Chapter 20.

It's Okay to be Alone.

CHAPTER 20

 

“Y’all got 15 minutes before show time!” yelled out Shin as he stepped into the V.I.P room at the club. It was the last night of their performance before they were set to go back to music school again in the next few days.

“Ouuuuu!  How exciting!” chirped Minji as she bounced up and down on the sofa next to Sandara. But Daesung stopped her as he put a pillow on her lap. “Stop it!”

Making a frown, she said, “Yah, Oppa. Why do we have to stand up here in the VIP room and watch you guys perform..I wanna be down there with the crowd!”

“Because its packed! And as a matter of fact, be lucky. You’re underage at this club!” Daesung said.

“ahhh…Oppaaa! “ she whined. But it was true, Minji was the youngest of the whole group. Since it was the girl’s first night in Korea, they were invited to go to the club to watch Big Bang’s performance.

“Hah. I don’t think it be that greaaat” huffed Chae Rin, aka C.L. who was crossing her arms.

“What?! Who says?!” said Jiyong  with a face. He wasn’t happy with his little sister being here but he had to since they wanted to come to see their last performance.

“Because you’re  in it.” She mocked with a smirk on her face.

Jiyong was about to open his mouth to protest but Shin counted out, “You got ten minutes, why don’t you guys start going down there? Taeyang and Seunghyun will be going you shortly after their meeting with Teddy.”

Everyone agreed as the Big Bang members started to go out the door. “Now you be good!” Daesung called out to them as he left

 Seungri was the last to leave as he looked around to make sure he didn’t forget anything but as he walked passed C.L, Minji and Sandara, he overheard C.L whispering.

“..Will Unnie be able to make it in time?”

 

~~

 

“..You want us to do a solo, together?”

Teddy smirked, “Not necessary. I got a song that I’ve came up with. But you guys can do a small solo on your own..right?”

Seunghyun and Taeyang looked at each other. They aren’t that close with each other than the other members but they did fit.

“The main rapper and main vocalist, it’s a match.” Teddy stated.

“But what about Jiyong?” Seunghyun attempted to ask. “He’s the other rapper too.”

Teddy merely waved him off, “It seems that personal issues are too important for him since that incident.” He said eye balling Taeyang.

He got up from his desk, looking down at Seunghyun and Taeyang sitting on the chairs in front of him. “Be professional. I don’t care what ever BS you have to get through. But keep those personal issues out of it. If you don’t, I’ll make sure you’ll forget it.” He said with threatening eyes.

“Yes, Hyung!” both Taeyang and Seunghyun said together.
 

The tension in the air started to lessen as Yoobin loudly barged in the door. With a fierce look on her face, she threw something at Teddy’s face.

 

 

And speaking of personal issues…

 

 

The blue velvet box landed on the floor as it opened, both Taeyang and Seunghyun couldn’t see what it was but they knew it was something hard as it laid a small scratch on Teddy’s cheek.
 

Teddy didn’t even move as he continued to smirk, “Wow, Sweetheart, I didn’t expect you to answer to me so soon.” He said as he turned around to pick up the object, quickly putting it in his pocket.  With a quick look, he added “Especially wearing that nice dress on you.”


Both Seunghyun and Taeyang looked as they noticed Yoobin was wearing something out of the ordinary, a long sleeve black lace dress that fit her curves and showing off her long legs.


“Ptsh” Yoobin scoffed but his comment made Yoobin balled her fist. “You got some nerve, giving me that piece of shi…--“


“Ah, ah” Teddy said as he motioned his finger at her. “Ladies shouldn’t be speaking that way. Besides, I thought you liked shiny things…”


“Well, this is now. You don’t know me anymore so don’t come and give me useless crap.”  Yoobin said, snarling back at him.

“Useless?”  Teddy smirked again, he took out the object from his pocket, but Taeyang and Seunghyun couldn’t see it from his hand as he placed it on in front of her.


Seunghyun tried to look and noticed it was round and gold…

“Don’t you remember? It used to be yours…”


With a smug look on her face, Yoobin spat out, “It never was. Look, if you ever want to pull a stunt like this..then you better watch what I have in store for you tonight.” She said.


“Oh, is that a challenge?” Teddy asked as he placed the object back in his pocket.


“Hmfp, a challenge that’s already been defeated.”  Stated Yoobin as she quickly looked over to Taeyang and Seunghyun then leaving the room.

But as she turned, almost all of their jaws dropped as they noticed Yoobin’s , the dress had a large opening showing her tanned skin down to the bottom near the back of her hips.

With her gone and the slam of the door, Teddy quickly held his posture as he turned to Seunghyun and Taeyang, “Ahem. Both of you leave now. The performance—“

He was then interrupted again as Seungri ran in the door way, “Ah..Teddy-hyung!”

A little irritated, “What now?” said Teddy.

Seungri gulped, “Urm…there is something you should see, down there.”

All three of them followed him down toward the dance floor behind the large crowds. Even though they were Big Bang members already in the crowd with the screaming fans, none of them seem to pay attention but the stage.

Suddenly a high beat sound came out of the speaker, hearing a very familiar voice…

 

I go by the name of CL of 2NE1.

It’s been a long time coming, but we’re here

And we about to set the roof on fire, baby!

 

 

Everyone stared wide eyed at the four girls up on stage. Each of them was wearing high street fashion with high top shoes and colorful jackets (similar ones to the Street version MV of Fire).

“C-CL?!”

Seunghyun turned as he saw Jiyong looking widely at her, as she started to sing and dance on the stage. Everyone started to enjoy them as they were a fresh face in the club at the moment.  

 “MINJI?!”  yelled Daesung, staring at her as she sang while doing soming ‘pop’ moves with her body.

It was followed later with Taeyang shouts as well, “B-Bom!” who was singing with a hood on.

Lastly was a groan from Seungri who exclaimed, “Oh my gooooddd. Sandara-noooona!”

Seunghyun watched as all three of them almost dying in shock to find out their siblings/family members singing upstage.

 

Sori jilleo Eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh 2NE1
Eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh You gotta ring the alarm
Eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh We 2NE1
Eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh



While their song was still going, Seunghyun looked around and noticed that Teddy was gone. But noticed Yoobin standing in the corner with a glass in hand as she leaned against the wall, taking a long sip. As she took out the glass from her lips, she calmly looked at Seunghyun and gave him the most chilling smile she ever had.

…Was this her plan?  Thought Seunghyun.
 

Moments later, Yoobin was approached by two men trying to openly flirt with her, but Yoobin didn’t give in. They started to hover over her closing in personal space. The other guy was checking out her back  Narrowing his eyes, Seunghyun started to walk towards them.  But stopped as someone else decided to ‘pop’ right in.

 

“Teddy.”

 

Teddy quickly went in and slammed his fist above Yoobin’s head, leaning in towards her to the side of the wall, with his other hand on his left hip. He was at least two heads taller than the two men as they looked up to him in fear. A simple stare was all it took.  With a quick notion of his head, the two men rushed off.

But Yoobin wasn’t impressed as she was mouthing some words at him in which Seunghyun couldn’t read from her lips but he could tell it was a couple of insults. But Teddy was calm with a stern look at his face. He quickly took of his jacket to cover Yoobin’s shoulder—mainly to cover her but she fought it off and tossed whatever was left in her glass cup to Teddy’s- now -wet face.

This shocked Seunghyun as he watched the scene before him. He didn’t even care about the performance as everyone was subdued to but  his thoughts were in scramble.

But it was put to a closing as the crowd in front of him started yelling and screaming out “Encore, Encore, ENCORE!” they wanted the new group, 2ne1 to sing again.

 

“You guys better go up there, now! Orders from Teddy!” yelled Shin behind them. “You need to remind them that this was supposed to be your night!”

All five of them turned around and nodded. They did what they had to. Moments later, after several songs trying to capture the fan’s hearts again, they only half succeeded.

Finally backstage, they approached the new group—2ne1 with strong stares.

 

“What is this?!” Jiyong exclaimed.

C.L was the first to speak as she crossed her arms, “What is? We are the new group, 2ne1! The possible best ever girl group version of Big Bang ---but oh, so, much greater times a thousand!”

“What. No way! We are not letting you sing!”

“Yah this is my choice, Jiyong-oppa.” Said C.L.

Both Daesung and Taeyang looked at their siblings as well.

“Since when were you a part of the group?” asked Taeyang.

Bom gave a small smile, “We always were. I mean, since they all went to the States to study aboard. I was the only one here and besides, we loved to perform.”

“That’s right! We miss Bom-unnie!” exclaimed Minji as she linked around her arm.

Sandara also joined in, “And none of you will stop us!”

“What, who said?!” shouted Seungri.

 

 

“I did.” A voice said behind them.

A gasp came from Seungri, “…Y-Yoobin-nonnaa?!”

Yoobin came in walking slowly as she reached over, placing her arm around C.L with a smirk. “That’s right..I’m their manager.”

“—that’s impossible!”  Jiyong said. “You barely met them when we were growing up!”

“It’s true that I left Korea when I was young, but you didn’t forget where I lived. It was a coincidence that they were in the same location as me. So I trained them to become singers even still when I came back here.” Yoobin explained. “They are the new generation, 2ne1.”

 

“But that’s not fair, this night was supposed to be our comeback.” Whined Jiyong, he still wouldn’t give it up just as Yoobin predicted.

“Dong-wook gave us the hook up.” She stated.

“Seven?” Seunghyun said but everyone looked as Dong-wook aka Seven chuckled slightly.

With an embarrassed smile, “Hey..its not my fault. She persisted and I can’t say no to a pretty girl.” He said with a wink.

Yoobin scoffed as she took her arm off of CL’s shoulder, “Well..we’ll be on our way. Come on, girls.”

“Just a minute. “ said a cold voice.

Teddy swiftly approach to Yoobin with a strong stare. Seunghyung noticed that he probably cleaned up after Yoobin had tossed her drink at him.

“What do you think you are doing?”

“Me? Look at yourself.” Yoobin argued back.

 

Teddy titled his head and motioned his arm back to the Big Bang members, “Are you trying to overrule them? Your closest friends, sabotaging their dreams to be famous singers?”

Yoobin smirked, “Sabotaging? Who do you think I am? These girls..It’s their dream as well. I’m just assisting them. Didn’t you do the same with the others? Especially with Brooklyn boy?”

Seunghyun froze up as she mentioned his name. The other members looked at him with curiosity; none of them really knew that Teddy had mentored him in the States.

“I mean..no offense, guys. I’m not here to ruin anything...just you.” Yoobin said the last two words in a whisper that only Teddy could hear.

She walked backwards, slowly grabbing C.L, Minji with Sandara out of the stage including Bom who hesitatingly looked back but walked on.

 

~~

 

In the next few days, school was back in session, fresh from the winter break. It felt like it was a long time since then but every student was anxious on returning. It was only a few more weeks till they all graduate.

Taeyang wasn’t sure if he should be upset with Yoobin since the 2ne1 surprise but he continued to take her to school that morning along with Bom and Sohee in the back.

But what was uncomfortable was Sohee, as she continued to be doing the silent treatment except to Yoobin, talking to her like it was nothing.

As they got out of the parking lot, the four of them walked down the pathway towards the building. With Sohee and Bom walking in front of Taeyang and Yoobin, Taeyang looked at Yoobin with concern, “Hey, Babygirl. I need to talk to you.” He said stopping her.

Yoobin stopped without hesitation but gave him a look as someone else was approaching them. Taeyang raised his eyebrows as he noticed that Jiyong and C.L were in the same path as them.

“Ah..SOHEE!” yelled C.L

“CHAE-RINNIE!”  Sohee yelled her nick name in shock. 

They both ran towards each other in open arms as they giggled swinging together. “I can’t believe you are here!” Sohee said, happily.

“Yeah! Oh, I miss you so much!”

It was the first time Taeyang saw Sohee like that, since the silent treatment, the only words she said was yes or no. But he knew, Sohee and C.L were best friends just like how he and Jiyong were.

He shifted a little and gave a nod of acknowledgement to Jiyong, who also did the same.

“Morning, Yoobin-Nonna and Bom.” Jiyong greeted.

Bom smiled, “Morning. Glad to see you so early.”

“Hey, Ji.” Stated Yoobin.

Both Sohee and C.L stopped their conversation as C.L came over to greet everyone. “It’s a good thing we came the time I wanted because if we didn’t I knew that we probably miss seeing you here!” she commented, eying Jiyong.  

“Hey. Are you blaming me if we didn’t get here on my watch?”

“Yah. Well, Oppa You’re always latteee. Ain’t that right, Sohee?”  C.L asked, which threw off Sohee in surprise.

“Huh? Urm..” Sohee stammered. It was a little awkward since her and Jiyong haven’t talked since he went away to Japan. And other thing is that C.L doesn’t know about their past situation.

“L-Let’s go. I should show you some interesting areas on campus!” Sohee urged as she pushed C.L  without a goodbye.

Jiyong gave a small grin as they (mostly Sohee) running off with C.L.

That’s so like her… thought Jiyong.

“Ahem..Well, I guess I’ll be going as well.” Yoobin stated, “I don’t want to get bombarded with your fangirls.”

“But Babygirl, its alright. We should go together.” Taeyang insisted. Speaking of more awkwardness, he didn’t really want to be stuck with Jiyong.

“I’ll stop by the restroom.” Bom said as she hurried off, without looking at them.

“Well..I guess I’ll go with her.” Yoobin said as she gave them a quick grin. “And no fighting.” She warned as she left both Taeyang and Jiyong together.

 

~~

 

“So…that’s what been happening with you and Jiyong-Oppa?”

Sohee slowly nodded, “Are you okay…with it?”

“Don’t worry about me. I’m okay.” C.L said with a smile. “If he does anything to hurt you, let me know as I, his sister, will do my worse!”

Sohee gave her a quick hug, “Thank you!”

Their friendship was a strong one as they always gotten along even though Sohee met Jiyong first. She was a little intimated by C.L’s rough actions but they fit together like a glove—even close as sisters.

“But this ‘silent treatment’ thing…is this healthy?”  C.L asked.

“…I don’t know. I still don’t want to speak to them.”

C.L nodded, “…Time will heal, Sohee.”

 

~~

 

Bom sat down in the usual lecture hall. Several students were already coming in for their morning lecture. She opened her schedule book, trying to keep busy then made a long sigh.

“That’s not a good start especially in the morning, Bom-Unnie.”

Bom turned around in surprise, “Minji??”

The brown haired girl gave her a big grin—just like Daesung. “Moorrrninnggg..!”

“What are you doing here?”

“Ah. You forgot? We are here as students!” she stated.

But Sandara interrupted, “Actually temporary Students till the end.  Didn’t  you see C.L?”

Bom nodded, “I have..but Sohee caught up with her.” She said faintly.

“Hrm? Problem?” Sandara asked.

“I’ll tell you everything.” Bom said.

 

~~

 

As the day progressed, class was again surprisingly quick since everyone just came back from their break.

Professor Oh. turned around from writing on the board, “Alright Students. As we come to approach the last weeks of the school year, most or all of you are set to graduate. We will have one final and again, one more performance.”

Confusion arose from the classroom as they weren’t expecting another performance again.
“But haven’t we already done a grand performance in the beginning?” Asked Seungri from his seat.

“Ah. We have but this is a little different.”  Professor Oh. said. “All Advance students will  perform as their usual groups or solos but the location is different. We were requested from several companies to perform at Great hall of Vocals. The location is deep in the Mountains but there are plenty of tourist stops there. It will also be open to the public so everyone can join as it is an outside type of hall. The trip is a great addition to those that are leaving this music school so think of it as a senior trip.”

He explains as he looked at his watch, “Well, everyone work hard! Performances will take place at least 2 weeks from now.”  He lastly said as he left the lecture room.

Everyone in the room started to pack up their things to leave as well. But Yoobin continued to sit there.
“Hey..aren’t you leaving?” Sunye asked as she packed her papers into her tote bag.

“Nah..you go ahead. I guess I’ll stay on campus.”

“Alright then. The boys are staying as well. Too bad, I have to take Sunmi for a checkup at the doctors. And you still need to fill me in about you being a total hermit during Christmas! You should have stayed with me.”

Yoobin schoffed, “I told you that I was fine.”

“Not until Seunghyun came to you, right?”

“W-What?”

Sunye smiled, “Taeyang-sunbae told me. Call me, Yoobin!”  she said as she left with Sunmi at the door.

Yoobin frowned, “That Tae…”

 

~~

 

Seunghyun looked at the lyrics and sighed, “How..am I supposed to do this when I don’t really know how?”

He was sitting on the ground at an empty dance room. It had wooden floors, mirrors and chairs around the room. Next to him was an old fashion boom box.

Moments before he and the other big bang members had a meeting about their performance.

“These are the new lyrics to our new song. Teddy sent me an email this morning. For some reason, He knew about our final performance. “ Taeyang said as he gave everyone their papers.

“Was it because of that one night?” Daesung asked.

Jiyong shook his head, “It’s probably because he wanted us to be prepared.”

“Or that—2ne1, group—whatever.” Taeyang sighed, “ I don’t know what Babygirl is doing and I don’t like it.”

“Are you planning to stop her?” Seunghyun dared to ask in which everyone quickly looked at.

Taeyang narrowed his eyes, “Me?” he scoffed as if he was letting go of an insult. “I believe we have lots of other issues to deal with.” He stated. “ I believe that Babygirl has a reason to do what is needed. Reasons that we may not agree with but we believe in her and with that said we can’t let these personal issues get to us as Teddy-hyung stated.”

Seunghyun nodded, “..I guess.”

Everyone nodded but Seunghyun could tell that Taeyang, Seungri, Daesung and even Jiyong have this high loyal respect towards Yoobin. Even if she did something wrong, they still believe in what she is doing is mainly for the good.

Trying to change the subject, Seungri started, “Anyways, from reading these lyrics…Seunghyun-hyung, Can you sing?”
 

 

Seunghyun slammed a fist down the ground, “…No I can’t sing. I’m a rapper, damnnit.”

He looked at the lyrics once more, Taeyang had already scolded   him so many times that he wasn’t getting the lyrics right.

 
 

“Yah..it’s wrong!”

“What? I did it right!” Seunghyun said.

Taeyang shook his head, “We’ve been here for about an hour, you are making the sounds as if you are rapping. Its supposed to be in tone with the song.”

“Hey. I am a rapper and part vocal.  Let me teach—“

“NO.” Taeyang yelled looking at Jiyong, who stood ground.

“Teddy placed me and him together, I need to teach him.”

 
 

Without thinking, he pressed play on the boombox and when it was his que, Seunghyun opened his mouth. At first, the melody was going correct but he squeaked. “ARRGH!” he yelled out in frustration as he slammed his head back against the wall.

“..You’re doing it wrong.”

He looked up and standing there was Yoobin, smirking as she leaned against the doorway.

“You need to stand up straight and breathe in.” she said as she walked towards him.

Seunghyun returned the same smirked, “And says the girl that doesn’t plan to ruin Big Bang only Teddy..”

“I’m trying.” Yoobin simply said.

Pressing the stop button, Seunghyun stood up, “What are you doing here?”

“Just..laying around. Seems to me you’re up to something.” Yoobin said, looking at his hands, she swiped it.

“Y-Yah! That’s mine.” Seunghyun said trying to get it from her but she ran from the side against the mirror wall.

With a smirk, “Ah..were you trying to sing?” Yoobin looked at him.

Seunghyun made a face, “…Yeah.”

“Well..with that attitude, I don’t think you can.”

“What?”

 “Like I said, Stand up straight and breathe in.” Yoobin commanded  “You’re not the only one but… you know, Rappers can still sing, Brooklyn.”

 

~~

 

Bom pulled up a camcorder and pressed record. She was in a secluded recording room that not much people knew about but she loved to be there especially by herself.

“Ahem.” Bom started as she gave a faint smile to the camera

Niga ittneun gose nado hamkke halge... 
Niga ganeun gose nado hamkke galge...

 

As Bom was singing this song, she wasn’t sure why but she felt weird tingle feeling in her heart. Brushing it off she continued to sing. With her eyes closed, she sang loudly.
 

You're my only one way
Ojik neoreul wonhae
Naega ni gyeote isseume gamsahae
You're the only one babe
Himdeun sesang soge sarangeul alge haejun
Neo hanaro naneun haengbokhae... 
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Uri hamkkeramyeon
We will never cry never never cry

(Heaven-Ailee)

As the song ended, she felt something wet down her cheeks. “Why…” she said as she wiped her tears.

Thinking about it earlier, Bom made a small frown. Was it because she was lonely? Or because she was still in the era of mixed feelings? The incident, the silent treatment of Sohee, the reunion of the girls—2ne1.

She wasn’t sure what it was but she heard a sound from the door and quickly looked up. It would be terrible if someone was spying her at a depressed stage. Running towards the door into the hallway

“Is anyone there?” she called out.

No answer.

Bom looked around and sighed, “Guess it’s just me…”

As she turned to the door, she felt something on her foot and noticed a piece of paper. “Hrm? What’s this?” Bom said as she picked it up and opened it.

It was note that said.

 

Don’t sing with a heavy heart. Your voice is beautiful.
 

 

 

~~

The weeks passed quickly as every student was preparing for the trip. Big Bang was working on their own as Yoobin was helping out 2ne1 prepare as well. Even though they are just going for promotional purposes.

“What?! Why are they going?”  Jiyong cried out.

“Because I am.”

“But they aren’t even with the program.”

“But they are temporary students. “ Yoobin stated back. They were at Yoobin’s home as she was packing when Jiyong burged into her room complaining about 2ne1 tagging along.

“And besides, shouldn’t you be happy about your little sister accomplishments?”

Jiyong crossed his arms as he sat on her bed, “..I d-do.” He said.

“But?”

He made a face, “I’m not ready. She’s my only sister.”

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Yoobin gave him a grin, “You’ll have to be ready even if you’re not.”

 

~~

 

On the morning of their trip, students were placing their luggage into the tour bus. Everyone but the Big Bang members.

“Why aren’t you riding with us, Taeyang-Sunbae?” Sunye asked as they were standing on the opposite side from the students.

“Some of the students from the class—fangirls—would get jealous or distracted if we all sat on the bus.” Taeyang as he sighed, “Oh well..I kinda wanted to sit there. Those girls can’t get enough of me.” 

Sunye punched his arm, “Yah. Stop being so full of yourself.”

“Ouch!”

Seungri laughed, “Oh yeah. Tae-Hyung, some of the male students might get jealous!”

“Or they might just ‘not get enough of you’,” Daesung added as he sat on top of his luggage

“Hey. Are we talking about me or the Big Bang as a group?” Taeyang said feeling a little cornered. “Help me here, Babygirl.”

“They just talkin’ bout you.” Yoobin said, not bothering to pay attention to them.

Jiyong was standing there with Seunghyun next to him, combining their bags together “What are you looking at, Yoobin-Noona?” 

Seunghyun looked at the direction she was looking at. Surprised, he opened his mouth.

“Teddy-Hyung.”

Teddy gave his usual smile turning to a slight smirk as he approach them. He was wearing his typical long sleeve dress shirt and slacks. With his hands in his pockets, “Why..hello there.”

Taeyang was about to speak to him but Yoobin beat him to it. “ the hell you doin’ here?” she said in slight English slang.

“Still with that terrible language, Sweetheart. But my business is not with you….yet. I’m here for Big Bang.” He said as he looked at him.

“What is it?” Jiyong asked.

“It appears that you all will be going on this senior trip for the performance. As the manager, I will be attending.”  Teddy explained.

“R-Really?” Seungri said. “But is it necessary? We already done a lot.”

Teddy grinned, “It’s necessary. I need to watch over all of you. I mean, Shin taken care of all of you since my absent so I’m here to carefully watch you all—and I wouldn’t miss it for anything.” He said eyeing Yoobin.

Everyone slightly nodded. But Yoobin wasn’t taking the bait. She crossed her arms as she narrowed her eyes. She didn’t trust Teddy and his plans but what is there to do---at least she got the girls, 2ne1, with her.

“Whatever.” Yoobin commented as she turned with Sunye, “Let’s go.”

But Teddy spoke up, “Ah. Ah.”

Yoobin stopped but didn’t turn around. “What.”

“According to the schedule, there are approximately 300 students riding the bus today. There are at least 3 buses that fit about 100, with a few space here or there.”

“Your point?” Yoobin said with slight attitude.

“My point is you hate cramp spaces.” Teddy commented.

Everyone looked at him, it was new information that they didn’t know about Yoobin. Seunghyun looked at him curiously. How does he know that?

Yoobin turned around and gave him a look as he smirked.

“I have a private tour bus just for Big Bang that can fit a good 30. Equipped with TVs, couches, fridge and importantly space. You and 2ne1 can join us. Even your friend--Sunye, is it?”

Sunye eyes lit up, “Ah—yes!” she said with a smile. She turned to Yoobin who made a frown. “Aw..can we?”

“Uh.No.” Yoobin stated.

“But!”

“We decline.” Yoobin said. “Take yourself there—hey!”

Sunye had already run towards the bus. Not sure what it is, but a bus being equipped with everything and being with Big Bang was a good idea.

“Sorry, Babygirl. I guess Sunye already beat you to it.” Taeyang chuckled as he watched her go inside.

“Ah and Jiyong, why don’t you bring your little girlfriend too?” Teddy added as they were packing up their luggage.

“Whaat?” Jiyong and Taeyang shouted together

But what was almost embarrassing was Jiyong almost turning deep red in the face.

“Wait a minute!” Taeyang started but Teddy didn’t pay attention.

“Sohee, right?” Teddy asked, he quickly turned around and looked at the other side near the big busses. With his hands in an oval shape around his mouth, he yelled out, “YAH. SOHEE?! I’M CALLING FOR A GIRL NAMED SOHEE! GET OVER HERE!”

Sohee ears perked up hearing her name with an unfamiliar voice.
“Yah..I think someone is calling for you, Sohee.” Sunmi said nudging her. “It’s that weird looking man over there..”

“I’m gonna ignore him.” Sohee stated.

“Are you sure? He’s yelling quite loudly.”

“I’m sure---“

“SOHEE!!!” said the voice.

But everyone was turning to look at her. One of the fangirls went up to her, “YAH. What is wrong with you? The Big Bang’s manager is calling for you! Why aren’t you going?!”

Sohee looked at her, “Their manager? I don’t know---yaaah!” but it was too late as a crowd of them started to push her towards their side.  But she barely stopped until she peaked up at the tall Teddy in front of her.

“Finally!  You.  Jiyong’s Girlfriend?!” he asked.

Everyone gasped behind her, with fangirls almost fainting.  It was a good thing that Sunmi was behind her just in case someone would jump on her back.

“….yes.” she said as softly as she could but heard more dramatic gasps behind her.

Teddy grinned, “You’re gonna join us on our bus.”  He said as he took her arm towards Jiyong who stood there in embarrassment but still gave her a smile as he took her hand

Returning the smile, she noticed Taeyang with a concern look on his face but she didn’t care. Maybe it was a good thing Teddy exposed their relationship to everyone.

“YAH! What is this?! Everyone come back to their busses now!!” Professor Oh, came out running.

“Aw…” the students whined turning their backs on Teddy to their side.

Sunmi made a small frown, Sohee didn’t even say bye to me.

Turning her back, she heard a voice, “YAH YAH! What about MY GIRLFRIEND?!?!”

“Seungri?”

Looking back again, she saw that Seungri was running in front of Teddy, waving his arms around. It was a funny site, she had to admit.

“Okay okay okay! GO GET HER!” Teddy said.

Seungri smiled and turned to her, “YOU! COME BACK HERE!” he yelled as he picked her up in his arms.

“Ahh! You silly baby!”  Sunmi squealed.

~~

 

It would take about four hours till they reached their destination. Everyone was busy checking out the areas in the tour bus with ‘ooh’ and ‘ahhs’ they knew it was going to be a fun yet confortable ride.  

Sohee took a seat in front of a table at the back of the bus, feeling a little uncomfortable. It was the first time for her to tag along with Big Bang. But she was glad 2ne1 was there—along with Sunye, Sunmi and of course, Yoobin.

Looking out of the window, she felt someone sitting next to her. “Hey, love.

“Jiyong.”

He smiled at her, “I know this feels a little weird..but everyone else is here. I guess we should enjoy the ride.”

Sohee nodded but Jiyong cupped her cheek, “You know, before Mr.Grumpy pants over there starts to separate us.” He chuckled mentioning about Taeyang.

Leaning forward and without anyone looking, she quickly kissed him on the lips and sat back, “Let him be grumpy.” She said smiling.

Jiyong laughed, “I like the way you’re thinking, love.”  He said as he took out some papers, “Wanna hear me rehearse for a bit?”

“Sure.”

~~

 

“Wow. This place is just inane.” Commented C.L who was swinging around the rolling stool next to a small kitchen.

“Well..just don’t break anything.”

C.L smiled, “Yes, Yoobin-Unnie!” she said but noticed Yoobin’s frown. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing..I just didn’t want to be in here.” She answered.

“But at least everyone is here. We should enjoy it.” Added Sandara who joined C.L on the stool next to her.

“I guess..”

“OH LOOK! They got COOKIEESS!!!” shouted Minji who, as usual, raided the cabinets.

Bom laughed, “Yah. You shouldn’t eat so many of those. Daesung is gonna find out!”

 

~~

 

“Aright. So we do have several hours here , I want you all to practice your lyrics. There are individual areas on the bus with curtains if you want some privacy.  If you are tired, bunk beds are at the far left and  behind those are tables.” Teddy explained.

All the members but Jiyong, nodded. Seunghyun looked down at his paper as he slowly turned to his area.

“Did you get your lyrics right?” Taeyang asked as he took a seat next to him.

“Urm..Yeah.”

“Yeah?”

Seunghyun turned to look at him, “How come you never told me that you were first a rapper back in the day?”

Everyone turned to look at Taeyang as Daesung hid a small snicker.

“He..was?!” Seungri said.

“You didn’t know, Seungri?” Seunghyun noticed.

Daesung shook his head, “Nope. Back then it was only Tae, Ji and me. Seungri was added last when Tae decided to fully commit to being the main vocalist. If he was the one that still rapped in the group that would be hilarious.”

“Yah. I’m stilling right here, you know.” Taeyang grumbled but asked Seunghyun, “Who told you?”

Seunghyun smirked, pulling his eyes down the hallway where 2ne1 was sitting with Yoobin, motioning her.

“B-Babygirl told you?”  Taeyang said in surprise.

‘Not really told but shown.” Seunghyun explained.

 

 

Back on campus, a few weeks ago.

“So you’re saying that there is a chance for me?”

Yoobin crossed her arms, “Why not? Even if it’s you.”

“Hey.”

“I’m just saying, Rappers can sing. Jiyong has the talent to rap and do vocals at the same time.” Yoobin stated.

But Seunghyun shook his head, “He’s gotten training way earlier than me.”

“Who did you think was there when he first started to rap?”

Titling his head a bit, Seunghyun looked at her, “…What do you mean?”

“When we were little, it all started with Taeyang. He found  a beat as Jiyong started to spit words. Later on it became something more. Not only that, I’ll show you.” Yoobin pulled out her smart phone.

“I’ve gotten this reloaded with HD…it was supposed to be a surprise for Tae but hey—why not show it now.” She said as she pressed play.

On the video was seven year old Taeyang, Jiyong and even Daesung singing along a popular hip hop song during their time. Despite their small voices, it was actually good. But what was most surprising was when Taeyang walked up to the camera with his small glasses, large jersey and started rapping.

 

 

“Oh no…she didn’t.” Daesung said in shock as Seunghyun finished telling his story.

Taeyang wasn’t amused but leaned forward, “So..Babygirl trained you?”

“With her constant yelling..I’m not sure if it was trained but it somewhat helped, I guess.” Seunghyun answered. And it was true, the past week, Yoobin was everywhere with him.

Daesung smiled, “Yoobin-Nonna is like that. She actually helped us the same way she did with you.”

“Really?”

Seungri nodded, “It must be the leader in her.”

“Well..I guess now that my secret is out. Rappers can still sing. Let’s see if Babygirl did the right thing.”

Taeyang commented, “Go ahead and recite the words for me.”

 

~~

 

Niga saranghaneun naneun sorry i’m a bad boy
Geurae charari tteona jal gayo you’re a good girl
Sigani galsurok nal almyeoneun alsurok silmangman namatgetjiman

“Sorry I’m a bad boy…You’re a good girl?” Sohee mimicked but giggled, “I think it should be the other way around.”

 “Oh. Well, someone’s been taking my role as being the rebel.” Jiyong commented as he smiled.

Sohee took his hand, putting her fingers intertwining with his then wrapping her arm around his, “Oh. Well, it’s anything for you.” She said as she placed her head gently on his shoulder.

She looked at the paper in front of them, singing a little as she changed up the words a bit, “..Baby, don’t leave me I know you still love , because you’re my…”

“..Lay lay lay lady.” Jiyong sang along, chuckling.

~~

 

The bus finally reached their destination after a few mishaps on the road. Minji got road sickness after eating too much cookies, Jiyong kept getting pranked on by C.L  and Seungri fell over Sunmi, ruining her white shirt with juice.

“Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah!” C.L gave a yawn with a stretch. “Finally here!”

“Yah, says the girl who kept pranking the whole bus ride here!” Jiyong yelled.

C.L grew a fox grin at him, “It was a boring ride. You are no fun, oppa!”

“Putting smooshed crackers in my shoe was not fun. C.L” he muttered.

But Sohee giggled to the side as she got out of the bus. Jiyong gave her a smile as he went up to her but stopped as Taeyang came closer.

“Jiyong, go help us take some of the luggage from the bus.”  He ordered.

But Teddy held them back, “Don’t worry. We got people coming out to do that for us. Let’s just all go inside to settle in first.”

The whole group followed Teddy towards the door. Yoobin was the last one to get out and noticed that everyone was walking but Seunghyun.
 

“What?” she said.
 

Giving her a slight grin, “Everyone went inside with Teddy-hyung. Did you have a nice ride?”
 

Yoobin crossed her arms and shrugged. “I prefer less noise.” She commented as she walked passed him.
 

“By the way,” she said as she turned around, “Nice rehearsal. Bad Boy suits you, Brooklyn.

Seunghyun chuckled as he recalled when he was preparing for their new song. Everyone was pretty impressed with his deep voice.

“All thanks to you, .L.A girl.” He whispered then following her into the hotel building.
 

Reuniting with the group, there was feelings of confusion in the air. Titling her head, Yoobin asked, “What’s going on?”

“It seems that there was a mistake on the rooms.” Bom told her.

Yoobin narrowed her eyes as she approached the desk with Teddy who was talking to the blushing secretary. It seems that he was doing something to suit her.
 

With everyone watching her move, Yoobin crossed her arms, “What the hell are you doing?” she said in English.

Patience, Sweetheart.” Teddy smiled as he looked at the girl in front of them, “It seems that there seem to be a little mistake. Isn’t that right, Mi-Hyun?” he said reading her nametag. 



The sectary looked down on the computer and nodded furiously as she turned red, “I apologize but it seems here that you have been booked for a large suite for the two groups, Big Bang and 2ne1.”


“So that means…” Yoobin started

 

 

“Yes. All of you are sharing the suite together—including the managers.”