse carrying a burst of pain throughout her brain. The voices in her head grew louder and louder, eventually making their way out of . Yonghwa just stood back and watched as she flailed around wildly trying to regain her composer.

“Kill that bastard!!” she yelled in a rough tone. “I’ll kill him for treating me like that!! KILL HIM!!”

“NO!” she yelled in a girlish way. “I love him I can’t kill him. Please leave me alone. I just want to live in peace with Yonghwa.” Her right hand which was holding the blade she used to pierce Seohyun rose up threateningly, moving forward towards Yonghwa. Her left hand clamped on hard to the right as if trying to stop herself from hurting him. If Yonghwa had to describe it, he would say the scene was something out of an Exorcism movie.

“I have to kill him! Let me at the bastard! I’ll teach him to call me a piece of trash and get away with it!” the ruthless voice yelled once again.

Boy what the hell are you doing?” an unfamiliar voice asked him in his ear. “We told you to leave her alone and stall her for time. Our men can’t hit her when she’s flailing around like that. We’re going to try to hit her with a sedative and avoid killing her. Since you’re already trying something out, we’re going to go ahead and trust you with it. Just get her to stand still for a second while the snipers take their positions.”

“You two, what are your names?” the S.W.A.T. leader asked the two men carrying sniper rifles and awaiting their orders. In addition to the pair of snipers, a small army of men was waiting at each and every door and window of the warehouse. Black vans and armored cars surrounded the area, effectively creating a barrier all around. It seemed as if it was too much firepower for just one woman, but with Ye Ji, it was better to be safe than sorry.

“Our codenames are Milled-1 and Milled-2 sir!” they responded in unison.

(A/N: Yo, my buddy Milled, are you reading this? You wanted a cameo? You got it :D  )

“What the kind of codenames are those? They’re really screwing you guys up at the academy nowadays aren’t you? Whatever it doesn’t matter… Milled-1 I need you to climb onto the building near the east side of the warehouse. Equip yourself with the strongest tranquilizers we have on us. From the adjacent building, find a clear shot and talk to Mister Yonghwa when you’re ready,” the older man ordered.

“Sir, yes sir!” the man known as Milled-1 grunted with a salute.

“You, Milled-2, I need you to go onto the building near the west side of the warehouse. Communicate with Mister Yonghwa and Milled-1 when you’re ready. You’ll be in charge of terminating the subject if milled-1 happens to fail. Any questions?”

“Sir, no sir!” he responded in the same manner as his coworker.

“Alright, you’re dismissed. Call out when you two are ready. Avoid killing the subject at all costs, but if it comes down to it, I hope you will know when to react.” The team captain picked up his walkie talkie and began to talk to their inside man, Yonghwa, once more. “Mister Yonghwa, I have two snipers ready to execute the plan. They will give you the signal when they are ready. Let’s hope we can get through this without any bloodshed.

Meanwhile inside the warehouse, Ye Ji was still trying to fight her inner demons, once again rolling around on the floor. Yonghwa’s verbal assault continued, driving her more insane by the minute. Her complains of pain in her head grew with each word, proving that his plan was working. If he could get her insane enough, she should be disabled for enough time so that the snipers could hit her. Her deteriorating mental capacity was also helping out the police since she would most likely have heard them outside if she had all her five senses intact.

“Milled-1 ready sir,” the man armed with a tranquilizer indicated. Shortly after the other sniper spoke over the radio, also indicating he was ready to go.

What’s the situation men? Is the subject in a position to be fired upon?” the captain questioned.

“The subject appears to be in pain at the moment. She is on the ground, possibly unconscious but at this distance it is hard to tell. She does not appear to have any movement. It would be a clear shot at her from where I stand sir,” Milled-1 replied.

“Now that’s what I like to hear. Mister Yonghwa whenever you’re ready, give some sort of signal and that goes down,” the team captain vulgarly exclaimed.

Yonghwa continued to watch as Ye Ji writhed in pain on the hard ground in front of him. Her ragged breathing and soft whimpers rang though his ears. He couldn’t help but pity her. Even though she had hurt him so much, it hurt him to see her in that much pain. If it weren’t for her terrible childhood, she could have become a better person. Reluctantly he raised his right hand and brought it down quickly, indicating it was time to shoot.

With a click of the trigger, a dart broke through the one of the broken windows, flying straight into her chest. Her eyes shot open upon feeling a sharp object entering her body, but the sleepiness that followed the pain stopped her from reacting to it. When her arms limply hit the ground, Yonghwa sighed in relief. Finally, it was over. He couldn’t believe it was that easy to rid themselves of her. The whole police operation seemed far too perfect and unrealistic. Nevertheless, she was down and that’s all that mattered.

“This is Milled-1 sir, the target is down and immobilized. Mission complete.”

“Now that’s what I like to hear soldier. Get your asses down from there and let’s go in and tidy up,” ordered the team captain.

“Seohyun! Seohyun wake up,” Yonghwa pleaded, slapping her lightly. The tightly bound ropes were slowly loosened, finally freeing her from being permanently seated on the chair.

“Yong…..hwa? What’s going on?” she wearily asked. Yonghwa threw his arms around her forcefully, not bothering to worry about her wounds. “Ouch, watch the arm. I’m a little torn up if you can’t tell.” Yonghwa didn’t bother to listen to her warning and tightened his grip on her.

“I love you,” he abruptly stated. “I love you so much. I’m so glad that you’re back with me again. Don’t you ever think about dying while I’m still around.” For the first time since Seohyun had known him, tears ran down his eyes. Seohyun’s eyes previously filled with tears of pain, soon began to leak tears of joy.

“Yonghwa, thanks for coming to save me. What would I ever do without you?”

“Don’t thank me for it. Now let’s get out of here and finish this nightmare once and for all. Can you stand or do you need to hop on my back?”

“I can stand. Wait! What happened to Young Jae? Is he still okay?” Seohyun worriedly asked. Yonghwa nodded and walked over towards the lifeless, large man. Blood slowly oozed out of the at least 10 knife wounds, pooling around him. A touch to his neck revealed that his pulse was gone, indicating his death.

“He’s dead,” Yonghwa sadly responded. Although Young Jae had been Ye Ji’s accomplice in all of her dastardly deeds, he still didn’t deserve this. He knew Young Jae had turned a new leaf and deserved to be remembered as a hero for helping them get rid of the scourge that was Ye Ji. Yonghwa bowed his head in respect to the man’s body before heading back to support Seohyun.

“Ye Ji… Ye Ji…. Wake up. How could you have failed to get rid of him? How can you let him get away? How can you let that little take your place?! WHY!? Why must he like her over you!? Get up!! GET UP!! You have to kill them! Wake up and kill them!” the same evil voice from before shrieked in her head. “This isn’t enough to take you down. Now stand the hell up and finish the job!”

“Why….?” a whisper was heard through the room. “Why? Why!? WHY!?” Seohyun and Yonghwa turned around to see Ye Ji slowly raising herself from the ground. She was fighting the effects of the tranquilizer, but how was it possible? Slowly, but surely, she was back on her feet, glaring at the couple with a demonic fire in her eyes.

“What the hell are you!? What kind of demon are you?” Yonghwa asked with disbelief.

“Why does it have to be her!? Why can’t it be me?! I love you more than anyone ever will Jung Yonghwa. I love you so much that it hurts me. I can give you anything in this world. Money, fame, power, passion, love; just name it and it’s yours,” she hysterically told him. “You’re mine Jung Yonghwa. No matter what anyone says, I own you. You’ll never be happy as long as I’m alive!”

“Do you want to know why it can’t be you? I’ll tell you why. You’re a deranged person who has something wrong in their head. Ye Ji I did like you once upon a time. You were one of the people I most wanted to be with back in high school. You may be beautiful and rich, but your heart is as black as a lump of coal. You can never reach out to me with that kind of heart. Do you want to know something? I don’t hate you, I pity you…” he sincerely admitted to her.

“Hahaha…. Hahahahaha!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Someone like you dares to pity my greatness?! If that’s how it’s going to be I’ll teach you how to feel the chill of death, and the true meaning of fear.” With her last words, a gun emerged from behind her and sat in her hands threateningly.

“Put the gun down Ye Ji… don’t get into any more trouble than you already are,” Yonghwa growled.

“Oh don’t worry, I won’t hurt your little girlfriend. I only have one shot left in this and it’s dying to shoot at you. If I can’t have you than nobody will. I don’t care if I go to jail or hell for the rest of eternity, I will make it so you can never be happy. If I’m going to be miserable until the end, so will you.” Before she could continue her spiteful remarks, police forces flooded the room, each man pointing their guns at her.

“Look here little lady, we don’t want to hurt you. Just put the gun down and everyone walks home alive,” the team captain spoke out. “Now let’s do this in a civilized manner and no blood will be shed.”

“Silence fool! Do you think I will trust people like you? I’m sure you all want to take a shot at me, but I won’t comply to your stupid demands.”

“Ye Ji… put the gun down,” another male voice spoke out. “My lovely daughter, what have you become?”

“Fa-father? How could you? You are in it with them? How could my own father want to kill me? Why father? WHY?!” Ye Ji cried. Instead of getting a verbal response from her father, he did something that surprised everyone in the room, including Ye Ji.

“I’m sorry,” he whimpered while on his knees. “Ye Ji, I’m so sorry. It’s my fault you turned into this. It’s my fault your mother left us. It’s my fault that you grew up without anyone to care for you. I’m sorry I took away Yonghwa from you when you most needed him. I’m sorry for being your father. Please forgive me,” he begged.

“Fa-father…” she calmly stuttered. Before she could speak out again, the voice in her head began to cloud her judgment again. “No! You’re lying! You’re not sorry for anything! Don’t worry father, I’m not going to fall for your tricks. Say goodbye Yonghwa.”

The trigger on her gun clicked, a bullet pierced the air heading rapidly towards Yonghwa. Yonghwa felt a warm liquid drip onto him. However, there was no pain. His eyes were closed and he didn’t have the courage to see the wound he thought he had.

“Wow… so I must be dying huh? Why don’t I feel any pain?” he thought. He was too preoccupied in his thoughts that he didn’t hear the volley of bullets firing towards his old lover. Blood sprinkled on the floor as each piece of metal pierced her body. Rapid gunfire was heard throughout the warehouse, but his dulled senses didn’t allow him to hear it. Her now dead body tried to hit the floor as it fell, but the force of the bullet impacts kept her in the air, prolonging her stay in the air.

“Yonghwa…” he heard Seohyun mutter. “Yonghwa…”

Yonghwa opened his eyes and saw that Seohyun stood in front of him, slowly falling to the ground. Her bloody arm right arm was now accompanied by a wound in her abdomen. She had taken the bullet for him. While he was too busy spacing out, Seohyun’s body was impacted by the bullet meant to kill him. Snapping out of his state of disbelief, he picked her up and quickly began to run out of the warehouse.

“Seohyun… I thought we said we wouldn’t die on each other… You better keep that damn promise,” he mumbled to the unconscious girl in his arms. “You better wake up or else I’ll never forgive you.”

“Alright boys, our work is done here. We sure made a mess of things, but I guess the ends justify the means. Get an ambulance out here for the hostage. Leave the subject’s body intact, I’m sure her father wouldn’t for his daughter to be desecrated even more than it needs to,” the team captain barked.

Ye Ji’s father walked towards the unmoving corpse with a hesitant step. Blood quickly pooled around her, coming out rapidly through the dozens of holes in her body. He dropped to his knees once more, ignoring the blood soaking though his clothes.

“I’m sorry,” he cried. “I’m sorry it had to be like this.” He picked up her body and hugged it tightly. Although she was a complete monster in life, she was still his daughter. The man felt like dying, thinking it was his fault that this happened. In part it was his fault, but Ye Ji definitely couldn’t get off scot free. The men of the special forces could only stand with their heads bowed down as the father sat there crying over the corpse of his daughter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Through her blurry vision, Seohyun could make out a crowd of people standing in front of her, but she couldn’t make out any faces. Before her vision could be completely restored, she felt a surge of pain hit her as someone jumped on top of her.

“Ouch you idiot! Whoever just hugged me is going to die today,” she grumbled.

“Seohyun ah!” the crowd exclaimed happily.
“Girl, you scared us for a bit. You’ve been out for three days; you almost left poor Yonghwa here a widow before he even got married,” Taeyeon teased, or at least she thought it was.

“Stupid girl…” Yonghwa said before tightening his grip on her. He felt a little ashamed and embarrassed for crying in front of all of the girls, but his eyes couldn’t help it. “Don’t ever do something stupid like that again.”

“Yonghwa…” she lovingly called out his name, returning the embrace he had given her.

“Ugh, I think I’m going to throw up,” Jessica groaned. “I’m out of here. I’ll come talk to you later Seohyun, preferably when you aren’t ing your boyfriend in front of us.”

“Jessica… you don’t have to be such a to her. Let’s go get some food while we let them talk. See you guys,” Sooyoung waved goodbye with a smile. Needless to say, yet another Jessica-Sooyoung fight began just as it always did. The girls each gave their respective goodbyes for the time being, leaving the couple that was to-be-married alone.

“So how are you feeling?” he stupidly asked.

“I’m feeling like I got stabbed in the arm with a butcher knife and shot in the stomach. How the heck do you think I feel?” she sarcastically answered.

“Woah there no need for the hostility, I was just worried about how you were doing?” he said holding his arms in front of him.

“I hope you know that this is all your fault Yonghwa. You’re the one that brough Ye Ji into my life. If it hadn’t been for you falling in love with me, she would have no reason to make me her target. Thanks a lot you know…” she bitterly remarked.

“Yeah, I know and I’m really sorry… I can understand why you would feel like that.”

“Damn straight. I think I should rethink this whole marrying you thing again. I wonder how many other of your psycho ex-girlfriends are going to come out and try to kill me. Is there anyone else I should be worried about?” she teased.

“Don’t worry, Ye Ji was the first and only stalker girlfriend I’ve had,” he jokingly replied.

“So what happened to her?” Seohyun asked with sincere worry.

“She was killed in the warehouse after she shot you. Her father had her remains cremated yesterday. It seems like that was the only way to get rid of her. It’s sad though, that it had to come to this. I never wished death upon her and I wish it could’ve ended a different way,” he sadly commented.

“You know… I can’t hate her. It wasn’t her fault she was like that. Although I have all the reason to hate her and feel happy that she’s finally gone, I can’t bring myself to feel that. I even feel bad for her and her father. I guess the pity I feel for her is stronger than the hate that I should be feeling for her.”

“Yeah, it that it had to end this way. I really did like her before. Even if we couldn’t be together as in the past, I would have liked for her to continue being my friend. Sure she had her quirks, but I still did have fun with her at times. Like you said, it’s not her fault that she turned into that. Nobody here is really to blame though. I guess we should just be happy that we’re together again and nobody can ever separate us,” he optimistically explained.

“Now what? I can’t have a wedding in two weeks looking like this,” she complained.

“Worry about that after you get better. The wedding can wait.”

 

Author’s Note: The moment that you all have been waiting for has finally arrived. Ye Ji, Grand Queen of Evil, Ruler of Hell, has now left the story for good. Finally our beloved YongSeo couple can be happy forever and ever and ever. Next up comes the wedding.  I’ll update soon for you all. I can’t believe I’m coming to the end of the story so quickly. It feels as if just yesterday I was writing my first crappy five pages for the first chapter. Anyways, celebrate all you guys want in the comments section. Later.

P.S. milled sorry that I gave you a cameo but you only ended up putting her to sleep. If it makes you feel better you were also in the crowd of policemen that turned her into Swiss cheese. For those of you who don’t know what the hell I’m talking about, a reader named milled asked for a cameo to get rid of her. That’s why the sniper dudes in the story are named Milled-1 and Milled-2.