NIGHT 2

Nightmare

 

NIGHT 2

She opens her eyes abruptly. Yes, she is in the same room and the furniture still intact.

She gets up from the bed with confused face. She carefully opens the door and looks outside with scared eyes.

The dripping sound is still there. She’s hurried her pace of walk towards the living room but there’s no trace of blood.

“Eh? Where did that sound come from?” She whispered to herself.

She is making her way to kitchen where a black figure is sitting on the chair.

“Who is that?”

A black figure was looking down and didn’t move at all that she thought it was a doll.

“Already wake up?” A sudden voice startled her.

She looks around but it’s nowhere to be found. Suddenly, a black figure she saw was disappeared.

“Where the hell is that person?” She’s already panicked.

“Behind you.” The same voice appeared behind her.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Seohyun bolted from her bed. The bead of sweat was formed on her forehead and her hands were shivering. She looks around while panting.

“I’m in my room. Why does that dream look so real?” She takes a quick glance at the clock on her left side.

8.00 a.m.

She gets off from the bed and heading to bathroom.

She’s goes downstairs and makes herself a cup of coffee. Her little sister who just wakes up was rubbing her eyes while greeting her.

“Morning sis’!” Sohyun gives her smile.

“Morning dear. How’s your sleep?”

“Good. I met with Mr. Zebra and he promised me to bring me to Wonderland next time.”

Seohyun chuckles while ruffling her hair. “Really? Then, be a good girl so Mr. Zebra can take you everywhere.”

“Okay!” She off to bathroom, leaving Seohyun feels amused with her action.

Her phone suddenly vibrates; a sign of message enter.

Hyun, I miss you. Lets meet this afternoon? I’ll fetch you at home.’ – Luhan –

Seohyun was smiling while reading the message before reply with a yes. She’s notice her mother walks into the kitchen and gives her a smile.

“Morning, mom. What breakfast do you want to make today?”

“I’m going to make pancake with strawberry jam. How’s that?”

“Sound delicious.” She replies with a smile.

Her mother looks at her with worried look.

“Do you have problem, dear? From your face, I think you didn’t have enough sleep lately. Are you having nightmare?”

That word struck her badly like a knife just pierced her heart but blood didn’t spilled out.

“Of course not, mom. Don’t worry about me too much. I’m going to be fine.”

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

That afternoon, Luhan who was driving parked his car in front of her house. He makes sure everything is under control before knocks to the door. Surprisingly, her father opens the door.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Seo. How are you?”

“Good afternoon Luhan. I’m fine. Well, I’ve got a backache recently but it’s getting better. Please, come in.” He allows Luhan to enter as he sets aside the gardener tools.

Luhan takes a sit on the sofa while ruffling her little sister’s hair that is intently watching television. Her mother comes with a glass of orange juice and places it in front of him.

“Eh, Mrs. Seo! No need to serve me any drink. I just had one before I got here.”

“Never mind that. I won’t let my daughter’s boyfriend doesn’t had anything while he’s here. Wait for a minute. Seohyun is on the way.”

“I’ll be waiting for her then.” Luhan smiles.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

“Bad dream?” Luhan looks at her. Seohyun nods her head several times while sipping her strawberry milkshake.

Luhan just brought her to cafe while waiting for the movie, which started in an hour.

“It seems real. The voice was deep that a bad thought occurred into my mind. I thought he’s going to kill me.”

“It’s just a dream. Don’t think much about that. I’m here, right?” Luhan grasp her hand into his. Her faces turn into red when she looks at their hand intertwine together.

 In the cinema, they’re watching horror genre movie. Seohyun closes her eyes or grasps Luhan’s hand every time they’re showing scary part. One of the scenes is at the kitchen where the lead actress confronted with a black figure.

Seohyun was breathless for a while. ‘Why does it seems like in my dream?’

The lead actress was screaming when a black figure is suddenly appeared behind her back. This time, a black figure was holding a knife to stab her from behind but she pushed him away. She runs away from the house but stumbled down.

Seohyun can’t take this anymore. She’s excuse herself and goes out from the cinema. Luhan waits for a while before following her from behind.

“Seohyun, wait up!”

Seohyun can’t erase that image from her mind. She’s considering those as bad luck. It’s not like it would happen in reality, right? It’s just a movie.

Right?

Luhan pulls Seohyun to his embrace. He her hair with gentle move.

“I’m sorry if that movie scare you. I promise you we would watch other movie.”

“It’s okay. I don’t feeling well. That’s why I walk out from the cinema. Sorry for causing trouble.”

“I don’t mind. Anything for my girlfriend.” Luhan holds her hand tightly before goes to a car.

Why do I feel that tonight I would have the same dream again and again?’