Chapter 19

It's Okay to be Alone.

Chapter 19.

 

With swift movements, Seunghyun was able to pack most of his stuff in his suitcase, he’ll just have to take a duffel bag with him and let them take his suitcase later.

As he finally got out of his room, he closed the door behind him. Seunghyun tried his best to walk pass the small kitchen to the front door but as he walked, he noticed the light was on.

 

“…Oppa?”

 

Seunghyun quickly looked and saw Minji, Daesung’s little sister, with her messy bed brown bobbed hair and oversized pjs. He almost forgot the girls were staying in the same suite!

“A-ah…Minji..” he stammered.

“What are you doing, Oppa?” she asked with a cookie in .

He smiled, “Shouldn’t I be asking you that? Does Daesung know you’re awake?”

“Yah..He doesn’t need to know! I wanted some cookies, but he didn’t let me have more than 5!”

‘But isn’t five already enough?’ thought Seunghyun as Minji continued to munch more from the containers.

“But what you are doing, Oppa? Are you sneaking out?” she said accusing him.

“I…uh..well how about this.” Seunghyun smirked. “Since Daesung doesn’t want you to have any more cookies, I’ll buy you 3 more boxes. And, you can hide them with me, so in case you want one, I’ll pretend their mines but I’ll give them to you. “

“Are you bribing me, Oppaaa?” Minji said between her munching. She’s just like his sisters!

Seunghyun gulped, hoping Minji wouldn’t scream out loud. But other than that, she would be in trouble…but then again, she could blame it on him. Would you rather believe a 15 year old girl or guy trying to sneak out with his bags?

“...Because it’s working.” Smiled Minji, She handed him the rest of the container of cookies, “I want exactly this one! And for the next concert, I want you to buy 2 boxes of the white chocolate and 2 boxes of the dark chocolate cookies.”

“But didn’t I say that I’ll get 3 boxes?”

“Nope. If I tell the others, you need to get me 4 boxes instead.” Minji said with a huge smirk, just like Daesung

Seunghyun chuckled, “Alright..now you go brush your teeth and hide the evidence.”

“Alright, bye bye Oppa!” Minji said as she ran off.

Seunghyun smiled to himself, What a cute little one. It’s a good thing I knew how to bribe, this even works on Hyori-noona!

Finally taking the elevator, he got off on the lobby floor. The whole hotel was practically empty since it was already in the middle of the night or morning of Christmas. But he wore a thick jacket with a scarf and hat to conceal his identity.

 

Walking through that door would take him to a taxi to the airport. But as he quickens his pace, he noticed a very familiar figure sitting on the couch in front of him. Seunghyun’s eyes widen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“T-Teddy-Hyung.”

 

Sitting there was Teddy. He was dressed in his usual slack pants and dress shirt, holding a large smirk on  his face.

“Well Well now. I’m surprised myself. I thought you would be Taeyang going down this elevator.”

Seunghyun slowly dropped his bag on the ground, “…What are you doing here?”

Teddy chuckled, “Aren’t I your boss—your mentor? I should be sending you back to your room. But.. I want you to deliver something for me.”

Seunghyun looked at him, “What is it?”

“I know you’re going to see Yoobin.” He threw him a small box. “Take that to her for me.”

Seunghyun caught it with one hand, it was a small silver wrapped box, as he examined it, Teddy came closer to him. “You know…it’s been a while since you and I had a talk but I guess now isn’t the time. So before I change my mind and deliver it myself, you should go.”

Teddy checked his watch, “It should be Christmas in Korea by the time you get there.”

He nodded, “A-Alright..” he said but as he tried to walk pass him, Teddy gripped on his arm hard.

“Don’t make me regret it.”

“H-Hyung..!” Seunghyun said, looking at him. Teddy’s eyes were dark but let go of his arm, “After what Seungri said about her being alone, it made me….think. At least someone stood up to go.”  He took out a key and handed to Seunghyun.

“What is this?”

“If you can’t get in, mind as well let yourself in.” he said with a smirk, as he walked away, waving to him goodbye.

 

‘He has a key to Yoobin’s house?!’

 

With Teddy’s back turned, walking away from Seunghyun  as he glared. But first things first, Yoobin.

 ~~~

After several hours,  Seunghyun was right in front of Yoobin’s door. With a long inhale and exhale, he knocked on the door. And as expected, no answer. Seunghyun checked his watch, it was only 9pm in Korea. Surely, she would still be awake.

Again, he knocked more louder. As he waited, he slightly shivered. The winter air was getting much colder compared to when he was in Japan and not to make it more worse, it started to rain.

‘How can it rain now?! It was supposed to be snowing!’ thought Seunghyun. ‘Should I go home?’

He turned around at the door once again and put his hands in his pocket until he felt something metal.

‘The key!’ he thought, ‘…but is it really the key to her house? Why…’

Without hesitation, he carefully placed it in the keyhole and almost to his surprised, it fits! Turning it, the door unlocked.

 “Oh man..” Seunghyun said out loud as he entered the doorway. Closing the door behind him, he locked the door.

The house was dark and very much empty, no lights were on. It took him a while until his eyes had to adjust to the darkness. He noticed that it was the first time he ever really went into Yoobin’s house, only to the hallway was the farest  he’s gotten to. But it was until then, he went to the same hallway and noticed that there was a light between two doorways.

‘It must be the living room.’  He thought as he slowly opened the door.

The only light in the room was the tv screen in loud volume where a girl’s scream echoing the house. Seunghyun jumped up, pulling his attention to the TV to the movie  that he hated the most, The Ring.

The face of the girl was on the screen, screeching in scary motions.

“What. Are . You. Doing. Here?”  said a voice out loud which Seunghyun turned around falling over the couch, bumping his head on the table.

“O-ow!”  he said as he looked up.

Yoobin was standing over him, wearing long baggy sweats and a T-shirt. Her hair was a little messy but flow long. She glared at him with her arms crossed.

“Don’t make me repeat myself, Brooklyn..What are you doing here?”

“Uh…just to see if you were okay?” he stammered as he got up still sitting on the ground.

Yoobin the lights and turned off the Tv in Seunghyun’s relief, he hated that movie!

“Yeah..right. Did Taeyang send you? Or Seungri?”

He shook his head, “No..I, uh..it’s just me. They..don’t know I’m here” he confessed.

“You sneaked out?  Why?” Yoobin said quickly asking questions.

“Well..you weren’t answering your phone or the door. They got worried.”

Yoobin crossed her arms and sighed, “I’m still alive.”

“I see that. But you still didn’t respond.”

“It doesn’t matter. Holidays are holidays.”

“Oh.”  Seunghyun said as he looked around, the coffee table in front of him were pile with snacks, mainly empty wrappers and togo boxes.

“You’ve…been home all this time.”

Yoobin shrugged, “Yeah.. I didn’t want to go out.” She said taking a seat on the couch.   “Tell me, what are you doing here? Be glad that I didn’t knock you out when you intruded in my house.”

“Just making sure you were okay.” Seunghyun said. “I..uh..—“

“Wait a minute…how did you even get in?”

‘Uh oh’ Thought Seunghyun, he sighed and took a seat next to her, “I..Teddy gave me a key.”

Yoobin stared at him, “What.”

“I thought the same, he has a key—Yoobin. Why?”

Yoobin quickly shook her head, “He… must’ve gotten it from the boys, Don’t think of anything.” Yoobin said as she got up straight, cleaning up the mess on the coffee table to the kitchen behind them.

Seunghyun followed her as she threw it in the garbage. He examined the kitchen and it too had more to-go boxes, there was an empty pizza box on the dinning table as well. The sink wasn’t compared either as it was too, filled with dirty dishes.

Yoobin has really been staying here this whole time..’ thought Seunghyun as he still watch Yoobin trying to clean some of the mess.

“Here,…let me help you.” Seunghyun said as he started to pick up some of the containers from the table but Yoobin beat him to it, taking the box away from him.

“No. Its fine.” She quickly said, hesitating, she ensured him, “This place…would have been clean since I wasn’t expecting anyone---.”

Yoobin was suddenly interrupted by the lights turning off and a swoosh of thunder. Seunghyun quickly looked around as the darkness consumed their surrounds but once the thunder made its sound, he immediately felt something behind him.

“…Yoobin?” he asked.

He felt her huddling behind him, strongly gripping the back of his hoodie. “What.” She said sternly.

“Are you alr---“
 

Boom!


The sound of the thunder crackled again then hearing the rain pouring down on the rooftop. With that sound, Yoobin quickly wrapped her arms around Seunghyun’s waist in surprise. Not only that, but she was shivering. But Yoobin still made no sound.

One hand was around his stomach and the other hand was directly on his chest. Silence flowed in but the sound of the pouring rain and of course, their staggered breath.

Seunghyun breathed in slowly as he looked down at Yoobin’s hands. He gently placed his hand on hers, the one on his chest. “It’s okay to be scared—“

“I’m not.” Yoobin quickly said as she let go of him. “Its…..It’s only thunder.”

Even if it was in the dark, Seunghyun already can tell she was making a face. He turned around and all he could see was the shadows from the windows.

“Alright..whatever you say, L.A Girl…do you have a flashlight around here?”

Hearing some shuffling around, Seunghyun could hear Yoobin moving around the kitchen, opening up cabinets, “Yeah. I got some in the cabinets—Ah!” She yelled as another thunder roared in from the distant, making her drop a huge pot on the ground making another loud clacking sound.

“Hey—Where are you!?”

Seunghyun said as he quickly tried to put his hands out in finding Yoobin.  He almost tripped over her as he found her squatting in the back of the kitchen.

“You alright?”

“Yeah….” She whispered as she got up. “Don’t you think I’m scared, either. I..hate loud noises.”

Seunghyun slightly chuckled, She always has to put up a strong front. “It’s alright, I guess the lighting took out the power…”

“Yeah.” Yoobin said once again, as she fished out two large flash lights from the top cabinet. “Here, you take this.”

Taking the flashlight from her, he turned it on. It worked perfectly. He flashed it around him and noticed that Yoobin also turned it on, “So…what do we do now?” Seunghyun asked.

“I think we should call it a night, I’ll clean up tomorrow. You must be tired.” Yoobin said.

Seunghyun nodded, “Yeah…” ‘It is a long night..’

“You’ll be here in the living room. I’ll go to the closet to get some blankets. Don’t go anywhere.”  She said as she used the flashlight to go up the stairs.

Seunghyun shrugged but smiled a bit to himself knowing that Yoobin often got bossy when she is actually a little embarrassed from being scared.

As he took a seat on the couch—which was very comfortable, he heard Yoobin coming in with a stack of blankets and pillows.

Putting it next to him, Yoobin said, “This should be enough.”  She pause a bit then finally turning to leave.

“H-hey..wait.” Seunghyun said.  

Yoobin didn’t turn around but she stood there.

‘Shooot.. What do I want to say? I mean..this whole situation is a little weird, I literally flew back from Japan just to see her and ta dah, she is okay. But…I want to be here---with her.”

“I uh..Let’s talk.” Seunghyun said, trying to think of something.

Yoobin turned around, “It’s late, I’m tired.” She said, crossing her arms, “You just flew from Japan to here.”

“Yeah but…” Seunghyun looked at his watch—thank goodness it had light!, “…It’s midnight!..it’s Christmas!” he smiled at her.

“Merry Christmas, L.A Girl.”  He said.

Yoobin scoffed, “…That’s it?” she said uninterested.

“You don’t like Christmas?” he asked.

“I hate it.” She silently said which widen Seunghyun’s eyes.

He looked away from her, “I’m..sorry.”

Yoobin nodded then turn to leave once again.

“Hey.”  Seunghyun stopped her.

“What is it this time?” 

He walked towards her and put something in her hand. “Here.” Seunghyun said.

Feeling something metal, she tried to examine it, “What is this?”

“Something I got from Japan, so there, Merry Christmas.” Seunghyun said. “Look at it when there is light, it’s hard to see it now.”

With the mysterious object in the hand, she held on to it tight and look at him with a small nod, “T-Thanks...”

Seunghyun gave her a smile. “And good night.” He said finally leaving to himself back to the couch.

~~~~

Yoobin laid in bed after she was able to find her way to her bedroom. With the object still in her hand, she thought to herself.

“That Seunghyun is so weird. What was his main intention of coming here?”

As she turned to her side, she placed the small gift under her pillow as sleep started to drift. It was a while since she even slept for the last two weeks, most of them were all nighters. Yoobin admits that she was being an owl, only sleeping in the day and awake in the night.

The only things she heard from her windows were raindrops pouring heavy hitting against the glass.  Until…another loud boom roared once again.

In an instant, Yoobin’s eyes were wide opened but then  quickly closed her ears in terror as she started to shake and sweat. Her mind was going in a blank

 

‘No…No..No!...Why?!’

 

‘The sound…it won’t stop.’

 

‘Make it stop, make it stop…!’

 

Yoobin tried to calm herself down by thinking gentle thoughts but as another loud thunder roared in the night. She panicked covering herself in a huddle under the blankets. Her breathing was quickly pacing.

She closed her eyes tight but…it was a bad choice.

 

Flash backs and all her nightmares were coming alive. Flames, scream, people running and words..

 

‘You are a killer.’

 

 

Yoobin screamed.

 

 

~~~

Seunghyun woke up suddenly. It was either the rain or a sudden nightmare. He looked outside the window and noticed that the weather hasn’t changed nor the lights came back on then he noticed that a flash came out behind him.

 

“Oh..its still thundering out there…” he said but stopped.

 

‘Thunder…Oh no.’

 

He heard several bumps and movement…then a scream.

 

 

“YOOBIN!”

 

Quickly running up to the stair in the dark, he didn’t even bother to bring a flashlight with him. Seunghyun looked around. The Hallway was long and dark, taking a step forward, he heard a loud thump…

 

Thump…

 

Thump…

 

“…Yoobin?” he called out. But there was still no sound but the loud thumping noises.

Putting his hand on the wall, he followed the vibration of the sound as he walked forward. Seunghyun then stopped at a closed door. 

“…It should be this one..”

He quickly opened and sure enough, it was Yoobin’s room---or it looked like it. Even in the dark, the room was simple as there was a large clean desk, and a bed. But no Yoobin.

Seunghyun looked around and suddenly to his right, there was another door. It must be a walk-in closet.

“Yoobin---“  he called out but was cut off when another loud sound of thunder roared from the window and once it hit, the loud Thudding sound continued. He was right, Yoobin is in there!

Opening the door, he walked in, there were racks of clothes around the walk-in closet but in the far corner was…Yoobin with her hands covering her ears, banging against the side wall. Her back was facing him.

Seunghyun eyes wide opened as he couldn’t believe what was happening to her.

Slowly but cautiously, he kneeled down behind her, barely touching her shoulder, “…H-ey..” But before he even said her name, another crackle of the thunder roared once more, making Yoobin turning around crashing into Seunghyun’s arms.

 

“…P-Please…M-Make it S-stop……Make it STOP!”  she yelled, burrowing in his chest, ears still covered with her hands. Yoobin was shivering as if she was a panic of fear.

 

“..Hey—“ Seunghyun started, arms around her. Again, another thunder roared, followed by rain.

 

“..Please…” she begged,  “Just make it…Stop!”  Yoobin yelled once more, her voice was cracking. She was dying.

 

She continued to muffle her screams against Seunghyun’s chest.

 

 

“….P-PLEASE…Aarrrhh!!”

 

Trying the best he can, Seunghyun rubbed her back. All he could do was hold her but Yoobin continued shaking. They both continued to sit in that position as it rained. Within moments, they both knew it was now only pouring rain outside, Seunghyun felt Yoobin’s breathing had slowed down.

 But within moments, Seunghyun was shoved backwards from Yoobin in surprise. It was as if Yoobin wanted to get away from him.

“You…what are you doing here?” she quickly said, almost accusing him.

“Yah..the thunder woke me up. I had to check on you.” Seunghyun said.

With a stare, Yoobin said, “You should have went back to sleep.”

“Ptsh, and with you nearly dying of a panic attack? You were shaking, banging your head against the wall, L.A Girl. You think I would be able to sleep through that?! “ he said back in defense. There was no way that he is gonna let her be the tough guy.

Yoobin became quiet as she pulled her legs in.

Sensing the silence,  Seunghyun breathed in as he crawled closer, “Come on, I’ll help you get to bed.”

With a slight nod, he helped her get up and took her elbow to the soft mattress of her bed. Yoobin quietly sat down and looked up. Seunghyun also looked at her.

Both quiet as the only sound was the heavy rain poured on her window.

“Will you be okay?” Seunghyun finally asked.

Yoobin nodded but hesitated as she opened .

“What is it?” he said, kneeling down in front of her.

Yoobin rubbed her hands together, “You know you shouldn’t be here..”

“But I am..” he whispered

She looked down at him, where Seunghyun was giving her a smile.

“Then..you take the floor.”  Yoobin quickly said as she flipped over to her side on the bed, covering her head with a blanket.

Confused,  but Seunghyun held in a laugh. It was her way of asking him to stay with her.

Seunghyun stood up with his hands on his hip as he continued to smirk.

“And I’ll give you five minutes…or outside.”

Ouch! Was she really going that far? Seunghyun thought but quickly yelled an “Okay!”  but he knew deep down, she was still worried about the thunder..

 

Moments later, Seunghyun was laying on the ground with the blankets he gotten from the couch downstairs. It has stopped raining a while ago so he wondered if Yoobin already fell asleep. But from judging her breathing, she was probably still awake.

Seunghyun wanted to peek up but he probably get a kick to the head if he tried. So he waited…not sure for what but he was hoping sleep would take over. For some reason, his heart wasn’t letting him.

“Can’t sleep?”

His ears perk up? Did Yoobin just ask something?

“Huh?...uh, yeah..” he answered.

“Same.”

Silence came. The air wasn’t awkward but it was peaceful. 

 

“My parents were murdered.”

Seunghyun in a breath as he looked up in the dark celling. What?

He was calm as Yoobin was stating out her story but he had worried eyes.

“..They were shot. I was only a little girl then.” Yoobin said and then hesitated.

 

A moment passed, Seunghyun could hear her breathing---just hesitating.

What else does she want to tell me? He thought.

 

Seunghyun heard her shuffling around the blankets; she moved to face the wall.

 

“And…I killed them.”

 

~~~

*Buzz Buzz

 

“Ummhhhh…..” A moan came from under the sheets, as a hand slapped down a clock next to the table.

Seungri, with his bed head, looked at the clock. It was still early just in time to get some breakfast and out on the plane!

He got up and looked around, seeing Jiyong already gone—must be brushing his teeth. So he got up and stretched.

“Yah…Hyung~” he chirped as he walked towards the bed next to him. Seungri kicked the lump in the middle of the bed.

“…Hyung!..Wake up we gotta go soon.” Seungri didn’t see any movement from under the sheets which was a little strange.

“…Yah..Seunghyun—AHHH!!” he yelled.

 

 

“SEUNGHYUN IS GOOONNEEEEEE!!!!!!!!”

 

~~~

“Hey…”

Taeyang turned around and noticed Jiyong was standing there with two glasses of Orange juice. Jiyong handed him one.

“Thanks.” Taeyang said as he drank it while Jiyong gave him a nod.

It has been a while since their fight but being adults they acted professional around each other during performances but when they are alone one-on-one, it sometimes gets awkward.

“…urm.”

“What is it?” Taeyang said which gave Jiyong a shiver.

“..Do you know when Noona’s Birthday is?”

“You don’t know?” Taeyang replied.

Jiyong shrugged, “I should feel bad but I really don’t know…I don’t think—“

“None of us knows...” Taeyang whispered as widen his eyes in realization. “This is terrible. I know we knew Babygirl since we were little but now that I think of it…we never celebrated a birthday with her or any holidays.”

“She always wanted to be alone, Do you know why?”

Taeyang crossed his arms, “I wish I knew.  But how does…Teddy-hyung know?”

With some silence, Jiyong wondered, “Do you think…Teddy-hyung  and Noona---“

But before Jiyong said his thought, they heard Seungri in a far distance, “HE’S GONEE!!!!!”

 

~~~

 

Her hair was soft

 

Seungyun smiled to himself, he can just feel it underneath his fingertips. As if he can easily twirl his fingers around her hair as it gently falls off.

But man….it was just too real.

Wait a minute…who--?

Seunghyun’s eyes quickly opened. There is a little light in the room but what was a little off was something warm holding him…

 

He looked down and noticed Yoobin head was laying on his chest. She was breathing gently and slowly. ..

Seunghyun sighed but then noticed that his hand was tangled in her hair.  

“Heh..so that was it..” he whispered as he smiled. Seunghyun took his fingers out of her soft hair and placed his hand on her back, gently rubbing her back.

Yoobin made a small sound as she pushed closer to him. Her arms were around his waist, snuggling closer to him.

Seunghyun almost chuckled but then stopped as he wondered about what she said before.

“I..killed them.”

Seunghyun quickly lifted off his hand from her back and breathed slowly. What she said actually scared him but again, he felt sadness.

 “…You need to tell me more. I can’t help you if you don’t say anything. Whether that’s the truth or not..I want to help you.” He whispered.

There was no answer but Yoobin’s soft breathing. Seunghyun gently placed his hand on the back of her head, near her neck.

“At least right now, you’re safe with me.” He said smiling. Feeling the skin on the back of her neck, it was warm. But it was strange because it was a little..too warm.

Worried, Seunghyun turned her over, “Y-Yoobin?”

On her back, Yoobin’s forehead was getting moist with sweat. Seunghyun touched her forehead, she was burning up!

He shook her a little but failed as she shivered. It looked like she was having a bad dream as well.

Without thought, He carried her up onto her bed. “Yah…” he said.

Again, no answer. Seunghyun quickly ran down stairs, getting a towel and wet it.

He went back up and placed it on her forehead. “Man…this is going to be a long night…” Seunghyun said.

~~~

She was alone…again.

Standing there in the middle of the park, it was cold and foggy.

10 year old, Yoobin looked around in her red pea coat.  “Omma?...Appa?” she said out loud.

She walked along the path where it took her to a water fountain, the water still tinkled down despite the cold.

Yoobin started to worry. No one was there but felt someone behind her. As she turned around, there was a dark figure and suddenly the area changed into a dark alley.

“Yooobinn….” The person chanted.

Yoobin froze. The person in front of her, why couldn’t she move..?

With a little courage, she yelled out, “WHAT DID YOU DO TO OMMA AND APPA?!”

The person laughed as it started to come closer…

“….Heh Heh..shouldn’t you already know?”

With a shift movement the figure disappeared, leaving two bodies on the floor.

Red stains all over the ground, laid there were her parents.

“O-Omma…A-Appa?” she said.

 

Yoobin slowly walked over to them with tears in her eyes. “Why…” then she looked down on to her hands, something cold and metal.

Something she always hated but used.

                                                                                                                                       A Gun.

-

 

“NO!”

 

Yoobin yelled getting up from the bed. She was breathing heavily as she looked around. It must be mid-morning. She thought then felt a warm cloth fall down to her lap.

Picking it up, it was still moist. “…Was I sick last night?” she said out loud then looked over on the ground.

Seunghyun was gone. The sheets and blankets were folded next to her table.

‘He probably left…’  thought Yoobin but then a weird scent slowly came into her nose.

Curious, she quickly got out and walked down the stairs. The smell was unfamiliar only until she saw a figure of Seunghyun’s back on the stove. He was cooking.

 

Well, Good morning , Sleepy girl.” He said in his mocking English.

Yoobin simply grunted as she took a seat on the stool at the island table in the kitchen. Seunghyun smiled as he placed a bowl in front of her.

…that was the smell..

 

It was a bowl of seaweed soup.

Yoobin looked at it and then at Seunghyun.

“I..uh..heard your birthday just passed. I know it’s late but..just a thought you may like some seaweed soup.” Seunghyun mentioned.

But Yoobin continued to stare at green bowl. Seunghyun continued on, “..Sorry if it’s a little too sudden..you were also catching a fever last night so I thought soup would help---“
 

“I’ve hadn’t have seaweed soup in such a long time…” Yoobin whispered. She picked the spoon and started to mix it.

Seunghyun’s eyes soften. She never celebrated her birthday? He quickly shook his head but smiled, “Come on, Try it…I promised I didn’t put anything sneaky in it.”

With hesitation, Yoobin took the spoon and slurped as Seunghyun watched, waiting for her reaction.

She nodded, which pleased Seunghyun. “Good?! Well….I also made some breakfast as well. I got some eggs, pancakes and even on the roll of making kimchi fried rice for lunch—wait…its already lunch..” he continued to babble on. But again, Yoobin interrupted.

“…its been a long time since I had a nice meal like this. Having it home cooked is rare.”

“I’m glad.” Seunghyun said smiling. “I’ll make more.”

They ate together that morning mostly in silence or some small talks.  But in truth, Yoobin did like his company. It was something different compared to the other boys.

As they cleared up the dishes, Yoobin looked around the living room and noticed that it was spotless.

“Did..you clean up?”

Seunghyun slightly nodded, “Just something to say ‘thanks’ for staying over…”

Smirking, Yoobin crossed her arms, “You’re actually a good…’house wife’.”

“Hey. What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Cooking and Cleaning? Maybe I should have hired you.”  Yoobin mocked.

“Yah. Yah. My noona always told me to clean..so I had to!”

“Uh..huh, Sure.” Yoobin said as she sat on the couch but felt something hard. Looking under the cushion, she found a box. “What is this?”

Seunghyun looked over and noticed that she was holding the box that he was supposed to give to her from Teddy.

“Uh..It’s..”

Teddy.” Yoobin said looking under the box when she unwrapped it. It was a small blue velvet box.

A ring box? thought Seunghyun.

But Yoobin didn’t even bother opening it and took the box, throwing it in the trash with a thud.

L.A girl...” Seunghyun started.

Yoobin sighed and she looked up, “It’s not—“

“What I think?..Yah, I heard that before, seriously, what is going on between you two?”

“Nothing.” Yoobin said getting up from the couch.

Seunghyun walked up to her, “Listen…last night, you told me things that you kept to yourself... Why not use it to trust me now?”

Yoobin didn’t say anything but Seunghyun understood.

He nodded as he placed a hand on her shoulder, “It’s…okay. I’m ready whenever you are--”

 

“YOOBIN!!!!”

 

A voice roared in the house with a door slam.

“…Taeyang?” Yoobin wondered as she turned to look but was then body slammed into the couch.

“Waaaahhh!! Nooona! You’re okay, you’re okay!...YOU’RE OKAYY!!!” Seungri  said snuggling into her chest on the sofa. “We thought we were sick or something and then we flew our butts down here because we found out that Seunghyun—“

“That’s Enough!” Daesung said pulling him off of Yoobin who was coughing as she sat up.

“Yah. Are you okay, Noona?!” Daesung asked kneeling next to her.

With a scoffed, “I have a headache now.” Yoobin said.

“Daesung! Look at what you did!” Seungri accused him.

“What?! NO you did! You literally slammed her down!”

With those two bickering, Yoobin stood up until she felt a hand grab her elbow, pulling her into an embrace.

“Uff…Tae.” Yoobin said, sensing his scent.

“Hey, you alright, Baby girl?” he said breaking the hug, looking at her.

“I’m fine. I..uh..This guy, here, “ she motioned to Seunghyun, “Came by.”

Seunghyun who was standing in the middle of the commotion, just shrugged.

“Yah. Hyung! Why did you leave?! We could’ve went with you!” Seungri said

“I..uh, well Teddy-hyung let me go first.”

“What? He did?!” Daesung said. “No fair!”

“Its fine…I’m alive.” Said Yoobin, then trying to change the subject, “Where are the girls?”

Taeyang looked at her, “The girls?”

“Ah..they went home to visit the family for a bit!”  Daesung said.

Yoobin nodded. It was actually nice to have them come back. She admitted that missed the company.

“Nooona!” another voice said,

 

Jiyong..

 

He came in with six large colorful bags. With a huge grin, “We bought back some souvenirs!”  he said placing them all on the ground.

“YAY! We bought it all from the places we were touring in!”

 

Taeyang, who pulled out a small cupcake in front of her, “Sorry, but Happy Belated Birthday …”

 

“AND MERRY CHIRSTMAS, YOOBIN-NOONNAA!” Seungri said.

 

In that moment, Yoobin did a small smirk. This was the very first in a long time that she was able to celebrate anything. “You boys…really ..”

“We feel bad that we left you alone, this is something we want to do.”  Daesung mentioned with a big grin.

“Yeah, Open them! We even wrapped it!” Seungri said, pushing a big box in front of her.

Yoobin sat on the ground and stared at the box. She looked up at all of their smiling faces—even Seunghyun.

“Go on. Open it.” Seunghyun said encouraging her.

 

And so she did.

 

~~~

Several hours later into late afternoon, Yoobin had received many shirts, hoodies and even 5 pairs of limited edition sneakers. They were just hanging out in the living room like old times but with Seunghyun.

“Oh..we gotta go.” Taeyang mentioned after being on the phone..possibly by Teddy.

Seungri sighed, “Ah…really?”

“Oh man,  I forgot we had a concert tonight!” Seunghyun said. He wasn’t ready for it even though it was the last concert for a while.

“Don’t get rusty just yet. It is the last one.” Jiyong mentioned.

“I hear…we may get some competition.” Taeyang said.

Seungri looked up, “Competition?”

“Yeah…Teddy-hyung said that there is this new group that is doing an opening act.” Taeyang said as he looked to Yoobin. “Baby girl..you don’t happened to know---“

“Nope.” Yoobin merely said. “Why do you think I would know?”

“Thought you would since…well if Teddy-hyung knows then we thought you do too.” Seungri mentioned.

Yoobin frowned and threw a crumpled up gift wrapping paper  at him. “Don’t mention him and me knowing the same information..”

“Is there something you don’t like about him? Baby girl, it seems that we don’t know you anymore but he does.” Taeyang said eyeing her. It was something he needed to know. Honestly, he wanted to talk to her privately but since they were on the subject, he was concerned.

Seunghyun looked at Yoobin as she tried to think of an answer until the door bell rang.

Saved by the bell.

Daesung got up and volunteered to open it. “Shin’s here! We gotta go!” he yelled from the door.

Taeyang sighed as he gathered his things, “Well..we will have this conversation next time. We hope to see you there, Baby girl” he said as he gave her a hug good bye.

Everyone else took their turns saying good bye as Seunghyun was the last one left, who just smiled at her.

“Well..See you.” He said as he turned around.

With hesitation, Yoobin called to him, “W-Wait.”

Seunghyun turned around and stopped. She’s hesitating again.

 

“I..” she took a breath in and out “…Thank you.” Yoobin said finally in English.

Seunghyun nodded. He knew what she meant, a ‘Thank you’ for being there, cooking her food, comforting her and importantly, keeping her secret.

He walked towards her and reached his hand out very slowly, to her cheek. Not sure if Yoobin would fight against his hand but until he was able to cup her cheek with his hand, it was okay.

Seunghyun’s thumb gently glided her cheek, “Anytime, L.A girl, Anytime.” He said with a smile.

 

“Come on, Seunghyun!” Daesung yelled at him from the back.

 

“Coming!”

 

With one last look at Yoobin, Seunghyun mentioned as he pointed at her, “No hesitation. Once you call, you know I’ll be running.”

 

~~~

As they finally left the house, Yoobin was once again alone. She was cleaning and putting her new gifts away. Picking up several more papers, she went to the trash bin but stopped after seeing a box—the box that she threw away that morning.

She placed the wrapping papers on the side and picked up the box. It was a blue velvet box with a clasp in the front…

With a straight face, Yoobin placed it on the table and stared at it. She has no idea what it was nor did she want to look at it. But she was curious.

“Curiously killed the cat.” She said. “…I just hope it’s not a bomb.”

No hesitation’ the two words that rang in her head from Seunghyun.

 

Yoobin sighed as she took the box and opened it.

 

 

“Oh. My.God.”