~The Beginning or The End?~

Love is You + Me...

A ray of sunshine peaked through the half-open curtain, lighting up the semi-dark room.  However, its brightness failed to bring the princess back from her deep slumber. After a long night partying, sleeping until lunch hour is the most natural thing to do, well, at least for Kuroki Meisa. It is something in her ‘Must Do’ list, just like skipping classes which explains why she’s still in her first year of her degree at the age of 22. Not an accomplishment people would expect from the daughter of one of the most respectable man in Japan.

The door cracked open and Mrs. Kuroki walked in, shaking her head at the sight of her daughter’s sleeping figure, unaware to her surroundings. That very sight in front of her eyes is not something new to Mrs. Kuroki as she knew too damn well of the way her daughter’s life is operating. Waking up when other people has finish almost all their daily chores, skipping classes, partying with friends and coming home only when the clock strikes 5 in the morning. But often, they as her parents did nothing besides giving her everything she wants and let her ruins her own life.

Today, everything’s going to change for Kuroki Meisa.

What kind of parents are they if they let their only daughter’s life go to waste? In order to rescue Meisa from herself, they came up with a perfect plan.

“Rise and shine.”Mrs. Kuroki said in a sing song voice. She pulled the curtain, allowing the sun to pour its light fully into the room.

Annoyed and half-angry, Meisa opened her eyes reluctantly.

Seeing her mum in her room with a smile plastered upon her face is not something Meisa is looking forward to, since she has been taking is as a sign of soon-to-come problem. Whenever her parents have some plans for her, they would happily, cheerfully disturb her oh-so beautiful sleep, and that has been happening quite often now.

“Good timing, mum. Just when Johnny Depp was about to kiss me.”she growled, covering her face with a pillow.

“A lovely morning like this shouldn’t be spend on bed. Now, don’t be such a lazy bump. Wake up and take a shower. We’re expecting company today.”Mrs. Kuroki sat on the edge of the bed, pulling the pillow from her daughter.

As soon as those words left her mother’s mouth, Meisa’s let out another growl.

“And what does that have anything to do with me?”

“They want to see you.”

“I don’t want to see them! So, can I please have my sleep and dreams back? If possible, please rewind it to the part where Depp was about to kiss me. Thank you.” Meisa shut her eyes, pretending to be sleeping, aware of her mother’s eyes on her.

 “We know you would act this way. That’s why your father left you a message. He said, if you refuse or try to sneak out, all of your credit cards will be suspended and your car, well, he’ll just take it back.”

In an instant, Meisa sat up, looking straight at her mother.

This is definitely serious than she thought! Blackmailing was never her parents’ style but now, because of some stupid friends of their, she’s in deep trouble of losing her ‘best friends’. How is she supposed to live without the presence of a car and of course credit cards? Never!!! She would die without them. Those things are like freaking oxygen to her.

Damn, she hates their guest already and she doesn’t even know them.

Pouting, Meisa grabbed her towel and walked right to the bathroom and Mrs. Kuroki’s smile, grew wider than ever.

**********

Meisa stared blankly at the plate in front of her, trying so hard to remind herself the reason she’s doing all this ridiculous thing.

Being the only sane and youngest member at the lunch table is definitely a challenge for her. And believe it when she said she nearly die trying not to die of boredom.

Credit cards and car, credit cards and car, credit cards and car. She chanted to herself.

“So Meisa dear, your mother told me that you took Korean class at college.”the woman with her hairs tied in a neat bun asked, smiling sweetly at her but somehow that smile sent chill down her spine. Her eyes never once leave Meisa’s face, charmed by the exotic beauty possessed by that child.

Meisa was five years old when she first saw her and she’s quite sure that girl couldn’t even remember her anymore. Now, she had grown into a beautiful woman, dress in nothing but a chiffon strapless pink knee-length dress and a bored expression on her face.

“Only to skip it.”Meisa answered nonchalantly, earning her a deadly glare from her mother.

The woman laughed awkwardly, patting her husband’s shoulder.

“A girl with just the right sense of humor. We like it, don’t we honey? She’s perfect for him.”she said in an accent that always succeed in reminding Meisa that the married couple is indeed a Korean.

The older guy nodded, also smiling.

Erk wait a minute! Can we please go back to the part where she said ‘perfect for him’? Who is she talking about anyway?

“Who is perfect for whom?”Meisa asked curiously, stabbing the vegetables mercilessly.

Her father, Mr. Kuroki cleared his throat.

“Meisa...”he started.

“What colour do you like for your wedding theme dear?” the older woman beamed, cutting off her father’s sentence.

Heck, she’s one cheerful and talkative obasan!

“Eh?”was the only reply Meisa could came out with.

Colour for wedding theme? Why on Earth would she need a theme for her 30-years-from-now wedding?

“But you know what, white is just perfect.” she answered for her instead.

“Now, now, calm down. You’re scaring the girl.”her husband said jokingly.

“Yes she did, Mr....”Meisa’s voice trailed off.

Right, she can’t even remember their names.

“Meisa, don’t be so rude.”

“It’s okay, Kuroki-san. I’m sure a girl at her age has a lot other important things to remember besides our names. Don’t worry, Meisa. We’re going to be family soon so we have plenty of time to get to know each other.”

She is scarily nice! Is she seriously this sweet or she’s waiting for the right time before ‘skinning and ‘eating’ her alive?

“What do you mean by that?”asked Meisa, looking at her parents and the two strangers suspiciously.

Oh man, she’s starting to have a very bad feeling about this! The look that her parents are giving her is more than enough of a hint.

“What she’s trying to say is...”her father looked at her for a moment before continuing as if assessing her emotional stability.

Well, if there’s anyone who is not emotionally stable in this room that would be the two old married couple in front of her right now.

“You’re getting married, Meisa. With their one and only son.”

“Www...WHAT???!!!!!”

Her mother nodded.

“Your father and I believed that the time has come for you to take some responsibilities into your life.”

“And what makes you think marriage would turn me into a boring-lifeless-responsible Meisa?”she almost shouted all those words. Never in her life, had she felt so angry.

What were they thinking arranging her life like that??!! She’s still young and there’s so much she wants to do before involving herself in something called ‘marriage’ which she doubts will ever happen at all. Come on, marriage is for...for...ARGHHH!!!!

Burning with anger, she shifted her gaze to the cheerful obasan and her husband.

“Look, I’m not interested in marrying your son or anyone else for that matter. This is my life and I’m not gonna let a bloody wedding arrangement you guys came up with ruins it. Okay?!” throwing her fork and spoon on the table as a sign of procrastination, she stood up and started walking towards her room.

“One more step and you’ll be walking to college and working for money.”

The effect those words have on her are unbelievably strong as she stopped walking, immediately.

*****

 

~pardon me for any grammar mistakes~

~so what you guys think?~

~comments are loved~