Chapter 12

It's Okay to be Alone.

A/n: thank you for those who subscribed. Please comment. have a great day. I will be uploading more soon.

 



“Another top hit for three weeks straight!, GREAT JOB!” said Shin, their assistant manager yelled out in delight.

“All thanks to Seungri here!”

Everyone applauded including Yoobin who were in the VIP room in the club. It was just at the end of Big Bang’s and Seungri’s solo performance where Shin came popping in telling them the news.

Seungri smiled brightly, he was happy with the result of how much support that he was getting even after revealing that he was Seungri of Big Bang not Lee Seunghyun.

“T-Thanks everyone. Without any of your support, I don’t think I could have done it.” Seungri shyly said.

It has been a couple of weeks now that Seungri has come out of his hiding spot as Lee Seunghyun. With Sunmi as his girlfriend, he was worried that fangirls would get jealous but they were also supported and titled as the “Cutest-Odd couple”…better than being hated, why not a weird name?

“Everyone really liked your solo! Its everywhere on the radio. I’m almost scared that it will outplay some of the Big Bang’s songs!” Shin jokingly said as he took a seat on the couch with Taeyang, Daesung, Seungri and Jiyong on the other side.

Jiyong smirked, “Nah, he won’t! All of our voices together will be more of an explosion!”

Agreeing, Shin answered, “That’s correct…and now that Seungri’s solo is out. I just talked to your Manager who is now settling in the U.S for more projects.
He want a new rapper..”

Everyone grew quiet.

Unsure of the situation, Taeyang said, “We barely had a new member come out. Why does he need another rapper now? Can’t we wait?”

“No. There is no time. Soon people will be bored of hearing the same thing over and over again with the same people. Your Manager insists that you need a rapper NOW. Also, he told us that we should be getting ready for the next solo artist.”

Surprised, Jiyong said, “W-what? Already? It’s barely been a month since Seungri.”

Shin sighed “Again, it’s because people can get tired, even if its been a month.”

Going in closer, Seungri said, “So..who is the next solo artist?”

“It’s—“

Before Shin could answer, his phone rang. Motioning that he needed to take it because it was important, he let himself out of the room.

Feeling the new stress in the air, Jiyong sighed. He knew that getting a new member was going to be difficult but for a rapper? He didn’t want to admit that if they did find a new rapper, he hope he wasn’t going to replaced even though Taeyang wanted a new rapper.

Laying back on the couch, Taeyang messaged his forehead as he sighed, “So…how are we going to do this?”

“…Why don’t you look for another rapper?”

They all looked at the corner where Yoobin casually sat. With a water bottle in her hand, “Another talent show?”

Taeyang shook his head, “…No it’s hard. We need someone good that we can trust.”

“Why..do we need one now?” Jiyong said in worry.

“Didn’t you listen?..Manager-Hyung said we need one now..and we should follow his orders” Daesung said. Stress was also taking over his head as well. He just didn’t know what to think.

Yoobin frowned. “How well do you know this ‘manager’?” Since their childhood with them, she was surprised that they were taking orders from someone especially if its only their manager assistant. It seem a little fishy for her taste.

“He’s really really REALLY cool, Noona.” Seungri exclaimed. “When I was doing some underground Dj-ing, he found me just singing to myself and asked if I wanted to be a part of something.”

Taeyang and Jiyong nodded.

“That’s how we found us too.” Motioned Jiyong as he grinned, “Tae and I were just jamming then some stranger went to us, we thought he was some guy picking on us but it seemed that he was trustworthly.”

Agreeing, Daesung mentioned, “It was also not too long till I came in as well. At first being a trainee was difficult, but Manager-Hyung taught us everything we needed to know. He was very good to us and we all trust that if what he says will work, it really does work!”

“… Well,..if you say so…I guess. ” Yoobin said.

~~~





“Yah…Bom-Unniee..”


Bom looked up from her book and frowned, “What, Sohee?

“I’m..” Sohee slumped in front of the table, front of Bom, “BOORRED.”

She smirked, “Well, you wouldn’t be bored, if you help me with this project. That you and me are supposed to work on. What happened to the “PARTNERS” in this project??”

It was study hours time, since the talent show, everyone was now partnered up for a music presentation. Sohee and Bom were partners, or rather were forced to be together because of Taeyang.

But this time Sohee frowned, she was literally not feeling to do anything. Since the talent show, it was hard for her to get any time with Jiyong since he was too busy with his plans; this is probably why Sohee is getting grumpy.

“This project reeecks.” Sohee complained.

“…Well you aren’t the only one..”

They both look at the table next to them, seeing Sunye sitting by herself. “My partner just eloped and left me.” She said as she pointed to Sunmi who was
busy snuggling next to Seungri.


“Those freaking lovebirds are at it again..”



 

~~~



Seunghyun let out a sigh, laying down on the grass,he looked up into the sky. The sun was shining unusually bright and with the birds singing, it was a really nice day only to be then shadowed by the sun.

Ever since his performance, he was getting a little fame as random girls started to follow him around. Hinting that they were fangirls, he just wanted to get away.

“Skipping class again?” a voice said, which is very familiar to his ears.

Smirking, “Why,.yes. But I don’t recall when ‘skipping’, I would have a stalker.”

Yoobin frowned and immediately kicked his foot which made Seunghyun sit up in pain.

“Yah!!”

Not caring, even though Yoobin feels strongly that he deserved it. came close to him, “We have a project together. And together means,…sadly, you and me. I am not doing this all by myself. So get your sorry up, and god forbid, work with me here so it can be painless. ” She said in a monotone voice.

Smirking, Seunghyun peered up to her face, almost forehead to forehead, “…I’m already a step ahead of you.” He said as he shoved a piece of paper to her from his back pocket.

Yoobin took a step back and read what was he shoved to her which was two tickets.

“A Classical music concert?”

“…Not just any,” Seunghyun said as he was getting up from the grass, “We are supposed to do a presentation about music right? Well, since we both
sadly have a taste in rap and hiphop. Classical music is something we should listen to. From it, we can also make any type of rhythm and flow.”

Raising her eyebrows, Yoobin looked at him “….and these tickets are?”

Shaking his head, “I just said it. it’s not gonna be your typical classical music, girl. You and me are going to this concert. SO..[/i] dress nice [/i]” Seunghyun said as he smirked.

Yoobin made a face, “You know..this is the worst accuse for trying to get someone to go on a date with you.”

“Oh? Well I’m not the one who is calling it a date. You wanted to work on something quick and easy.”

Touche Yoobin’s thought.

Noticing that Yoobin didn’t say anything, Seunghyun chuckled. “Well…see you this weekend. L.A Girl



 

~~~





“Hey Taeyang-Hyung!” yelled out Seungri.

Looking up from his table, Taeyang saw him enter the office. They were in the VIP room that night even if its their day off from performing.

Taeyang nodded at him, “What’s up?”

“I got a small concern to ask.” Seungri said as if he was a little nervous.

“And that is?” Taeyang’s stare became hard which Seungri slightly flinched.

“It’s about Choi Seunghyun…”

~~~





"Come on Seunghyun! We're leaving soon!" called out a young woman outside the door. She had long wavy brown hair and wore a simple dress with matching heels. Many would have notice or even think she would be a model by her beauty. She went back into the house and yelled out in the hallway.

“Hur. Rrrryyyy uppp~”Singing out each words to annoy Seunghyun

Grumbling, he walked down the hallway and out the door.

She had her hands to her hips. "Finally! You know, you take longer than me!" she said pointing a finger at him.

"Ptsh. I do not."

"Yeessss yesss! you doooo!" a little girl said excitedly as she put her hands in the air.

Seunghyun squatted in front of her and patted her head, "Well, if it wasn't for her terrible voice then I would gotten dressed faster right?"

"Heey!" the woman yelled , "My voice is better than yours! being all deep and scary."

Well..that's what makes the girls crazy..

Ignoring her comment, Seunghyung faced the little girl, "So, where to today, little princess?"

She giggled. " B B Q! bee beee QU!" she declared as she roam around the front yard

The woman sighed, "That's all she’s been craving for..." she was quite disappointed worrying that her little girl would get into bad eating habits.

"I wonder who she gets it from..." Seunghyun lauged

She frowned, " Yah,What's with you and making fun of me!" walking towards Seunghyun

Oh no I'm gonna get hit!

Seunghyun ran to the little girl, picked her up and ran to the car

"Lets go Evia!, before scary godzilla-Hyoriii gets us!"


“YAH!”

---


“Choi Seunghyun?” Taeyang repeated, “What about him?”

Seungri sat down on the couch in front of him, “You know that crazy performance he pulled off a couple of weeks ago? I can’t get that out of my head. It was
great! I mean…too Great. I mean I’m not saying he is better but do you think…?”

Taeyang folded his arms, “So you’re saying you want him as our rapper?”

He slightly chuckled, “Well…sure but I mean he is really good and you know me. It takes a long time for me to trust anyone but for Choi Seunghyun. It’s a little different. Ever since he came here, he’s been helping me out, so maybe we can use him. But..”

“But?”

Seungri sighed, “I don’t know. It’s a little weird. He’s been asking me about Us—Big Bang.”

“About us?” Taeyang raised his eyebrows, “What does he want to know?”

“He kept asking me who we are. Since I..or well, he has seen me perform as Seungri, he knows that I am a member of Big Bang. But for some reason, he doesn’t know the rest of the members.-- you, Daesung or worse—Jiyong, since I know they both don’t get along.”

Taeyang nodded. It was strange all right. Not knowing who the members of Big Bang, despite the fact that their posters are all of the walls and on billboard,
how can Seunghyun not know?

“So…the dilemma here is that, you trust Seunhyun as a rapper but in a way, you are a little unsure about his ways about us?”

Seungri nodded. “I do trust him but..should we be concerned? He will know who we are eventually.”

“Yeah, that’s true. But for now, try to keep it to yourself since he is from the States, we may not know what he will do.”

“And for the position?”

“I’ll think about it. We need to see if anything changes, we should talk to him. Yoobin doesn’t know about this, does she?”

“About him? Not that I know of. Noona sometimes knows and it’s a little scary.”

~~~



It was slightly past six o' clock when Yoobin walked out on the sidewalks. Random people giving her weird looks as she past by wondering what a girl like herself is wondering in the streets.

She had sunglasses, beanie and a hood on which she also had big black headphones over blocking herself from the world. Yoobin enjoyed night walks like this, it made her forget anything and everything. There were times where she just wanted to get away but tonight it was cut short-- groooowwlll …her stomach...

D.mn she cursed. Yoobin pressed her hand against her terribly angry tummy.

I've been walking around for about an hour or so..sorry tummy Yoobin frowned as she looked down patting her stomach. Times like these she even forget to even care of herself. Walking down the city lights, she was at an unfamiliar area.

Aish..I dont know where I am.. Yoobin stop foot at a causal restaurant which caught her eye and made her stomach growl more Maybe my tummy first then find a way back home..

Yoobin took off her headphones putting it into her bag and put her hood down to walk inside. She was immediately greeted by a worker.

“Hi there, How many?” a women asked not much older than her gave her a big smile.

“One.” Yoobin declared. She was so used to eating by herself, there no need to explain and Yoobin had to wonder why must that worker smile so brightly?

“Uh. Okay. Right this way” the women turned showing her the way.

Settling down, Yoobin quickly opened the menu

“Call us whenever you’re ready..”

Yoobin only nodded as her response leaving the poor waitress quite intimidated.


“Oh..this is a BBQ type restaurant..” noticing a grill in front of her.



 

~~~


Arriving at their destination, Seunghyun, Hyori and Evia got out of the car. Evia held on to Hyori hand as they all entered the restaurant.

“Hi, how are you today?”

The female greeter in the front welcomes them as if the greeting was mostly aimed only towards Seunghyun.

“One?” she asked., not noticing two others with him

Before he was about to answer, Hyori slipped her arm around his, “Actually, it’s three. Please.”

Giving the waitress a stern look, the waitress also looked at the little girl next to her.

“A-ah. I apologize, this way please..”

Following her though the hallway still arm in arm, Seunghyun shook his head, “Really..Hyori..do you have to do that?” he whispered to her.

She smiled, “She can’t fool me, DEAR.” Hyori then gave a small peck on his cheek when the now imitated waitress slightly turned to take a look at them.

“OKAY..sweetheart.” Seunghyun said as clutched through his teeth

As they were about to turn a corner he stopped abruptly, and stared at what was in front of him.

“Huh?..Seunghyun?” Hyori asked.



 

~~~




Yoobin was almost in heaven. There were 3-5 different kinds of plates fill with pork, chicken, short ribs and side dishes of kimchi. She was grilling all kinds of food that was laid out

Mann. I’m gonna have to remember this place so I can come back.! she thought as she placed more short ribs onto the grill.

Around her, other customers were giving her weird stares because it wasn’t common to see a young looking tomboy eating.. nonetheless alone and enjoying herself eating BBQ when it was supposed to be with party of more.

But Yoobin didn’t care, she was enjoying what she was eating, alone or not.

Even if I did eat with some people, I wouldn’t be able to get as much THIS!. She smirked to herself.

As she was about to stuff another piece of freshly cooked beef into even though she was still chewing on a kabob of chicken, she heard a name that she wouldn’t expect to hear.

“Seunghyun?”

Yoobin looked up seeing Seunghyun with a surprised expression. She noticed a woman holding his arm with a little girl on her side.

“What’s wrong, Honey?” the woman asked again tugging on his arm.

Honey?..

Yoobin stared at him for a brief second almost forgetting to chew as she swallowed until she started to cough loudly, pounding on her chest.

Water!

Seunghyun immediately rushed to her side, patting on her back giving her a glass of water.

“Drink!” He said putting the glass to her lips.

Yoobin took it without hesitation and chugged it all down giving her relief.

She sighed in content, “W-what are you doing here?”

Seunghyun smirked. “ Finding a damsel in distress…”

Yoobin glared at him.

He pointed to the woman and the girl near him.” I’m here to eat?”

The woman who was with Seunghyun quickly came over, “Ah I hope you are alright..seems like SeungHyun knew what to do.” She smiled.

Yoobin nodded.

“This is Hyori. She’s my—“ Seunghyun started but was then interrupted by the little girl. “I'M HUNGRY!” she yelled out loud, obviously whining for attention.

He chuckled in embarrassment, “Sorry, and this is Evia, okay we’re gonna eat now okay?”

“But my tummy is hungry!” Evia whined, “Can we sit here to eat? Nooow?”

“Right here? Is that okay with you…urm..” Hyori started to say, not knowing Yoobin’s name

“..Its Yoobin..yeah..It’s okay with me.” Yoobin said even though she was a little unsure of her presence.

“Thanks, Yoobin.”” Seunghyun said almost too kindly, giving Yoobin a smirk

When they were settled, Evia sat with Hyori and Seunghyung next to Yoobin. They took their orders and are waiting for their food to be cooked on the grill.

Since Yoobin was partly finished eating, she couldn’t help but notice what was Hyori and Seunghyung relationship. Could Hyori be..? and Evia is the…? Hrmm can’t be…

It’s not like she cared but Hyori name was almost too familiar but she couldn’t recall where she heard it from.

“So, I hear you’re from L.A correct?” Hyori asked Yoobin who got out of her thinking.

“Huh? Y-yes..I was.”

Hyori smiled, “I used to live there myself..”

Surprised, “Ah, really?” Yoobin replied as she took a bite of her last rib.

She nodded, “I use to model and perform there time to time, “ She laughed, “I don’t do so much of that anymore..” She sighed thinking of her past memories ,

“Oh..Those were my—“

“You’re THE HYORI?!, the one who models for the latest imported cars AND sings with the greatest rappers?!”

Yoobin almost spat out her food but covered , shocking both Hyori and Seunghyun

“BE careful!” Seunghyun handed Yoobin a napkin.

“S-orry.”

MODELING! Why didn’t I recognize her before?!
AND..why is he being nice to me?Yoobin thought as she took the napkin from him.

Hyori nodded her head and laughed. She smiled in acknowledgment, “Oh? So you do know me?”

“Y-yeah.I’ve seen you everywhere..well on posters, billboards and magazines in Korean Town back in L.A. And I did hear some of your Music. I had a very close friend of mine, owning almost every CD you had.” Yoobin said in embarrassment.

“Really? Tch, She must have been crazy to listen to her ugly voice.” Laughed Seunghyun.

“YAH, be quiet honey!” snapped Hyori.

Yoobin said uncomfortably, why honey?, “Yeah, thought she was..but it seems that she really admire you. “

“Ah.must be my number one fan.” Hyori delightfully said, “Tell you what. You should contact her one day..and I can give her a special V.I.P autographed picture.”

“Aah really?” Yoobin said, “She would be happy..”

Throughout the dinner, Seunghyun took out the cooked meat placing it both on Hyori and Evia’s plate carefully.

Hyori cut the short ribs for Evia who was happily eating in delight. “Yuuum yuumm here Seungiee!” she stuck out a fork in the air charging for another piece of cut meat from her plate to Seunghyun mouth.

Seunghyun opened his mouth taking a bite leaving a grease spot on his lips.”It’s Good!” he said satisfying the taste.

Yoobin noticing the spot on his lip was about to say something but Hyori beat her to it by reaching over and wiping his lips with her napkin.

“You need to take care of yourself! Messy eater.” She scolded.

In response, Seunghyun stuck out his tongue at her ad Hyori frowned at him

Yoobin watched in awe completely absorbed of how a family or if not a young ‘family’ would be together.

Family..she thought, completely despising that word. She hated how families gather around for no reason, taking space up in restaurant for people like her that cannot find a seat to eat. And how she hated holidays, birthdays, celebrations. Why bother having them when there are many days in a year?

“Hey. You alright,?” Seunghyun asked as he placed a piece of cooked shrimp on her plate, “Here. Eat this.”

Yoobin looked down at the shrimp, “Urm..it’s alright.”

“What, you don’t eat shrimp?”

Shaking her head,"It's not that..." Yoobin stood up, ““Sorry but I can’t stay too long . Hope you guys enjoy your dinner..”

Surprised, Hyori,said “You should just stay with us till dessert! We would like your company.”

“It’s alright. You, Seunghyun and Evia are having your time well spent together, I-I don’t need to be in the middle.”

“Hey its cool. Yoobin. Just stay, I can even take you hom—“ Seunghyun stood up

“NO. I mean it’s cool, see you later Brooklyn. I’ll just go..” Yoobin took her bag and hurried to walk in the front.

All three of them watched as she hurrily paid the waitress and immediately rushed out the door.

“Aw. Yoobiinnie left.” Evia said

Seunghyun sat back down and sighed, “Yes she did Evia…oh well.” With that said, he felt a whack on his head.

“Ow!, what was that for??” He placed a hand on his forehead.

Hyori smirked and placed a hand under her chin, “You know,..You should go after her..knowing that she’s from L.A, she probably won’t know where she’s at~..” adding in a hint of sarcasm as she wiggled her chopstick at him.

“And don’t look at me like you don’t know what I’m talking about!” It was basically an order that he should go after her.

“You think..?”

Hyori smiled, “We’ll both be here, call if anything needed.”

Seunghyun got up,” Alright then. I’m going..Thanks!”


“You got it, Honey.”




Before he left, Seunghyun walked back to the table, “And you gotta stop calling me that. People would think that YOU are my WIFE and Evia is OUR DAUGHTER!”

Hyori smirked into a sly smile, “OF course..that what I like to do.”


Seunghyun frowned, shaking his head, "You’re so troublesome….



 

...Hyori-noona.”





Outside on the cold streets, Yoobin walked at a fast pace trying to remember how to get back on the main road to her house.

“Damnnit. That BBQ took all of my money..I don’t have any left over for a taxi or even a bus!” she muttered.

But then again, she stood there. Reminiscing what she just felt, the atmosphere of Seunghyun’s family made her blood boil but not in anger but…

Jealously? that word in her head just clicked.

Shaking her head, Yoobin can’t be. Why does a family’s presence be something she despise when she had one?
Pushing the thoughts away, Yoobin stopped at a corner streetlight. Should I turn Left or right? She looked both ways. There both empty streets with only lights that shined from the moon.

Hearing something crack behind her, she quickly turned around but saw no one. She narrowed her eyes, This is not the right time to get scared.
Taking a quick left, she walked faster but was hearing footsteps behind her walking the same quick pace. Yoobin wasn’t sure where she was going but she quickly hid around a corner so she was able to attack that was going behind her,

As the figure went past the corner she was in, Yoobin reached behind and grab the neck, forcefully pushing the body against the brick wall in a huge shove.

“WHY are you following me?”


“D-Dang it. IT”S ME! L.A GIRL!.” He said in pain.

“Seunghyun…?”

“YEAH. It me!”..Yoobin let go of her grip as Seunghyun leaned on the wall, “What are you? An EX-THUG from the Gettho streets?!..SHEESH…That hurt like a moth—Ow..” Yoobin heard him falling on his bottom on the floor.

Yoobin rushed over to him kneeling down to his level, “Hey. I’m s-sorry..I thought you were—“

“I was what? This ain’t L.A, Girl . I was trying to get to you knowing that you’ll get lost here.”

Yoobin nodded, Oh..so that explains the shadow.

“But if you wanted to reach me, why didn’t you call my name?”

“Heh..uhh..hrmm”

“You are such a prick. Brooklyn boy. “ Yoobin got up to leave.

“H-hey!. Wait up.” He slowly tried to get up but immdiealty sat back down, Seunghyun sighed in frustration, he looked up and saw that Yoobin had reached
out her hand.

He smirked, “Coming back to a prick like me? Oh how swee—“

“Shut up or I will leave you.”

Seunghyun smirked and grabbed her hand. As he dusted his shirt off, Seunghyun turned to her, “Where did you think you were going anyways?”

Yoobin shrugged, “Going home?”

He scoffed, “In this area? You know there’ another street that people in it. I don’t think you wanna walk here in the dark.”

“I-I know but where can I go when someone is following me?” she said with a little anger in her voice

Seunghyun chuckled. “Okay, let go.”

She looked at him, “What? Where?”

“I know this area. So I’m taking you somewhere..” he said as he grabbed her arm.

Trying to fight back, his grip was strong,

“Y-Yahh!”

Moments later, Seunghyun was dragging Yoobin into a nice district area which was pretty lively and full of people.

With a frown, Yoobin said, “A dessert café?”

They stopped at a place with lights and a few people eating inside. The atmosphere was nice as the smell of cakes and desserts filled the air.

Seunghyun shrugged, “Hey. I didn’t get a chance to eat dessert, since you ran off on us.”

“Are you saying that its my fault?” Yoobin said as she crossed her arms.

“Yah. Live a little and don’t worry I’ll pay.” He said as he went to the counter to order a sweet custard bun with a small coffee, turning to Yoobin he asked,

“What do you want?”
Quickly scanning the menu, she replied, mentioning to the cashier, “One large Avocado smoothie, half with large and small tapioca, whip cream and a cherry on top.”

Jaw almost wide open, Seunghyun looked at her as Yoobin smirked, “It’s a girl’s thing. You’re the one paying.”

After getting their orders, they went to go sit at a table. “Geez. Didn’t know you be ordering that.”

Still taking a sip, Yoobin replied, “It’s good. What’s wrong with that?”

Shaking his head, “There’s nothing wrong. It’s funny.”

“Ptsh. Whatever.”

Taking a bite out of his custard bun, Seunghyun looked at Yoobin in curiously, “So…what were you really doing out there tonight?”

“Uh..eating?”

Seunghyun frowned. “Really..that wasn’t the answer that I was looking for.”

Yoobin sighed, “I was just taking a walk and found myself eating there.”

“But first you got lost. Then you got hungry and decided to eat there. AND…no before you say it. Left the restaurant , attacked me and now you got no money to go home.”

Yoobin stared at him as if he was correct (even though he WAS correct)

Seunghyun smirked, knowing that he was right “Did I win a prize?”

“What do you want from me?” Yoobin stated.

He smiled, “Nothing nothing. I just….want to see if you up for that deal you was talking about earlier?”

“What deal?”

“You had mentioned that you just want to be ‘settled’. Not have this me against you and you against me thing. It’s getting tiring.”

Yoobin hesitated. It was true once again. She didn’t like it. Even if she didn’t trust him but after he told her about his situation with Seungri (and thank goodness, he wasn’t hurt) She felt kind of bad. But for her trust to be placed out, how trustworthy is this Choi Seunghyun?

“…So what do you say? Want to start over, be friends?” Seunghyun asked.
Taking a breath, Yoobin slowly nodded as Seunghyun started to grin but she harshly said , “But you better keep your distance.”

“Sure thing, L.A Girl

“And stop calling me that, Brooklyn.”

Seunghyun laughed as Yoobin stared at him. It was a laugh that tinkled in her ears, it sounded happy as if she hadn’t felt that emotion in years. Even though she is always with the Big Bang boys, something about Seunghyun just felt different.

For several hours, they started to connect. Talking about what they have done in America but not too much of what they really did. It was more of what they seen and heard. The person that talked the most was mainly Seunghyun as Yoobin just nodded. It was true for Yoobin though, even though she is a girl, she wasn’t a talker just a listener. But even though she wanted to say more about herself, her mind kept pushing her back; she just wasn’t ready to let herself out there. After a harsh life, Yoobin wanted to have a new quiet beginning.

“…and so, my parents are living in well in the States.” Seunghyun said, looking at Yoobin.

“What about you?”

Yoobin got out of her trance, “W-What?”

He grinned because she was partly out of it, “Your parents? Do you have any siblings?” he asked.

“Urm…” Before she got to answer, a ring came from her cell phone, mentioning she got a text. Taking out her phone, she saw a message.

NOOOONNAAAA!!!!! Jiyong-Hyung is HITTING ME AGAIN!!!!

Yoobin frowned at her phone. SEUNGRI…

“What’s wrong?” Seunghyun said.

Shaking her head, Yoobin was a little embarrassed. “It’s nothing—“

Beeep~ the phone rang again signaling two more new message.


Opening it, Yoobin read:

Yoobin-Noona! SEUNGRI is LYING! I was just giving him a light tap!!”

the second reads:

Babygirl! Where in the world are you?! Daesung and I are trying to get these kids apart!

After reading it, Yoobin almost held back a smirk, sensing that Tae is always in need of help sometimes. What will I ever do with these boys?

Giving her attention back to Seunghyun, “…Sorry. Look its getting late. I should go.” Yoobin got out of her chair but before she turned, she felt a hand on her
wrist.

“Hey. This time I’m not letting you out of my sight.” Seunghyun said, holding a grip on her.

“What?”

“You ran off a while ago. I’m taking you back!”

Yoobin tugged out of his grip, “W-why…d-don’t you go back to your wife and kid?” she stated, not looking at him

Seunghyun almost fought back a chuckled, “Wow, L.A girl I knew that you got some sense into you.” He said as he dragged her (once again) out the door

Still struggling, Yoobin yelled, “Yah. I can walk you know! I got two feet!”

“Yeah. And If I let you go, you’ll run.” Seunghyun said still walking down the sidewalk.

“Hell yeah I will!” Yoobin replied.

Seunghyun laughed, “You know you got some funny sense of humor, L.A Girl You make me laugh.”

Hearing the sound of his laughter, made her skin shiver once again so Yoobin didn’t answer him.

To Yoobin’s surprise, they reached to a bus stop and Seunghyun pulled Yoobin inside as he paid for the tickets.

She sat down near the window as Seunghyun sat next to her. “Why taking the bus?”

“Well…I had to give it to my two family members so they can go home.”

“Because you were going after me?” Yoobin asked.

Seunghyun smiled. “Yes ma’m”

“Why?” Yoobin said as she turned to him. Even though his smiled was something in the way when she looked at him, she couldn’t stop staring.

Seunghyun stared at her back, “…Because my Noona told me that girls shouldn’t be outside by themselves.”

“N-Noona?” Yoobin said, obviously surprised.

He nodded and chuckled, “Hyori is my older sister. She likes to play pretend--like we’re some cute young family just so I can’t hit on girls. They think Hyori is my wife and Evia is our daughter…but let me tell you, big sisters are crazy. Unless you have one.”

Shaking her head, “I-I don’t have one.”

“Uh..huh..” He agreed sarcastically, settling back in his seat.

Ignoring him, Yoobin looked outside the window recognizing some parts of the neighborhood. They were in her neighborhood, How Does he know what bus they take?!

“Do you recognize where you’re at?”

Yoobin raised her eyebrow, “How…”

“It was a lucky guess..” He smirked.

“Tch…alright.” Yoobin said leaning back on her seat,

”You know…you aren’t as bad as I thought you were..” she confessed

Seunghyun looked at her in confusion. “Hrm? What do you mean?”

Yoobin turned to face him,“…What’s.....it like having siblings that love you?”

Silence grew in the now-empty bus as more passengers left. Seunghyun was still giving her a questioning look but noticed that he never really saw Yoobin in a different light before. In the beginning, it was always a glimpse or stare but never really in front of her in a close way. Her eyes were almost the same as his and it was interesting to know that they almost come from the same background

Feeling another stop came along, Yoobin quickly looked at the window and got her stuff.

“Forget it.” She said “This is my stop.”

Before Seunghyun got to say anything, Yoobin lightly threw her fist at Seunghyun forehead.

“Thanks for today.” She said as she quickly walked down the exit door but before he got to say anything.


Later, Brooklyn Boy"


Hearing those last words, made Seunghyun laugh again.



Rushing out to the cold air, she was glad that she got out of that awkward situation. The bus was close to where she lived at but remembering that Taeyang lives right next door to her, She didn’t want Seunghyun to find out which was why she decided to get dropped off a block away. Taking out her phone she dialed

“Yah… It’s me. Can you pick me up?”