When it Happens

A Car Crash

 

"Today's your interview, right?"

"Yes. I have told you that so many times."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you… I just wanted to make sure."
"Now you know. Go back to your room." Seung Jo said coldly. He couldn't help it. He was in an uncomfortable mood, now that his interview was actually coming. Ha Ni closed the door quietly, trying not to wake Eun Jo (Yuuki) up. She tiptoed to her room. She knew that Seung Jo was in an uncomfortable mood. She just tried to make him more cheerful, but she made it worse of Seung Jo.

She had done hers before, for the special students. It was the worst day to have a interview that day, since rain had came so much the train stopped working. But she had to go. This time, the situation was much better. According to the weather news, there would be no rain nor wind, so there would be no train stops. But, Ha Ni realized that it was not the weather that had made him nervous.


"Mother, I'll be going now." Seung Jo said as he put his shoes on. Geum Hee (Machiko) ran to him.

"Have you got all your stuff? Your water? Your Phone? Your Pencil? Then, here." She handed him a tablet and a glass of water. "It's just to calm yourself down. You look so… You know what I mean."

"I'm fine, mother. I'll be okay." but he wasn't okay. In fact, even though he refused the tablet, he felt like having at least five of those tablets.

"Wait! Let me come with you! I promise, I won't be a burden! Only up to the gate! Or up to the last street?" Ha Ni shouted. That actually made him feel a bit better, but he tried not to show it.

"No. You, stay here. Every time I'm with you, something bad happens. So just stay here." Seung Jo said coldly. The words came out harsh. It was just to hide his feelings. He could see that Ha Ni's face had darkened. He couldn't bare to look at that anymore.

"I will be going." Seung Jo said as he headed outside. Ha Ni stood there, then ran upstairs and came back with her bag.

"I'll be going too." she shouted as she ran up to Seung Jo, until she was only a few meters away.

After turning the first corner, Seung Jo realized that Ha Ni was following him, he smiled as he slowed his steps, but not as much that it gets too suspicious. Whenever he stopped, Ha Ni stopped, wondering if he had seen her. When he started to walk again, Ha Ni let out a sigh of relief and walked again.


They arrived at a crossroad, which had separated Seung Jo and Ha Ni. He could see that when the lights have changed, her face was filled with anxiety of losing him from the sight. Then, thinking that there are not much cars, she crossed the crossroad as fast as she can. Not knowing what Ha Ni was doing, he was walking along where he heard a car screech, a scream, a crash and the footsteps of other people. Thinking on the positive, thinking that she would be still following him, hiding from a building, looking at every single move he makes, Seung Jo slowly turned around and moved to the crash place. He could see the driver, his face in terror. He went in closer to the forming crowd and in the middle, two men were trying to wake someone. Seung Jo was in shock. He could see Ha Ni, lying there, bloodstained, her eyes closed.


Is this the end for Ha Ni? Would she live to see Seung Jo ever again? Please keep reading to see the end!