The Fight

Angel Prince

Kiseop started our walk home together. School had recently gotten out, and we had the rest of the after noon. We walked through the shopping district, looking in windows as we passed. Everything was bright and beautiful, and I felt happy to just be with my best friend in my home town.

"When we get out of highschool, where do you want to go?" I asked Kiseop as we passed a clothing store.

He considered for a moment. "I think, I want to stay here. Where we grew up." He said, gesturing to the city around him. I nodded.

"Me too. I like it here. I like that we know everyone in this part, and they know us. Its like we're one big happy family." I didn't have a normal happy family. My mother was in the hospital with cancer, and my father had run off before I was even born. I didn't have any siblings. "Kiseop, you, my mother, and our neighbors are my family, and I could never bare to move away from you." I smiled at him, and he gave me a hug.

"Me either. Now, lets get something to eat." He grabbed my hand, and tugged me towards the bakery. 

The bakery was the only shop we didn't know the owners of. We had heard that it was own by a group of boys, but you only saw one of them, and that was a nice baker named Chunji. We also heard that they lived in an apartment above the bakery. I had awlways wanted to see the boys the lived there. They worked in the bakery, but Kiseop and I only went there for little treats, because we usually can't aford it. Kiseop stopped me before I could cross the street to the store.

"I'll go. You stay here and wait for me. Okay, Jess?" I nodded my consent, and leaned against the wall of the building behind me, and watched as he crossed the street and disappeared into the store. I plugged in my ipod.

And again, didn't notice the danger. Some of the Kiseop fangirls had surrounded me, 10 to 1. I gulped, and paused my music. "Can I help you guys? Kiseop went in the bakery." I said, trying to ignore the blood lust in their eyes.

"Your such a . Keeping him all to yourself. You should learn how to share. You act like your a coule." One sneered. I flinched

"No. Its not like that. Kiseop is more like my big brother." I cowarded, trying to make myself small. *Kiseop, how long does it take to get a loaf of bread?!?* The circle around me tightened. My spin ground into the bricks behind me.

"How come he only pays attention to you? Theres nothing speacial about you. We're prettier." Another said, eyes narrowed. I had no where to go.

I couldn't help it. "Says who? Your blind mother? Even if shes not blind, shes required to say that, its in the job description." They hissed in outrage. The girl who had spoken first, lifted a hand, and swung. I screwed my eyes shut. There was the sound of a solid SLAP, but I didn't feel pain. I opened my eyes.

My prince stood in front of my, arms out, his head had been whiped to the side with the slap. I could see him gritting his teeth. The girls' attitudes changed instantly.

"Did I hurt you, sweety? I'm so sorry!" But he wasn't falling for it. He stared at her in defiance. 

"Don't come near her again." He hissed with barely controlled rage. As the crowd dispersed, I went to thank him, but he slipped from my grasp, ran across the street, and disappeared in the alley.