What An Awkward Way to Begin Your Day

Love is You + Me...

Seunghyun punched his left shoulder lightly, trying to ease down the throbbing soreness to a bearable degree. Slowly he reached for his coffee cup, his fifth coffee cups for the last twelve hours, and took a sip before returning his attention back to the piling paper works on his desk.

He squinted, hard, forcing his eyes to read the letters on the white paper that had suddenly turned blurry.

Ah, his eyes had failed him! It must have something to do with the sleep deprived thingy he often heard about on the television. Even caffeine couldn’t help much, damn! There were still thousand of things he had to go through before his next meeting, which is three days from now and he couldn’t possibly slacked off.

It only meant one thing; another day of two hours sleep. Seunghyun yawned and stretched lazily on his chair.

That snotty princess of his was sleeping soundly on the opposite room and here he was, looking like a panda, hunching over never-ending workloads for twelve straight hours. He smiled at the thought of Meisa.

The truth is, it was hard, trying to focus on so many things at once. His works always need his attention despite having great employees and partners in his team. The thing about business is that, the moment you let other people handle yours, you’ll lose everything. And this had nothing to do with trust. Of course, as the company’s CEO, he trusted each and everyone that worked for the company. Hell, they had been working there before he even knew how to walk! But that’s just how things work; never let someone else runs your company for you. Simple but a little complicated in his case since he had two lead two different lives at once.

And his pathetic love life? No sign of improving at the moment and he had ran out of ideas. Maybe it would be better if he just told her truth.

Meisa, hi, remember me? I’m the fat hippo you kissed years ago when we were kids. Guess what? I’m truly, madly, deeply in love with you and I’ve been stalking you ever since I knew what the hell is amortization. Oh, this whole mess you’re in, I planned it. Well technically, my friends planned it and I just played along because I didn’t have any freaking ideas on how to win you over and I’m a coward. Believe me, we’ve tried the normal way, but it didn’t work. We’ve met three years ago, at a club. Remember the weird guy wearing cap and sunglasses? Yeah, that was me! I gave you my number but you never actually call and of course, I’m completely aware that you forgot all about me as soon as you stepped out of the club. Who am I to complain? You’re Kuroki Meisa! Oh well, that’s what triggered everything. I have to make you realize my existence somehow. So, we decided to play the Princess and The Pauper game with a little twist of our own. The point of the game was to teach you the value of hardship, love or anything like it because they were somehow sure it will makes you better. You know, just like in the movie. But the main objective was to nudge you on my existence which I assumed was a painful success. You do realize my existence now, right? Even though not in a sense I would prefer but that’s okay, I guess. Anyway, I’m tired of being Mr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That’s why I told you everything. Hope you’ll forgive me and please, try not to stab me with a fork while I’m sleeping. Thank you.

Done! Gah, if only it was that simple. Nobody ever stop him from telling her the truth and he can, if he wants to but knowing Meisa, she probably wouldn’t accept this as a sign of undying love. She’ll snapped his neck and fly back to Japan soon after, without even looking back.

Huh, that girl! That’s why she’ll make a perfect queen. His queen...

The beeping sound of his phone alarm jolted him up.

“Rise and shine, Seunghyun. Rise and shine.” he mumbled as he grabbed his towel from the bed and walked to the toilet quietly.

********************

Seunghyun nervously pushed open the door and walked in, slowly, careful not to wake up the still-sleeping Meisa on the bed with comforter covering her full body.

He stood by the bed for a few second, closed his eyes and counted to ten.

Wake her up and walk out. Wake her up and walk out. He chanted.

“Ohayo, Meisa-san! Time to wake up and go to work.” he said with a mock cheerfulness.

“Urusai.” she grunted, shifting roughly under the comforter.

“We have to go to work. Wake up!”

“I quit!” she mumbled sleepily.

Just what he expected from Kuroki Meisa. From what her mother had told him and of course from his personal experience of living with her, Meisa is definitely not a morning person. Not that he actually mind but he was supposed to teach her something, right?

So, let’s change that, shall we?

Pursing his lips, Seunghyun grabbed the comforter and jerked it from her.

“I said...” he stopped mid-sentence, mouth hung open.

Don’t look, don’t look.

But his eyes, a pair of wide opened eyes, were still fixed on the figure belongs to no other than Kuroki Meisa herself.

He gulped, unable to move. And his...his...OMG!!!

Damn, it has been a very long time!

 “Leave me alone. Give me back my blanket, idiot.” she tried to grab the comforter from him, oblivious to her own ness.

“Wait, what...?!” almost immediately, she opened her eyes and let out an ear-tearing shriek, filling out the whole building.

Another shriek followed a second after, and this time, it was Seunghyun’s.

Meisa stopped screaming and ran to the other side of the bed, along with a pillow to cover her body. She looked at Seunghyun, obviously disoriented.

He was still screaming as he wrapped the comforter around his body in a careless move. His eyes, however, never left her face even for a brief second.

“Why are you screaming?!” yelled Meisa, irritated.

“I was? Really? Oh I didn’t realize that.” he said stupidly, fighting his own breathlessness as he took a step backward. The comforter was still wrapped around him.

Huh he’s not going to let it go even if she strangles him, in...ehemm...that delicious...ehemm...ness.

“What the hell are you doing in my room? How did you get in?” she asked, clutching the pillow to her chest.

“I used the door. I have spare keys. I...Don’t you think you should use something a little more bigger that a pillow to cover yourself? I could...I could still see your...”

“One more word and I swear, I’ll flush you down the toilet. Arghh, would you just give me the damn blanket?!”

Seunghyun shook his head.

“Not even if you kill me.”

Meisa grunted.

“What is wrong with you?”

“Nope.” Seunghyun took another step backward, grabbed her towel from the hanger nearby, and tossed it to her.

“You do realize I’m gonna kill you after this, right?”

“I...I know. You’ve...you’ve been...itching to do that since the first day you were...here. Err I just saw your...”

“Would you please stop it?!”

“Okay I’ll shut up.” he pretended to zip his mouth and kept his eyes to the floor beneath his feet.

“But it’s not my fault, you know. What were you thinking sleeping cloth-less like that? What if burglars break into the house and find you like that? Oh my Gadd...”

“This is my room. I can do whatever the hell I want. Get out and please give me the spare key to this room. Put it on the table.”

“Ah yes, I needed a cold shower myself. You can take the key. I have three more in my room. See you in fifteen minutes or we’re gonna be late for work. Jaa ne.”

********************

Meisa rolled her eyes at the sound of the commotion coming from the back, the kitchen area. Half an hour till the restaurant is back on business and they were doing some stupid haka which she strongly refused to take part. Instead, she busied herself arranging the chairs on the front.

Stupid.Meisa thought.

Alright, she was avoiding him like a coward ever since they left house, after that beyond-embarrassing incident this morning. The silly smiles plastered upon his silly face made it trillion times worse. Hence, she tried to stay as far as possible from that idiot, for as long as she could. So far, she succeeded.

Damn that guy! What was he thinking barging into her room like that? Duh, don’t the word ‘privacy’ rings a bell? And how dare he blamed her for it.

She was extremely exhausted last night for she had never worked so damn hard in her entire wasteful life. It was almost 12am when she finished cleaning up the restaurant even though TOP was being surprisingly helpful and nice by waiting and helping her out. By the time she reached home (walking if she might add),  it was already 1am. So she went straight for bed, too lazy to take her bath. The fact that her ‘uniform’ was heavy, uncomfortable and smelled of dried sweat made her took them off without so much of a thought.

Because she’d locked the door and suspected no such thing as a spare key ever existed in the bloody house! Who would have thought, TOP, the fox with nine tails, would suddenly have the itch to wake her up so early in the morning with a spare key to assist?

Baka, baka, baka!

“Meisa-shii, if you’ve finished cursing, could you please come to the kitchen now?” Bonghwa shouted from the door.

Okay, she was cursing out loud. Big deal!

Meisa gritted her teeth and turned with a full smile on her lips.

“Hai.”

She took small, reluctant steps to the back of the restaurant, fully aware of the existent of an annoying creature by the name TOP. 

Just ignore him, Meisa. He’s a dream, he never existed in your life. Ignore him.

Seunghyun whistled playfully, tying the knot of his apron around his waist though he doubt he’s going to help much today. 

He doesn’t exist, Meisa. Just ignore him.

She took the apron Sanghee held out for her, pretending to look calm and unaffected though her face was a picture of horror and she was still struggling to tie her apron when Seunghyun approached her, mischief twinkling in his eyes. Meisa lowered her head and turned, her back facing him.

Seunghyun let out a small chuckle. His long fingers grabbed her shoulders and pulled her to face him.

“Don’t you think it’s a little too late to pretend I didn’t exist after this morning?” he whispered, lifting her chin.

He heard her! Ah, she had to find a way to fix her leaking mouth ASAP.

Meisa closed her eyes stubbornly.

“Done.” Seunghyun said again, this time using his real, deep voice.

“Eh?” instantly her eyes fluttered open.

Her hands travelled to her back, feeling the tied knot of her apron. The confuse expression on her face made Seunghyun wants nothing more than to pinch her cheeks.

She was cute.

“Happy working, Meisa-san.” he said, trailing his hand down her body and moved away, causing the woman to shudder.

And Meisa’s mind was in total chaos for the whole day, all thanks to TOP.

 


Updated...So how was it?

Stupid? Silly? Good? Cheesy?

Drop me your comment on the box below. I would love to hear your thought.

Sorry but no JaejoongxMeisa scene...for those who are rooting for them...

And more chappies coming soon...watch out! :D

 

Do Check Out My Other Fics:

First Comes Love, Then...? - Kuroki Meisa, Choi Seunghyun

Fugitives - Jung Yunho, Rain, Eunhyuk, Tanaka Koki, Choi Seunghyun, OCs

Saving You (One Shot) - Lee Donghae + OC

 

~Comments&SubscriptionsAREMUCHappreciated~