Understanding

My Everything

“Actually Chanyeol, take Baekhyun to the ice cream parlor or something..” Sehun interupted. Knowing Baekhyun, he was the ultimate Shojo Manga fan. “Before he makes it more awkward then it needs to be for Mayumi...”

“But I wanted to-” Chanyeol was about to protest when Baekhyun suddenly dropped my arm in excitement.

“Ice cream!” He cheered, running where Sehun was standing, clapping his hands. Sehun eyed Chanyeol expectedly.

“But Hunnieee,” Chanyeol whined, “can’t you take him? I wanted to walk Yumi home too!”

“Just do it Chanyeol,” Kai barged in, “Sehun’s playing Frisbee with us.”

“But why can’t Tao or Kris hyung do it?” Chanyeol pouted, crossing his arms. Luhan elevated his brow at Chanyeol. I felt my cheeks burn up and I suddenly had an urge to shut Chanyeol up.

“Don’t worry Yeollie, I’ll be fine.” I said, walking over to him raising my arms. He accepted the hug quickly. “I’ll see you tomorrow okay?”

Wait, why am I doing this? Didn’t I want Chanyeol to come too, so I wouldn’t be alone with Luhan?

He tenderly touched my neck “Stay safe..Don’t get .” He winked.

I laughed at his warning, “I’ve got Luhan..”

“Exactly.” He muttered, suddenly looking annoyed. I ruffled his hair, and his eyes scrunched up cutely.

“Bye!” I called out to him and Baekhyun as they strolled off. “Bye Sehun, Tao and Kris.” I called out as well, soon joining Luhan to where he was standing. I got some muffled responses seeing as they were too concentrated in their game.

How you can be concentrated whilst playing Frisbee, I don’t know.

Luhan put his hands in his pockets as we walked in silence. “So, where are you from?” I asked, breaking the quietness.

“China.” He replied, looking up.

“Cool,”  I commented. “Your Korean is quite good for someone who just moved here.”

“I’ve studied Korean tons, one of the reasons I’m here actually, is to study.” He explained, flicking the light brown strands away, showing his big eyes.

“So that means you’re gonna be going to school here right? What school?” I asked, genuinely interested.

“If you go to the same school as Sehun, then yours.” He smiled, his eyes creasing in an adorable matter. I probably wasn’t paying attention how long I was staring at his face because then he coughed awkwardly.

“Sorry,” I muttered embarrassed.

Damn, I got to stop doing that!

“Are you not from around here either? You’re name doesn’t sound Korean.” Luhan said after another minute of silence.

“Ya, um my real parents were Japanese.” I said.

“Your Korean is quite good too.” He said, repeating what I had said. “Oh and if you don’t mind me asking, what do you mean by your 'real' parents?”

 “Well when my parents divorced, my Mum moved here.” I said, not knowing why I was telling him this. He was practically a stranger! “She then remarried another man, aka Kai’s father. “

“Oh.” Luhan said, looking as if he was at loss of words. 

“Don’t be sympathetic, from what I know it happened when I was born.” I sighed in irritation. Normally I would've shut the person up right then and now, but with Luhan it was...different.

“So you’ve never met your father?” Luhan asked, “Your biological one, I mean.”

I shook my head, “And I never want to.” I whispered. Luhan looked in my eyes and I sensed he knew there was more than I was letting on.

Just then we made it to my house.

“You know, one of the reasons I moved here was because my parents got divorced.” Luhan said quietly, rubbing the back of his head. I met eyes with him, only this time it was deeper than the accidents before. We had an understanding. I was about to speak when my front door opened.

“Mayumi! I was just about to call you!” My mom said, but then she took notice of Luhan. “Oh and hello, Mayumi’s friend!”

Luhan bowed, “Hello.”

 “Politely say bye to this lovely boy.”She said, “I have to go pick up some things from my friend and there’s no one at home.” She then turned to Luhan, “Goodnight...”

“Luhan.” He said civilly.

“Ohh okay! Goodnight Luhan. Bye Yumi, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Then my mom hurried over to the car.

“Sorry about my mom,” I grumbled, “She’s always in a...rush.”

“No worries,” Luhan smiled that breathtaking smile. I smiled back shyly.

“Bye, then.” I shuffled my feet.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, have a goodnight.” He held his hand out. I laughed at his posture then noticed he wasn’t kidding about the formal gesture.

I shook his hand, a shiver jolting up my wrist, God knows why.

He then smiled one more time as I watched him walk from my house. My hand lingered in place, and then it tightened closed missing the warm feeling Luhan’s hand had left.

Luhan managed to control me in ways no one has ever. What was this new feeling this boy I knew for less than 12 hours had brought?

~NO POV~

Chanyeol followed an excited Baekhyun into the ice cream parlor. “You know, I still can’t believe you’re older than me.”He shook his head at his best friend’s behavior.

“Like you’re any different,” Baekhyun stuck his tongue out.

When they settled down, their ice creams, Baekhyun suddenly spoke, “Don’t you think Mayumi likes Luhan?”

Chanyeol stopped his ice cream, “What do you mean?”

“Come on it was obvious, they only just met yet they keep having these eye conversations! I wish she could look at me like that.” Baekhyun said matter-of-factly.

Chanyeol put his elbow in the table, "You do?!"
 

“Nah, I was just kidding.” Baekhyun’s attention then suddenly got zoned in the poster in the parlor. Boy, was he easily distracted.

Chanyeol slumped back in his seat in deep thought.

“Are you on your period or something Chanyeol, you’re acting grumbly.” Baekhyun huffed after a minute of silence.

Chanyeol crossed his arms. “I thought you said Mayumi and I were your OTP.”

*~~*

Chanyeols so moody in this chapter :o

Thanks for the comments, if you're reading this chapter make sure to comment as well <3 Love you guys

 

 

AND ONCE AGAIN.......I basically don't know anything about Korean culture and am writing this for my own amusement...so sorry OTL