HeartBeat

A Car Crash

 

Seung Jo closed his eyes and tried to remember all the things that happened between himself and Ha Ni. All the fighting, the streets they used to walk together, the athletics carnival and their first kiss.

"Hyung... Hyung?" Eun Jo waved his hand in front of Seung Jo and he snapped out from his memories. He looked around and saw that he wasn't in the hospital anymore. He was sitting down on his chair and Eun Jo was looking at him.

"Oh, hey Eun Jo. What is it?" Seung Jo asked him, rubbing his eyes.

"I came to tell you to come down and eat dinner." Eun Jo said in a quiet voice and ran downstairs. Seung Jo stretched his arms and went down the stairs


In the dining table, only noises of plates and forks clanking were heard. Seung Jo looked away from the food and looked up. In front of him, there was Ha Ni, eating so beautifully. Her white cheeks and her gleaming eyes. Seung Jo blushed and looked down. He never realized how beautiful she was in high school.

He felt like as if he was blind back in high school, not noticing her beauty. He gulped water down his neck and then went back to eating. But he had never realized that Eun Jo was sitting next to him and furthermore, he had seen Seung Jo blush.

After dinner, Seung Jo went up to his room along with Eun Jo and slumped down on his bed. He felt good. After realizing how beautiful she was, he couldn't help but smile.

"Umm, Hyung?" Eun Jo said as Seung Jo quickly wiped his smile off his face.

"Oh, yes, Eun Jo. What is it? Do you need help with your homework?" He asked in a calm voice. He realized that his voice was still shaking from joy.

"No. Can I ask you something?" Eun Jo said. Seung Jo wondered what had got into Eun Jo all of a sudden.

"Uh… Okay. What is it?"

"Do you like Oh Ha Ni?" Seung Jo felt like as if he was struck with a heart . His mind was now full of that question Eun Jo had just asked. He couldn't hear anything as the question repeated itself over and over. He looked at Eun Jo, who looked like as if he wanted a positive answer. Seung Jo had nothing to say.

"If you don't have anything else to ask, go to sleep." he answered coldly.

"But…" Eun Jo didn't continue his argument. His face was full of disappointment as he went to his bed and laid there. Seung Jo suddenly felt guilt that he answered Eun Jo so coldly, but he couldn't help it.


"Are you sure to let Ha Ni go back to school?" Mother asked Seung Jo as he and Ha Ni got ready for school.

"I'll be fine, mother. Anyways, if I follow Seung Jo, I might remember something about him." Ha Ni replied with a smile.

"But, what if you remember TOO much and collapse like last time?"

"Don't worry. Looking through my timetable, I think I only have around 2~3 classes with him." For the first time, Seung Jo hated his timetable, now that he started few more classes; the few classes that were with Ha Ni were all cancelled.

"We'll be going now, mother." Seung Jo said as he left before he could face Ha Ni again. But Ha Ni quickly caught up with him, and Seung Jo could see over his shoulders that Ha Ni wanted to talk to him. Seung Jo turned around and Ha Ni stopped.

"What do you want from me?" He said it so coldly, he regretted it.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"No need to shout… Anyways, I'm just telling you that I've found another way to the school, so I won't bother you." Ha Ni said as she pointed at a crossroad, where Seung Jo and Ha NI had crossed together, which was only a few metres away from them.

"I just have to go with you to that crossroad, and then I just have to go right, and you can cross the crossroad normally." She smiled beautifully.

Seeing that Ha Ni's face reminded him of the question Eun Jo asked before, and made him anxious that people will know his feelings towards Ha Ni. He HAD to hide his feelings.

Then he realized that there was no reason. Why would he hide his feelings when the person he loves will love him back? Who cares if people laugh at him when the only thing he want is Ha Ni's smile?

He stopped his steps. He could hear his heart beat so fast. Ha Ni turned around and realized that he stopped and went back her steps towards Seung Jo and waved her hands

"Baek Seung Jo, are you okay?" Ha Ni asked

"I feel so light-headed. I've never felt this before." Seung Jo replied, half dazed. Ha Ni looked at him with a confused look.

"Okay, then. If you don't hurry, we'll be late to school." she said and she turned around towards the crossroad. Seung Jo came back to his senses and grabbed Ha Ni's wrist and turned her around towards him again.

"Is there something…."

Seung Jo leaned down and kissed Ha Ni on the lips. Ha Ni's eyes were as big as a rabbit, but slowly closed her eyes to let this be.

 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
AN: Hello, dear fans! I am soooooo sorry! I was a little bit busy doing all sorts of things… T^T You have the right to stop reading my stories… But thank you to all my fans who kept by my side! Arigatou!
Please wait for the grand conclusion of this poor story!