One.

Because of You

You watched as Sehun brushed past you to talk to your other classmates. His eyes, they weren't the same. There was no liveliness in them, you could sense something was wrong. But what? Oh yes, the fact that you two are drifting further and further apart and you didn't know what caused it.
"Sehun oppa!" A high pitched shriek came from the classroom door. Taeyeon cheerfully strided in the class and clung onto Sehun. The whole class went quiet for awhile, some even taking glances at you and went back to doing what they were doing when Taeyeon started talking to Sehun. Taeyeon was a pretty girl, you had to admit. She was popular among the school. She's, your ex-bestfriend. She barely reached Sehun's shoulder. Taeyeon playfully tried to ruffle Sehun's hair. Your shoulders drooped. *That's my job..* you thought to yourself.  You saw Sehun taking a quick glance at you and turned his attention back to Taeyeon. Your heart dropped. You really wanted to confront him, to go up to him and drag him away from Taeyeon and ask what was his problem, what was causing this. Lucky for you, the bell rang. Clearing your throat, you packed your bags and went out of the classroom. You heard bits of the conversation as you walked out. "...watch a movie today, oppa?" You shaked your head in attempt to get the thought out.

You tried to help yourself out of the growing crowd as students piled out of the classroom in search of their respective lockers. As you reached your lockers, you accidentally tripped over someone's feet, causing your books that you were holding to fall. You turned around to look at the person who made you trip, and the guy quickly glanced back and bowed slightly. *At least he attempted a sorry.* You bent down and collected your books. Dusting them, you opened your locker and put them in the respective places. School was over. As you closed your locker, your eyes caught a sight of a picture of both Sehun and you pasted at the corner of your locker. You reopened your locker again and reached out inside to take the picture. Gasping slightly, you caressed the picture as you realise this was taken over a year ago. When you two had just met. It was a picture of Sehun playfully dangling his arms over your shoulder and you trying to ruffle his hair. Both of you were grinning widely. You stared at the picture a little bit more. A huge wave of sadness overcame you. *Well, this is nothing but history now.* You folded the picture and stuffed it inside your pocket.

You counted the steps your feet was taking as you walked out of the school gates. As you waited for the traffic light to turn green, you kicked the stones dejectedly. "So, how's Sehun and you?" Your senses went on alert mode as you recognised that voice. You looked up and stared at the delicious handsome guy standing infront of you. "Ka-, Jongin oppa." you stuttered.

You fidgeted in your seat as you watched Kai (that's what his fangirls call him in school) talking to the waitress about his orders. "What about you? Chocolate latte as usual?" Kai grinned at you. His grin. You always thought it was the cutest thing in the world, next to Sehun's fail aegyo. *Wow he remembered.* Your heart did jumping jacks as you smiled back to him and meekly nodded. "How are you? I heard about it.." Kai unsurely looked in your eyes. "Oh, Ka-Jongin oppa. It's fine. I'm okay." You stuttered again. You swear you want to bury a hole right now and hide there forever. "Did you forget I only allow you to call me by my real name? Don't use Kai anymore. I'd feel distant from you." Kai cooly played with the straws on the table and looked out of the transparent glass. You fiddled with your skirt and took a glance at Kai's side profile. He was as handsome as ever. There was no wonder why tons of girls loved him. He was your very first crush when you just entered the school. But you didn't bear to confess to him as you always thought that being close friends was just enough for you. But eversince you met Sehun, you didn't know why, but you felt like Kai was emotionally, slowly drifting apart from you. Yes, he was physically with you, after school and during recess but you didn't feel the same closeness as you used to last time.

You hated this feelings. You were confused. Back then, Sehun would go everywhere with you and whenever Sehun was there, Kai would smile at you unsurely, as if he was hurt, and slowly back away and say that he had something on. You remembered that one day, when you and Sehun were alone in the park. "I don't want to share you." Those words ringed in your head as you travelled back to present time and watched as Kai observed his watch and played with the sidebuttons. *Such a kid.* Kai only shows this side of him to you, and in school he was known as the god hot kingka. You unknowingly giggled and Kai snapped his head back and peered at you. "What?" You waved his worries over and smiled at him. "Aniya, I was just thinking of some things. You know, its been quite a long while since we went out together with each other alone." Kai processed your words in his head as he cocked his head to the side. "Yes, I missed this moments." Kai smirked.