~The Beginning of Her End~

Love is You + Me...

Cursing herself for wearing the three-inch heels, Kuroki Meisa dragged her boulder-heavy luggage while trying to balance her feet on the ground. She has been walking for almost one hour after the ‘wonderful’ taxi driver dropped her off in what supposed to be the area to the address she showed him. She would have ask him to send her straight to the house but communication was hard as she barely understands what the Korean driver was talking or asking. Plus, the taxi driver himself is not a master in Japanese.

Just thinking about the trouble she had earlier makes her want to scream and roll on the ground in frustration.

Please remind her not to skip the Korean class again and that if, she is still alive after all these massive torture.

Meisa looked at the crumpled piece of paper in her hand for the hundredth times. This is the worst thing that had ever happens in her entire life. Ever!!! She’s lost and alone in a place so foreign to her, her feet are killing her, and her darn stomach won’t stop grumbling.

Oh my, what have she done in her past life to deserve such a torture?  Okay Meisa, don’t be such a drama queen. You’re a strong woman! Think of this as a vacation instead of a mission. And at least you still have you credit cards. Right, her credit cards and the wedding proposal her parents came up with. The two main catalysts that brought her to the mess she’s in right now.

 

One week ago...

“Marrying is a big of a deal. You guys can’t just plan and expect me to follow it like a stupid doll.”Meisa’s face was flushed red, trying to restrain herself from shouting at the four older people in front of her.

“We don’t expect you to get married soon, dear. One year is fine.” the obasan calmly said. So calm that Meisa has the urge to claw on the flawless skin of her.

“Which part of ‘I don’t wanna get married’ you don’t understand, huh?”

“Kuroki Meisa!”her father said in a very stern voice but Meisa couldn’t care less.

“What did your son said about all this?”

“Well, we haven’t seen him for almost a year now. He’s busy managing our business in Korea but we know he wouldn’t say ‘No’.”

Kuroki Meisa sighed.

Great, they haven’t seen him for almost a year and he is one busy businessman. Perfect! Just the type of man she wants as her husband. For all she knows, he could be a bald, fat, impatient pig.

“Is he stupid or what? A normal man wouldn’t let his parents arrange something so big like a marriage for him.”

The woman laughed, making Meisa more and more irritated by the moment.

“I’m sorry but I don’t why she is so rude today.”apologized her mother, still trying to be polite to their guests. A deathly glare she had been receiving from her parents didn’t scare her a bit. She has her own stand and she’s going to hold on to it to the very end. That’s final!

“I’m out of here and don’t you dare threatened me again, dad.”she stormed to her room, grabbed her car keys and when she turned around, the weird obasan was standing at the door in an unreadable expression.

Geez, that woman would make a perfect ghost! Wonder why anyone didn’t cast her in Ju-On.

 Pretending not to notice her, Meisa walked passed her only to be grabbed by the arm.

“Meisa, I completely understand how you feel.”her voice was more of a whisper.

“Then why are you still insisting?”

“Let’s make a deal, shall we?”

And, although Meisa knows best not to make a deal with the devil but at the moment, it may be the only choice she has.

 

The deal she made is what brought her to Korea. Her mission is to find the fatty son (since Meisa didn’t know how he looks like, she happily draw her own figure of him in her mind as a fat/chubby bloke) and bring him back with her to Japan, at all cost. But the problem is, they didn’t supply her with enough information and her parents refused to help her at all. So now, she is on her own to fight for her own life. Okay, maybe that sounds a bit too much but, it’s the truth! Her happiness, her life is on the line here. Duh!

“Excuse me but I think, I’ll take that.” an unfamiliar voice said and faster than the speed of light, someone snatched her bag rather roughly and ran into a crowd of walking people. Half-stunned, it took Meisa almost a minute before she regained herself back and ran after the guy in a speed she never thought she could although she almost stumble to the ground a few times.

The guy was still running and would sometimes turned to look if she’s still chasing him. Everyone was watching them like they were movie stars in the middle of a shooting.

“Stop him!!! He stole my bag!!!”screamed Meisa.

Her chest painfully tightened signalling for the need of extra oxygen to fill her lungs. Stopping, she took off  her heels.

Heck, that pig was fast! There’s no way she could catch up with him.

Why didn’t anyone help her?!! What kind of place is this?

“Give up yet?!”she heard someone yelled in an annoying Japanese accent.

Looking around, she found the pig at the other side of the road with a smirk on his face. A face she was sure to remember for the rest of her life. A face she is going to draw as soon as she is capable of holding a pen and then send it to the best voodoo master in the world. Oh yes, she is going to make sure he die a slow and painful dead!

Meisa started walking again but her legs failed her and she fell, face first to the ground.

“Gwaenchanayo? “ a woman stopped and helped her back to her feet.

“Help me. That man over there is a thief. He stole my bag. My whole life is in there. Please help me.”pleaded Meisa, pointing at the damn pig.

The woman just stood there looking at her, trying hard to understand her words. Again, Meisa pointed at him on the other side.

“Thief. He...stole...my...!!!”her Korean is no doubt ! She can’t even pronounce a single word right especially when she is panic, like NOW! Skipping the Korean class had finally taken its toll on her.

On the other side of the road, Choi SeungHyun smiled contentedly. Holding up the bag so that she could see, he waved and walked away happily without another glance at the poor woman. Well that because he knew she doesn’t has the energy to run after him anymore. Not with that look on her face.

This is indeed the happiest day of his life.

*****

~lame and cheesy?~

~pardon me for any grammar mistakes~

~so what you guys think?~

~comments are loved~