Time Ticks

A Car Crash

 

"Do you like me?" Oh Ha Ni asked as everybody turned around towards them. Seung Jo turned around and saw that the question she asked was not a joke. The room was quiet.

"Um, we should be going now. We can't be late." Joo Ri said as she dragged Min Ah and Joon Gu out of there. Everybody thought it was a joke, so they turned around and went back to their business.

"Or…Maybe not. I'm sorry. You must have considered me as a joke before, when I did know you, and I think that you still consider me as a joke. No hard feelings, you may know me well, but I don't know you, so I won't be upset." Ha Ni said as she went up to the stairs and to her room. Seung Jo was astonished. He knew that the damage of her brain would affect her somehow, but he didn't realise that it could make her smarter.

Seung Jo stood up and went to his room and sat down. He never expected HER to know his hidden feelings. He did everything to hide his feelings to everybody, including himself. And they were just reaching the point that everybody realised that it was only a one-sided love when the accident happened. His mind suddenly went blank with a sound of the door opening. Seung Jo turned around. It was Ha Ni, with a change of clothes.

"Umm, Mother said to tell you that we need to go to the hospital to have a check-up and…if you're willing to come, she said you can…."Seung Jo walked up to her and touched her forehead. It was still warm.

"Uh, what are you…doing?" she asked as her cheeks blushed. Seung Jo looked down up to her eyes and blushed. They were staring at each other aimlessly. The room was silent. Seung Jo actually liked the feeling. Him and her just like this, overlooking what each other was thinking and no one would interrupt them.

"Ha Ni! It's time to go!" called Mother from downstairs. Ha Ni turned her head and ran down, embarrassed. Seung Jo stood there, his mind blank again. Eun Jo came upstairs and called him.

"Hyung! Aren't you coming? If you don't come, you'll be here alone. Of course, I know you like to stay home, alone. I'll just tell…" Seung Jo grabbed his coat and walked downstairs. As he went down the stairs, he shouted "Mother, I'm going as well."

*In the Hospital*

All the family was sitting down, waiting for Ha Ni and Ha Ni's dad to come out of the check-up room. Mother was trembling and Father was holding her hands. Eun Jo was reading a book, but he wasn't concentrating well. Seung Jo was reading a book as well, but he couldn't set his mind straight. Every single letter he read seemed to just flow in and straight out of his head. Then he would think of Ha Ni again, and how she was bright and happy before she had forgotten all about him. Ha Ni, Ha Ni's dad and the doctor came out. Everyone stood up, nervous.

"Doctor, is she fine? Does she have to stay in the hospital again?" Mother asked in a trembling voice. Her eyes were filling up with tears again.

"She's fine, Ma'am. I'm assuming that she had a mental shock trying to remember what she had forgotten. Don't worry about coming back here again the next time she has a high fever, but it'll be the best to come to the hospital if she does not wake up for at least a day."

Mother shed tears of joy and hugged Ha Ni. Both fathers smiled at each other and let out their worries. Eun Jo had tried to hold back the smile, but he failed and in the end, he grinned. Seung Jo felt most relieved, but then realised that the doctor hadn't said a word for Ha Ni not remembering anything about him.

He slowly asked "Will she able to remember what she had forgotten? I mean, according to the book I read before, it did say that if the head injury isn't that big, they are able to…"

"They are able to recover their memory in days, yes. Well, she is recovering very fast but we still don't know what will happen next. We'll just going to have to watch and see what will happen next." The Doctor said, cutting Seung Jo. "Don't worry, Mr Seung Jo. She will remember things soon, just wait. Time goes fast, you know. The time will tick with a blink of an eye if don't have it on your mind."

"Ha Ni, I'm so glad that you weren't sick after all. I know the Doctor said that you should try not to remember too much, but DO try at times, when you feel most relaxed." Mother said as they had arrived the street before their house.

"Come to think of it, I do remember a person walking with me on my way to High School. I always thought that it was Eun Jo, but now it doesn't make any sense. I mean, Eun Jo's primary school was the opposite way from the high school I used to go to, and yet I do remember…" Ha Ni mumbled. Listening to this, Seung Jo was determined to make her remember him, no matter what. Now he felt like as if he was holding onto a thin string of hope.

Has he finally submitted his love towards to Ha Ni? Will Ha Ni be able to remember Seung Jo and live normally again?

AN: I'm so sorry that it took so long to update! I had so many things going on, I couldn't keep up with the story! Sorry! Sorry!