Three.

Because of You

You dragged your feet to class reluctantly. It was going to be another long day, you were sure. Sehun was already in class, dozing off on his table. You walked to the back of the class and made yourself comfortable. Only you two were in class. Ransacking your bag, you got your pencilcase and your plain notebook out and started doodling on it. As time passed, more and more classmates piled in the class and soon the teacher came in. *Start of the day.* 

"I have a class assignment for you guys. I want you guys to get in pairs, and you have to do this seriously because the marks would be reflected in your report book." The teacher rambled on and on about the assignment but you were already trying to look around the classroom on who to pair up with. "I have already decided who guys would be paired up with so do not worry." *Time to get worried...*

You glanced at the guy beside you. Kai insisted on walking you back home again. You felt pleased actually, although you didn't like burdening him. "How can your homeroom teacher... Oh my gosh I think its on purpose. If he lays a finger on you, tell me, I'm going to pummel his face I swear." You smiled at his thoughtfulness. Kai. He's always been protecting you. "It's okay Jongin oppa, I'm sure I'll be fine." "You're being too nice.." You chuckled at this as you continued walking. "Maybe that's why Sehun fell in love with me, and maybe that's also the reason why he left me. Who knows.." The silence that continued disturbed you. "Jongin oppa?" "Oh I'm okay. I just, yeah." You stopped in your tracks and turned to face Kai. "You can tell me your problems like how I tell you mine. What are best friends for anyway right?" You grinned at him. *Yeah, just friends.* Kai hesitantly stuffed his hands in his pockets as he continued walking. You smiled to yourself. The silence between the two of you was comfortable. You enjoyed his presence, it felt nice and fuzzy. *Maybe I can forget about Sehun slowly this way..*

"You know.." You curiously took a glance at Kai as he broke the silence. "Do you still have feelings for Sehun?" "..oh." You played with your fingers. "Well to be ho-" "It's okay. I was just wondering, that's all." *Does Kai like me? Ugh I should stop being so confident of myself. He's just concerned about me as a friend should.* As you reached your house, you bowed slightly to Kai. "Thanks Jongin oppa. See you in school next Monday. And good luck with your fangirls!" You giggled as you covered your mouth. You remembered that one day where Kai had just changed his hairstyle and girls were spamming him with love confessions. "I should consider shaving myself bald." "Yeah, you should." "Pfft, sarcastic." "Learnt it from you." Kai attempted a shocked expression. You sticked your tongue out and slowly backed away. "Well, goodnight!" Kai waved at you heartily. Another day was over. 

Sehun stared at himself in the bathroom mirror. Using his fingers, he sweeped his fringe to the back in stress. *What have I gotten myself into..* Snatching the towel from the towel stand, he dried his hair. Slipping on his black wife beater, Sehun layed on bed full of thoughts. Vibration from his phone interrupted his thoughts. 

"Sehun oppa! I'm bored, text with me! :3"
"Oppa, want to go anywhere tomorrow since its the weekends?"
"Oppa, are you asleep already? It's not like you to sleep so early. :(" 
"Seems like you slept already...I'll call you early in the morning tomorrow!"
"Goodnight Sehun oppa, I'll dream of you ;)"


Sehun sighed and flipped his phone back to the table. He did like Taeyeon, he didn't see anything wrong with her. Except he didn't expect her to be so clingy. He missed you. But he can't express it. Sehun glanced at the empty space beside him. *What is she doing right now?* Suddenly, something clicked in Sehun's mind. He remembered the pairings that his teacher gave the class. Sehun widened his eyes in realization. *How could Mr.Kim..? .* Sehun grabbed a pillow and muffled his face beneath it. It's going to be a long weekend.